The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Caring for others with chronic illnesses  (Read 237867 times)

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Caring for others with chronic illnesses
« Reply #1140 on: January 18, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
So sorry for all the sadness in your family, Nellie.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #1141 on: January 18, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »

(((Nellita)))

BIG HUGS

:-*
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1142 on: January 18, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »
Very sorry to hear of the troubles in your family, Nellie.  I'll be thinking of you and praying for all of you.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #1143 on: January 22, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »
Amen Jack
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1144 on: April 16, 2016, 06:06:20 PM »
I would like to ask for your thoughts and prayers for my friend Michael, whom I have known since grade school and who lives in Houston. His partner, Joel, who thought he had a cold the week between Christmas and New Year, went to the doctor in early January. They diagnosed bronchitis, and gave him antibiotics and a steroid.

It got better, but when he went in February for his yearly check up, had a Cat Scan, they discovered a spot in his lower left lung. He was referred to Pulmonologist, who took a biopsy. It was discovered to be cancerous, but they did not know what type. He was referred to an Oncologist, who had an MRI done and it was discovered that there was a lesion in his brain as well.

He had opted not to have any treatment on the lung cancer, as he had nursed his previous partner of 38 years through 2 years of cancer chemotherapy and decided that is not what he wanted. They did however, decide to do radiation therapy on the brain lesion, as it was in the part of the brain that would affect his sight.

The type of cancer that was discovered is so rare and aggressive, there is no treatment or chemotherapy protocol for it. They had given him 6-12 months.

Last Sunday he could not breathe, so after going to the Oncologist on Tuesday, they determined he needed to be on hospice care. He is now on 24 hr care and Michael told me today he is relatively unresponsive. Michael has been calling me everyday to update me and to just talk. I have met Joel several times and am so very sad for the both of them. Michael is 62, and Joel 70.

They were together about 8 years, and decided to amicably separate about 4 years ago, but kept in contact. About 6 months ago they decided to live together again for financial reasons and to take care of each other as they have gotten older. Michael has a mild form of MS.

Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1145 on: April 16, 2016, 06:09:09 PM »
Definitely, Linda.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #1146 on: April 16, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »
thoughts, prayers and good vibes going out to Mike  and Joel.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1147 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:18 PM »
Thanks, Fritz and Chuck. ♥
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #1148 on: April 17, 2016, 02:30:46 AM »
I'm so sorry, Linda - I know what an important friend Michael is to you. Thinking of Joel, Michael and of you.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1149 on: April 17, 2016, 12:36:45 PM »
Thanks Sara. I love Michael very much and like Joel a lot as well. I think the saddest thing is that they thought they had a little more time. :'(
... Kierkegaard

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #1150 on: December 28, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »

Hello members!!!!  The Admin/Mod/Tech team is coming to you with news for the new year.

When this forum was originally founded, it was under the URL we all know, www.DaveCullen.com, however, it was often referred to as the "Ultimate Brokeback Forum".  Dave's website had a link to the forum, and the two entities were joined as one.

For a host of technical reasons beyond Dave’s technical ability, he needs to turn his website over to a service that can handle much of the work—and it can’t support the massive forum database. Dave really wants the forum to proceed, so the solution is simple: just split Dave’s personal pages and the forum to two separate web addresses. Everything else remains the same.

To continue to follow Dave Cullen, you can use the existing address,   www.DaveCullen.com .

To access the Ultimate Brokeback Forum, you will need to bookmark this new address:   https://www.UltimateBrokebackForum.com/forum.

We expect this change to take place within a week's time, and there should be no major disruption to the forum.   While the UBF will no longer be linked to DCF,  Dave Cullen will retain his ownership of both sites. 

Please continue to watch the threads/newsbox for further updates!  We will attempt to give you all 24 hours notice before the change takes place.  However, you should make note of the new address now.  If you try to log in at the old address and you are unable to, try to use the new address.  Thanks for your continued participation in this community!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:19:10 PM by killersmom »