The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Caring for others with chronic illnesses  (Read 236835 times)

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
Re: Caring for others with chronic illnesses
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2007, 05:29:07 AM »
my mom had the biopsie today,all went well,was a risky thing,cause they had to go trough her longs as well,she only lost some blood,but they gave her extra in advance.
she has a tumor on her thymus,that was discovered accidentaly on exray and which could be the cause of her blood desease.now we have to wait about two weeks for the results,wheter it`s a bad form or not.and if i`s oparable.
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2007, 05:34:36 AM »
(((CONNY)))..your mom is still in my prayers ,hon...
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2007, 05:36:01 AM »
conny, i'll keep a prayer reserved for your mum, i hope they will be able to operate and she's going to be ok.

will you all please send a little prayer for my grandfather ? he's having his biopsy today. it could be that he has a nasty type of bone-cancer like disease, it dissolves the bones, a horribly painful death. i can't even think about it. i hope that the universe takes pity on him, he alreay survived colon cancer. i just wish for a couple of good, painfree years for him and a then a soft, quick walk out.
this is not fair....
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2007, 05:42:56 AM »
((( MARTINA ))).........I'll keep him in my prayers too hon....
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2007, 06:00:07 AM »
((Martina))) ofcourse your grandfather is in my thoughts as well!

Offline bbmbliss

• Truly Scrumptious
  • Obsessed
  • Love is where it falls
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2007, 06:03:43 AM »
((((Martina)))) ((((Conny))))

Thinking of you and your grandfather and mother - hoping for good news for you all.
I know why the caged bird sings.  The caged bird sings of freedom. - Maya Angelou

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2007, 03:33:25 PM »
{{{{{{{CONNY and MOM}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{MARTINA and GRANDPA}}}}}}}

May comfort and peace find all four of you and your families...

Rob
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
Conny, Martina and Nellie, you and your families are always in my prayers. Bless you.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline whiplash

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

You know, my aunt ended up in the hospital a couple of weeks ago after falling in her bathroom (such a cliche) and they found out she has congestive heart failure and lung cancer.  Naturally I have been to visit her in the hospital and then they put her in a nursing home for a few days to get her walking and she ended up with some strange infection in her colon and then in intensive care etc., etc.  It seems to be the same scenario with all of our Old People, their bodies have just had enough.

She has always been my favorite aunt - we have a lot of silly pet names and recurring jokes we play.  She did her usual fawning over me and how young I look and it struck me really hard that when these precious Old People are gone, I will no longer be young.  They witnessed my birth and my growth but in their eyes I am forever young.  Very sad.
You complete me.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »
sending positive thoughts and prayers out to Conny and her mom, Martina and her grandpa, and whiplash and her aunt.

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

You know, my aunt ended up in the hospital a couple of weeks ago after falling in her bathroom (such a cliche) and they found out she has congestive heart failure and lung cancer.  Naturally I have been to visit her in the hospital and then they put her in a nursing home for a few days to get her walking and she ended up with some strange infection in her colon and then in intensive care etc., etc.  It seems to be the same scenario with all of our Old People, their bodies have just had enough.

She has always been my favorite aunt - we have a lot of silly pet names and recurring jokes we play.  She did her usual fawning over me and how young I look and it struck me really hard that when these precious Old People are gone, I will no longer be young.  They witnessed my birth and my growth but in their eyes I am forever young.  Very sad.

Warm thoughts to you and your aunt...

I recall thinking similar feelings as you when first my mother than my father died. The two of them were among the first to see me... they witnessed my infanthood... my childhood... my teens and then a bit of my adulthood.

Unfortunately, neither were here to witness my coming out and the happiest days of my life thus far...

Hugs,
Rob
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline beruthiel

• Obsessed
  • nam myoho renge kyo
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2007, 08:53:48 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.  Do we have any Reiki practitioners on the forum?  I am looking for help for my mother.  I did a two-day Reiki workshop this past weekend, but I am still getting my feet under me and am not sure that what I am doing will have any effect.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
"A patriot must always be prepared to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2007, 12:22:51 AM »
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.  Do we have any Reiki practitioners on the forum?  I am looking for help for my mother.  I did a two-day Reiki workshop this past weekend, but I am still getting my feet under me and am not sure that what I am doing will have any effect.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

yes i am,am having reiki 1 and 2,you can always pm me if you have questions!!

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »
whiplash, lots of positive thoughs for your aunt !

you are right about the things that happen once some health thing starts with elderly people...i can understand now why they constantly refuse to go to the hospital, being afraid that once they get in, they won't get out again. it just happens too often.

grandpa was sent home from the hospital today again. he's feeling well. now the big waiting game starts. we'll get the results on feb 22nd. the doctor said he'll discuss treatment options then. that doesn't sound too good.  :'(
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »
fingers corssed for you grandpa martina,my mom gets the results around those days as well.