The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia  (Read 260719 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »

I discovered this little pic accidentally on google. It's for an unauthorized book of Brokeback Mountain trivia, sold over the internet.

Does anyone have any other info on it?

Offline amscram

• Obsessed
  • bluebird o' happiness
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »
Hello,

I don't know if anyone here can help me out.
I purchased this signed poster a while ago, impusively, at the height of my obsession with BBM.
I believe that the signatures are not authentic.

What do you think?

thanks for your help,

MarkC

Mark, here's a shot of a photo autographed by Heath and one by Jake that hang at the Red Coat Inn in Fort Mcleod, Alberta, where I stayed overnight on my BBM trip (hope this helps?):
"Doubt may not be a pleasant state of mind, but certainty is a ridiculous one." -Voltaire
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B. Anthony

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »
Hello,

I purchased this signed poster a while ago, impusively, at the height of my obsession with BBM.

What do you think?

thanks for your help,

MarkC

Mark, here's a shot of a photo autographed by Heath and one by Jake that hang at the Red Coat Inn in Fort Mcleod, Alberta, where I stayed overnight on my BBM trip (hope this helps?):

Amscram,

Thanks alot, it does help.
Not the same signatures, I think.
Well I wonder if I should just torch the poster and chalk this one up to experience.
I still have an original doulble sided cinema poster as a consolation.

MarkC

adrian_delmar

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

I discovered this little pic accidentally on google. It's for an unauthorized book of Brokeback Mountain trivia, sold over the internet.

Does anyone have any other info on it?

Hello Lyle,
  Not certain of it's content but you can preview, download it or buy it here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/331406

adrian
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:29:57 AM by adrian.delmar »

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 08:15:29 AM »
^^^ i think the author of the "i wish i knew how to quit you" book is a member of our forum, but i forgot who, exactly :(   he's a new member i think,,, the book was in his sig line a while back! :)

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  Ang Lee

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2006, 01:21:51 PM »
you know what i'd really want from the set of BBM?

the tent. or a tent just like it. i just think it's so damn cute,,,,, and the meaning it holds for the movie, the FNIT AND SNIT, and the horse carving scene, the hail scene,,,,,,,,,,, tent dont look right,,,,,,,, it even had special lines built written for it!!

what did they say about the homes they lived in?

and if it's a copy, it can't have aluminum poles, or a center pole... i've seen similar online but they eschew the four outer poles for a center pole. i've also seen them in nylon... nope. canvas please.

coming soon: sweaters knit out of the wool from the sheep in BBM.  ;D

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  Ang Lee

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2006, 08:30:23 PM »
Hello,

I purchased this signed poster a while ago, impulsively, at the height of my obsession with BBM.

What do you think?

thanks for your help,

MarkC

Amscram,

Thanks alot, it does help.
Not the same signatures, I think.
Well I wonder if I should just torch the poster and chalk this one up to experience.
I still have an original doulble sided cinema poster as a consolation.

MarkC

MarkC

Don't forget that a lot of these signatures are done quickly, so don't expect them to match exactly. Look for general characteristics.

I did much the same as you in the post BBM frenzy, and bought a signed photo. I'm satisfied that they are true from what I've seen.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »
Thanks alot Dan,

MarkC

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »

Anyone attending the upcoming slashbash, TDS says
"Organizers are working on unique mementos."

Let us know on this thread what that is!

(photos please!)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »
I've seen some of the items the "slashbashers" received in Chicago last weekend on some of the pic threads. Here's a few below. If I find better ones I'll add them or replace them.

(If you see any good related pics you could also pm me the link if you wish.)

These are gift bags made to look like sheep:

These gals (Melissasjack is seated) are wearing "buttons" designed for the occassion--this is the closest pic I could find of them so far:

Jack & Ennis pillow cases:

This is BayCityJohn, who won this Brokeback Mountain rock souvenir. Melissasjack won a second one.
The rocks were donated by forum member Amscram, and are from
the "tent don't look right" scene location that he visited:

Also, notice the t-shirt.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:35:28 PM by Lyle (Mooska) »

Offline Mondavi

• Obsessed
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2006, 09:21:10 AM »
Just came over to see about the auction. 

About the Slash Bash bags, one of the original items we got in our bags was a postcard with artwork done by our dear Sheera, it is beautiful.  The t-shirts were great too, everyone got one of those.  There were also buttons made for each of us with our screen name and real names. There were SO many goodies, really incredible the generosity of the organizers.  A lot of the goodies were related to individual Slash stories, one included dog tags with the names Ennis Del Mar on one and Jack Twist on the other. There were actually 2 full goodie bags total plus a cd of music related to BBM. 

It was an amazing weekend with amazing people.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »
Thanks, Mondavi, for that great bit of information.

I want to point out to readers here that this thread can also be used to create your own WISHLIST of things you'd like to see become BBM memorabilia.

WISHLIST

Stationery
I was reading on another thread where someone stated that they wished they had some Brokeback Mountain stationery to write on. My first thought was that people still write letters and such and I love it. There's nothing like a handwritten note, letter, or card arriving in your mailbox!
I got one from paintedshoes this summer--after a particularly stressful day-there was this wonderful little gift in the mailbox-thanks paintedshoes!

Stationery would be great, as well as greeting cards, thank you cards etc.!  Brainstorming: Wrapping paper! Journals!

Jack & Ennis Dolls
More than once since the movie arrived in our hearts, I've heard people say they wished they had Jack & Ennis dolls in the manner of a Ken doll. I don't know if they ever had a western themed Ken doll, but on one gay themed internet store they are still selling the Gay Billy doll that came out many moons ago and they also have two more, one named Carlos that have baseball and holiday attire as well.

So, Jack & Ennis dolls don't seem implausible! Why not? I know there have been a few rather poor attempts people have tried to sell on ebay and such, but we don't want poor attempts, do we?

Clothing
It's beyond me why the company that gnash mentions in a previous post, where some of the shirts were acquired from, doesn't come out with those same style shirts (Brokeback Style) for sale.  I might like to create my own closet display or feel the emotions wearing them...or somethin'.

Any more wishlist ideas?  Feel free to brainstorm and post!
(Except for a possible dvd special edition, there's a great thread on that all by itself.)
Link:  http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=12910.0

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »
It came to my notice that CafePress.com has the following, indirectly related but definitely inspired by, BBM related items.

The following pictures are of a baseball jersey style shirt and buttons. The designs are also available on a wide variety of other items like baseball caps and tote bags and mugs etc.

Offline RodneyWY

• AP's Torch Bearer
  • Obsessed
  • "Voice of Brokeback" (named by Jackie Pascarella)
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2006, 10:03:26 PM »
And speaking of BBM apparel, I just let pass a black Stetson, worn by Jake in the Childress Charity dance scene, currently listed on eBay at $617, with 9 days to go. This eBay listing is not related to the upcoming HRC-benefit auction.

One of my acquisitions in recent weeks however was a really fun t-shirt which is still being offered on eBay, Item #170036227428. It has a pretty good size transfer of the Wyoming cowboy with the text BROKEBACK GOT ME GOOD. It's a fairly light-weight blue/grey t-shirt with navy collar, designed by a Brooklyn entrepreneur, who can provide the shirt in any size requested. Check it out--tell her "Rodney sent you."

I have acquired many more items since I first posted my "inventory" list some time back, including autographed photos (some previously unpublished), posters, and yes, more scripts. The most recently purchased item is a 176-page "treatment"-type screenplay, dated 1 February 2003, as compared with the readily available shorter version of that date. I expect to receive it by end of the month. The annotated PDF of "The Big Script" (31 March/7 April 2004 Revisions by James Schamus, 176 pages) is available by request. PM me with your email address, and the PDF will be sent to you. Bear in mind that the file is 7.6 MB, which might exceed the attachment limit of your email server. In that case, I can send "The Big Script" in two segments. This supreme piece of BBM Memorabilia, which contains on the cover page autographs of 16 people and is currently a major source of discussion on the Alternate Scripts thread, is the most complete and latest representation of the writers' work prior to the culling down to the final shooting script.