The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia  (Read 260721 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »
Mid-West Slash Bash Souvenirs

Thanks to forum member Sheera for providing me with the following photos of the contents of the "gift bags" that the attendees received at the Slash Bash in Chicago.

As you can see, besides slash fiction, the attendees are creative in other ways!

Here's a close-up of the postcard contained in the bag--this item was designed by Sheera...

For those of you who don't read fanfic or slash fiction based on the film, remember, many, but not all, of the items in these gift bags were based on stories the members had written...

Offline rickpouch

• Expert
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 02:04:33 AM »
Rodney & Lyle

This past weekend at the HRC national dinner & awards in Washington, several items donated by Focus were part of the Silent Auction including one of Jack's black Stetson's as well as the black leather jacket that he wore (in  the 1978 Benefit for the Childress County Children's Home scene with Randall, LaShawn, Lureen) also a pair of boots. My partner and I were planning to go but business matters kept us here in Chicago. However I'm curious as to who won the bid. I'm also looking forward to the upcoming online bidding which benefits HRC. If there are a lot of items to bid on (which I heard there are),I will be like a baby in a candy shop !!

My partner and I did attend the NYC HRC dinner & awards back in February where a board member of NYC HRC bid on and won the two jackets that Jack and Ennis wore (the green one was Jack's and the beige one was Ennis). They were also donated to HRC by Focus Features. Lyle had asked if I knew who bought them. But I never got around to contacting the person I know at the HRC office. Now I'll have two things to ask him about this week.... who bought the jackets and who bought the items this past weekend

Rich (in Chicago).

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »
Amscram donated this rock to the Slash Bash for a drawing, and I won!
It's from the 'Tent don't look right' location in Alberta.

Here's a close-up of my rock:

And the card that came with it:

Once a virgin, always a virgin

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 03:52:08 AM »
wow i haven't checked this thread in a while, great stuff,,,, i love the slash bash items, the sheep bag is cute... and that pillowcase!!! ...whoever sleeps on that is automatically in a threesome, lol... i love the black slash bash t shirt too!

john, that rock is awesome and goes nicely with the bettermost bean can in the background ;) ;D the yellow card reminds me of a couple of things i'd like to see on my BBM memorabilia wishlist:

the TENT -- in lightweight canvas with real wood poles ON THE OUTSIDE not the center pole like i see they're making them now, and with the ties and stitching like the movie and the little triangle thingie so there's a tail if you kneel just right.  ;)

a HARMONICA -- silvery and gleaming, just like jack had, only engraved on the metal plates -- on top, brokeback mountain; on the bottom; a love that will never grow old. key of G major...... g for gay, ;D

...also i'd like to see brokeback mountain LUNCHBOXES in printed tin with a coordinating thermos (for coffee or beans or soup), but somehow i doubt that will happen. but who knows -- somebody told me they saw KILL BILL lunchboxes for sale on the net.

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  Ang Lee

Offline All4one

• Expert
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »
This may be posted elsewhere, but in case it's not:

http://www.seenon.com/auction/

( auction of BBM items to benefit HRC )
"One's enough"  A.P.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »
If any of our forum members are bidding on, or win one of the HRC  auction items, speak up!  Let us know, so we can share in your joy!

kmich

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 02:38:26 PM »
If any of our forum members are bidding on, or win one of the HRC auction items, speak up! Let us know, so we can share in your joy!

Yes, please do!! I'd love to run a story about it in Saturday's TDS. Please PM me as early as you can on Friday so the happy news can be included for Saturday, if you'd like.

Kathy

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

Could this article be talking about my dress???

http://stylescenes.latimes.com/fashion/2006/01/brokeback_cloth.html

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:33:00 PM by MarkC »

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
I am amazed that i was able to win this shirt. I've had my eye on it since the first day.
Actually, I've loved this shirt since I first saw the movie.
It was one of the first auction items to end today. I had a few other items on my watch list as 'backups'.
The bid was around 750.00 for the last few days and nobody was bidding until this morning. Thanks to a few tips from another forum member, I was ready to snipe it in the last few seconds.
I got it for 1225.00 which seems like a good buy after seeing some of the other shirts selling today. And it comes with a wardrobe tag.
It's quite a strain on my budget, but I've been through worse times.
I will have the shirt on display at the Oscar night screening in Bay City, along with Melissa's treasures that she won today.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2006, 10:43:03 PM »
Here are some good tips for taking care of these costumes. We all need to treat these as museum pieces.

http://www.thehenryford.org/explore/artifacts/textile.asp

melissasjack

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2006, 11:16:38 PM »
OK! Hi folks! So excited but I wanted to share the stuff I won in the auction today!

Lureens rodeo outfit...including shirt, pants, neckercheif, and belt buckle

Ennis's straw cowboy hat, his reunion shirt, and hie some sweet life jacket

I am so so freaking happy , I must have died and gone to heaven. I am now POOR and I dont care cuz its just money and like I said earlier, now I have a piece of FOREVER with me for always.
*dies of happiness*
Um, prices? You could say I sold my soul?  ;D
$1,009.99 for the Rodeo outfit of Lureen's and $3,150.00 for Ennis's outfit.
Ye gods.
But I am thrilled beyond describing!!!!!!!!!!!  Jack & Ennis forever!!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 12:20:54 AM by melissasjack »

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »
OK! Hi folks! So excited but I wanted to share the stuff I won in the auction today!

Lureens rodeo outfit...including shirt, pants, neckercheif, and belt buckle

Ennis's straw cowboy hat, his reunion shirt, and hie some sweet life jacket

I am so so freaking happy , I must have died and gone to heaven. I am now POOR and I dont care cuz its just money and like I said earlier, now I have a piece of FOREVER with me for always.
*dies of happiness*
Um, prices? You could say I sold my soul? ;D
$1,009.99 for the Rodeo outfit of Lureen's and $3,150.00 for Ennis's outfit.
Ye gods.
But I am thrilled beyond describing!!!!!!!!!!! Jack & Ennis forever!!!!

Wow! I am speachless.

MarkC

(I am happy these items went to a BBM forum member)

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2006, 12:30:24 AM »
Here are some good tips for taking care of these costumes. We all need to treat these as museum pieces.

http://www.thehenryford.org/explore/artifacts/textile.asp

Thanks BayCityJohn!

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2006, 03:36:59 AM »
OMG! congrats to all of you on your winning bids!!!!!  that is too cool.

melissa, I LOVE THE JACKET!!!!! it looks so comfy! do you wear it? i mean c'mon! LOL....

too thrilled about all of this........ it's like a little BBM museum right here. dang.  :D :D :D :D :D

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  Ang Lee

Offline Sid401k

• Slash Archivist
  • Obsessed
  • Can't believe I left my damn heart up there...
    • Sid's Place (LJ)
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2006, 04:46:33 AM »
I g o t i t ! ! !
T h e " L o n e s o m e o l e r a n c h "
D r e s s a n d A P R O N ! ! ![/font]

This will be the star--the pice de rsistance--of my apron collection!

Yes, that was ME!!!
I got Lureen's Thanksgiving blouse and NECKLACE!!
[/i][/b]

Oh, I am so going to wear that necklace to work!
If I run it under the collar, it's practically like a bolo tie (without the strings), right?