The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Phone Call  (Read 216637 times)

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
Re: The Phone Call
« Reply #1095 on: February 12, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »
I find it interesting that Jake Gyllenhaal had to read Heath's lines over the phone to Anne Hathaway.  If Heath Ledger were still alive, he probably would still receive questions about Ennis Del Mar.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #1096 on: February 13, 2015, 08:40:05 AM »
I don't know if "questions" is the right word. I bet he would probably still be receiving praise - like Jake.

Jake was asked about Brokeback recently, and he said there are still people who come up to him and tell him how much Brokeback means to them  :)
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #1097 on: February 13, 2015, 09:50:47 AM »
^^^
I'm not surprised. :) But how sweet of him to say.(((((((Jake)))))))
the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #1098 on: February 17, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
I don't know if "questions" is the right word. I bet he would probably still be receiving praise - like Jake.

Jake was asked about Brokeback recently, and he said there are still people who come up to him and tell him how much Brokeback means to them  :)

I think it's possible that people would still ask Heath about what the experience of what it was like playing such a complex character as Ennis Del Mar.  I'm sure that he and Jake would still receive praise for their performances. I imagine that Jake does have people come up to him and tell him how "Brokeback Mountain" got them good.  Jake is a talented actor and he seems like such a great guy in general too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:59:09 PM by B.W. »