The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Poll

What scene on BBM did you like best (other than the tent scenes)

Jack naked in the river washing clothes
16 (2.4%)
Ennis naked by the tent washing himself
38 (5.7%)
Ennis alone in the field on their last day on BBM
86 (13%)
Water-walking Jesus scene
44 (6.6%)
Jack smiles when Ennis talks so much and then dances around
207 (31.3%)
Jack tries to wash the blood off Ennis' face
115 (17.4%)
Ennis looks up from washing dishes and sees Jack far above
86 (13%)
Untangling the sheep and then Ennis telling Jack he might run them off again
41 (6.2%)
Other--post below to tell us
29 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 385

Author Topic: Scenes on Brokeback Mountain  (Read 345022 times)

Offline bookgirl

• Feet Wet
    • My Live Journal
Re: Scene: Scenes on Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
As reported here:

Here's the French site that includes a clip of the reunion scene...

http://www.pathedistribution.com/accueil/videos.php?start=0&IDFilm=610

There are some clips  in French or with subtitles (first one dubbed the second one with subtitles). In the trailer there are some flashes that are unfamiliar to me. An embrace in the tent (Ennis putting his arm around Jack), one of 'em on a bridge (Jack?), Ennis and Jack in a truck (Jack driving). Anyone else? Maybe I need to go see it again ASAP. Can't imagine I've missed these scenes. Would Europe get a different cut?

I hope deleted scened make it on the DVD!

Not to be a pest but anyone else see these out of place scenes in the French trailer? (clip one or two on the link above). Tell me I'm crazy or that I'm right. Pleeeeease! Was this brought up before somewhere? If so, please point me there.

Your not crazy.  The same scenes run on the trailer they show on tv where I live (austin, tx).  I think it's just scenes that for one reason or another were cut from the final film.   It would be nice if they show up on the DVD. 

Offline Jack Nasty

• Obsessed
  • aka: Tim
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »

Your not crazy. The same scenes run on the trailer they show on tv where I live (austin, tx). I think it's just scenes that for one reason or another were cut from the final film. It would be nice if they show up on the DVD.

THANK YOU Bookgirl!  ;D I have never seen the trailer or ad (no cable television). Oh that DVD better have the deleted scenes or the directors cut or there will be hell to pay!  ;)
FUR IS DEAD! for more inFURmation: http://www.infurmation.com/

Offline 909dot

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »
    I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned my personal favorite moment...after they make crazy love in the motel, and are later sitting by the mountain stream, Jack asks Ennis (who is looking up) is there anything new up there in heaven? and Ennis says " Just sending up a prayer of thanks" Jack:" for what"... and anyone else would say "for being here with you, finally after all these years, we are together and Ive never been happier"...but Ennis, in his  sad, self lothing, resorts to a small Joke from years past " for you forgeting that harmonica..." such a bitter sweet moment in there lives...but as usuall, Jack sees through it and says it can be this way always...sigh...this movie slays me...

Todd
"maybe you should get outa there...move someplace different...maybe Texas."

Offline Alex

• Expert
  • Love is a force of nature.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 06:34:11 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:38:43 PM by Alex »
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline bookgirl

• Feet Wet
    • My Live Journal
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »
WOW Alex !!!  You just made my week month !!!!!   The still from the second night in the tent when Jack is holding Ennis' face in this hands and leaning in to kiss him with his mouth open is THE hottest thing I've ever seen!   This is almost too much for a married woman to take.

THANK YOU    THANK YOU   THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »
909dot: I love that line by the fire. I thought about it today. "I'm just sending up a prayer of thanks."

I also love the scene with Ennis sitting by himself and then Jack lassos him. The imagery and symbolism there are great. I touched on before how we see the two of them relate to one another as they would their horses (or language that suggests such characteristics). This is just another example of Jack being gentle with his horse with a low startle point (and still startling him a bit anyway--watch out jack because that particular horse is about to throw you).

Offline lauren

• Obsessed
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

I can't begin to thank you, Alex, for that montage. "I will always love you." Absolutely.

Offline Jack Nasty

• Obsessed
  • aka: Tim
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 07:54:22 AM »

I can't begin to thank you, Alex, for that montage. "I will always love you." Absolutely.

I agree. Lovely! Thanks!  :)
FUR IS DEAD! for more inFURmation: http://www.infurmation.com/

Offline 909dot

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 07:58:41 AM »
909dot: I love that line by the fire. I thought about it today. "I'm just sending up a prayer of thanks."

I also love the scene with Ennis sitting by himself and then Jack lassos him. The imagery and symbolism there are great. I touched on before how we see the two of them relate to one another as they would their horses (or language that suggests such characteristics). This is just another example of Jack being gentle with his horse with a low startle point (and still startling him a bit anyway--watch out jack because that particular horse is about to throw you).
[/quote

Thats one of my favorites too,,, The shot of him on the hill speaks volumes...and the look on Jacks face right before he goes up with the rope...its as if he knows what Ennis is going through...the conflicted emotions...and having to leave "Eden" to early...
"maybe you should get outa there...move someplace different...maybe Texas."

Offline Alex

• Expert
  • Love is a force of nature.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 06:05:01 PM »
 :)  You're very welcome!
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline muse

• Feet Wet
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »
i'm not sure where this comment belongs, but i'll put it here since in basically pertains to the scenes on and before BBM. something i noticed is the fact that jack sports a black cowboy hat, while ennis sports a white/beige cowboy hat. i initially noticed this because i was noting to myself that jake gyllenhaal looked amazing in the black hat. but, i digress. anyway, i liked this ying/yang imagery and i wondered if anyone had any other thoughts on the matter.

"...in a slow-motion, but headlong, irreversible fall."

Offline NYC-lovesbbm

• Experienced
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 10:03:18 PM »
re. the Ying/yang with black vs light colored hats - the clothes they wear also is similar, Jack wears darker/deeper colors and Ennis wears lighter colors.  I read somewhere this matches their personalities also.

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Forum Librarian and buckle bunny
  • Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »
    I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned my personal favorite moment...after they make crazy love in the motel, and are later sitting by the mountain stream, Jack asks Ennis (who is looking up) is there anything new up there in heaven? and Ennis says " Just sending up a prayer of thanks" Jack:" for what"

Todd

I truly love that scene.  AND he's sending up a prayer of thanks to a sky with a full moon!
I do my thing, & you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other - it is beautiful. If not it can't be helped.

Fritz Perls - A Gestalt Prayer

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 07:01:10 AM »
:)  You're very welcome!

Has wdj seen that one yet, Alex????

lol.  I'll warn him and then forward the thread to him.....

Brace yourselves!
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline marius

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 07:44:23 AM »
As reported here:

Here's the French site that includes a clip of the reunion scene...

http://www.pathedistribution.com/accueil/videos.php?start=0&IDFilm=610

There are some clips  in French or with subtitles (first one dubbed the second one with subtitles). In the trailer there are some flashes that are unfamiliar to me. An embrace in the tent (Ennis putting his arm around Jack), one of 'em on a bridge (Jack?), Ennis and Jack in a truck (Jack driving). Anyone else? Maybe I need to go see it again ASAP. Can't imagine I've missed these scenes. Would Europe get a different cut?

I hope deleted scened make it on the DVD!

Not to be a pest but anyone else see these out of place scenes in the French trailer? (clip one or two on the link above). Tell me I'm crazy or that I'm right. Pleeeeease! Was this brought up before somewhere? If so, please point me there.
hi there,
haven't seen the French trailers. However, if you go to the official site www.brokebackmountain.com , you will probably the same trailer.
And indeed, I did see scenes you mention that I did not see in the flim either.
But I think it's quite usual for trailers to show scenes which would eventually be cut for the final version.

marius