The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?  (Read 65572 times)

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
DVD extras and cuts. What do you want to see on a special edition? What would make it worth paying for one?

Offline David G

• Obsessed
Re: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:08:20 PM »
Is there any word that a special DVD may come out?

hifrommike65

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »
How about a virtual reality version of the film where you get to be "Lucky Pierre" with Ennis & Jack?  ("Lucky Pierre" means in the middle of a threesome.)   8)

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:35:54 PM »
I would like to see in a special edition:

Nice slip case with original poster art and well designed packaging throughout (case in point: Magnolia, West Side Story as great examples)

2 disc with lots of background interviews

Running commentary by cast and crew throughout film

Quality printed insert inside slip case; perhaps a mini version of the press kit

DTS sound option

Exact theatrical aspect ratio if it weren't 1.85:1
To err is human, to forgive is canine

Offline garek

• Feet Wet
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »
All the filmed deleted scenes (Jack & Randall at gas-station, hippie scene, all 13 FNIT takes!, etc)  ;D

It would be nice if they had tv spots from as many award shows as possible.

A 'fans' featurette (including something about our ad, etc).

A bonus disc with the complete score.

Price always depends on what's in it.

Offline daannzzz

• Obsessed
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »
I would like to see all the deleted scenes, though not rerstores into the movie just in a special section by themselves, with commentary about why the were not included (though sometimes that is obvious).

I would like to see a couple of different commentary tracks. Perhaps one with Ang and the producers and writers and then another with Ang and the actors.

Daphne and Chloe

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »
A nice full color booklet included with the DVD would be nice.

I like as many interviews as I can get with persons involved in the making of the film.

Scene commentary.

Offline maya

• Expert
    • torchwood-passion, forum francophone sur torchwood
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »
my god, i would love a commentary by Ang Lee.....and Heath and Jake too, but that would be too good to be true !
it would be so interesting what they had to say on what happened on the set, how they filmed this or that ........i would love so much!!!
i hope a special edition will come cause it's a little ( really, i mean...) frustrating here .
http://torchwood-passion.lolbb.com
pour tout amoureux de torchwood, forum francophone crée par Marli

Offline aceygirl

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »
All the filmed deleted scenes (Jack & Randall at gas-station, hippie scene, all 13 FNIT takes!, etc)  ;D

It would be nice if they had tv spots from as many award shows as possible.

A 'fans' featurette (including something about our ad, etc).

A bonus disc with the complete score.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto again! I especially want those FNIT takes. Maybe some bloopers/outtakes from filming, too. With Jake G around there was bound to be some goofy/funny moments!

Offline Katie of Sweden

• Experienced
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »
It's ok if you erase my message cause it moght not fit into the thread...

However, I am very happy with the version that is already out. BBM is a film of which I don't want to see any deleted scenes, because I think it's perfect as it is. And the extra material that is there already is ok.

Katie

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »
It's ok if you erase my message cause it moght not fit into the thread...

However, I am very happy with the version that is already out. BBM is a film of which I don't want to see any deleted scenes, because I think it's perfect as it is. And the extra material that is there already is ok.

Katie

i could have even done without the extra material; it is the finished work that i want to see, to feel. background material takes away from my subjective experience of the story. there are many movies where i like the additional entertainment of background data, mostly Sci-fi movies because i'm a techie and like to see how things are done, but only after i have seen the movie multiple times and imprinted all i want to get out of the original experience on my mind so that background stuff can never take that feeling away from me.

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »
Running commentary is very valuable to the technical aspects of a film and shows us the hard work these actors and movie makers had to do in order to bring us Jack and Ennis.  To me, it would only add and enhance the experience of the final product.  I say, bring it on -- I want everything.  Of course, I also go around sneaking in movie quotes in regular everyday conversations -- you should see the looks I get, lol.

cabin

Offline Seom

• Feet Wet
  • You are to much for me Ennis.
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 12:59:51 AM »
I wouldn't care that much about anything else, but a must when it comes to dvds for me is deleted scenes! If there were to be a special addition, if it had deleted scenes featured on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Brokeback Mountain: the touching story of two cowboys and their ranch hand jobs.

JHL11

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »
"I wouldn't care that much about anything else, but a must when it comes to dvds for me is deleted scenes! If there were to be a special addition, if it had deleted scenes featured on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat."

Me too. For example, a scene I would love to see is the evening of the first day Ennis and Jack meet at Aguirre's trailer. From what I've read at the "Opening Scenes" thread, that scene shows Both Jack and Ennis in Jack's truck. Jack is sleeping, slumped against the truck door while Ennis is wide awake staring out the front window, smoking cigarettes.

That may seem like a "so what" scene, but it may fuel the debate at the "opening scenes" thread about what the initial reaction , if any, Jack and Ennis had towards one an another upon meeting.

I don't want to see ALL the deleted scenes. I take it that , for the most part, they wound up on the cutting room floor for good reason.

Offline Presh

• Virgin
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 02:02:11 PM »
Does anyone know which scenes were cut to make the theatrical version? I noticed those mechanics in the trailer that never appeared in the film.