The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?  (Read 65574 times)

Offline obiphil

• Getting Acquainted
Re: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »
I'm wondering if that scene of the truck with Ennis looking pained isn't coming back dOwn the mountain rather than going up. That would certainly make sense of the look on his face. [btw, to me it looks like Jack is in the middle and a third person is driving.] but I'm headed offtopic here, this should really be discussed in the Scene by Scene thread. Probably already has been. :D

If your mean coming down from Brokeback, which I suppose you do as you say there's a 3rd person, I doubt it very much since in that trailer scene Ennis is dressed in a white shirt. He's in a brown shirt when he and Jack are coming down from Brokeback having lost his white shirt to Jack.

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
If your mean coming down from Brokeback, which I suppose you do as you say there's a 3rd person, I doubt it very much since in that trailer scene Ennis is dressed in a white shirt. He's in a brown shirt when he and Jack are coming down from Brokeback having lost his white shirt to Jack.

I just looked at the trailer; you're right, he's wearing the shirt that later is bloodied and taken by Jack. Has to be on the way up. hm.....

Offline obiphil

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 08:20:17 AM »

I just looked at the trailer; you're right, he's wearing the shirt that later is bloodied and taken by Jack. Has to be on the way up. hm.....

But it can't be while they gonig up Brokeback, either cos Ennis has no reason to be pained then. So by elimination, I think there's a big possibility that it's when they are going up the mountains for the first time AFTER the motel reunion.

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:14 AM »
But it can't be while they gonig up Brokeback, either cos Ennis has no reason to be pained then. So by elimination, I think there's a big possibility that it's when they are going up the mountains for the first time AFTER the motel reunion.

Except that there is a third person driving the truck. Jack isn't driving. That scene bugs the hell outta me.

Offline alfbinet

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 06:26:59 AM »
Directors and actors commentary-with Heath, Jake, Anne. Michelle, etc.

Deleted scenes.

Bloopers reel-someone else mentioned that, I hadn't thought of it but excellent idea!  The film while beautiful can really bring you down.  A bit of levity on the disks would be great.

High Definition Disk of the movie - just bought a HD DVD player and would love to see this get the High Def treatment.  Has anyone heard of one coming out?
Jim

Offline friedrig

• Virgin
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 05:58:58 PM »
A member named Mooska commented that he(she) would be interested in copies of the post cards that were mailed between Ennis and Jack.  I have talked with the BBM Production Company Prop Master.  He tells me that Tom Gregory, the gent that won the eBay bid on the shirts back on 22 February 2006 (sold by VarietyKids) has acquired the post cards through another charitable donation.  So, he (Tom Gregory), I believe has the originals.  Are the originals needed in order to produce "commemorative" type copies or is there another avenue from which they can be made.  Does anyone know about this?

Friedrig

Offline ellye

• Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 04:40:39 PM »
There is this one cut scene I am truly truly yearningx10000 to see in full. I got it from the movie trailer. From what I can gather, it's Jack and Ennis in the truck hding towards the mountains in the morning after their motel reunion. Jack is driving and Ennis next to him. The camera catches Ennis' closing his eyes in a pained way for a brief moment. Oh good heaven, that's so angtsy and heartwrending. Not in a million yrs will I understand why Ang cut it out. It's the only scene that shows how much Ennis is warring with himself as he heads up into the mountains with Jack for the first time. In the edited movie version, we only see an Ennis who simply can't wait to head for the mountains with Jack. He brushes everything and everyone aside like he has no remorse or anything except may be a tiny show of guilt when goodbying Alma. But pained eye closing scene, it tells a very different story. I hope to heaven someday there'll be an unedited version of the movie where the scene is put bk in. BTW, I'd say 20% of the scenes in the trailer are cut scenes. Just make my mouth water so badly. Hope we get to see them all someday.

It's not from the reunion. Apart from anything else Ennis's hat was different 4 years later! No, this is a mystery, this clip. It's bugged me since I saw it 4  months ago! Why does Ennis look so pained, when he closes his eyes? It can't be when he's going up the mountain at the beginning, cos he has no reason to look unhappy at that point.... and it's not when they're going down cos they're wearing different shirts. The first part of their journey down the mountain was with the sheep and we saw the change of shirts. If Acquirre took them up to the spot they got the sheep he probably took them down as well, but in the clip they are wearing the shirts that got bloodied and Jack had Ennis's by the the time they left so it definitely wasn't from then.
So frustrating not knowing what it IS from!

Offline divina

• Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »
I'd really like to see deleted scenes that were cut out to shorten the film time length reinserted. Additional deleted scenes could also be put in the extras.

I'd also like to see anything that was cut from the lovescenes either put back in the film or provided as extras.

It would be interesting if the Taiwanese documentary could be included. This is by far the best documentary I've seen so far and it would be great to have it on the DVD. Here's the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDHNqh02tc&search=brokeback%20documentary. .

Commentary with Ang, Heath and Jake discussing filming and acting.

Discussion of the impact of Brokeback Mountain on society and individual lives.

Trailer and music video.

p.s. it would also be great if the microphone cord seen on alma jr could be digitally covered up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:06:37 PM by velvet »
The meeting of our flesh like hands come together to pray ~ B73

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 02:58:16 PM »
A member named Mooska commented that he(she) would be interested in copies of the post cards that were mailed between Ennis and Jack.  I have talked with the BBM Production Company Prop Master.  He tells me that Tom Gregory, the gent that won the eBay bid on the shirts back in February 2006 (sold by VarietyKids) has acquired the post cards through another charitable donation.  So, he (Tom Gregory), I believe has the originals.  Are the originals needed in order to produce "commemorative" type copies or is there another avenue from which they can be made.  Does anyone know about this?

Friedrig

Friedrig,
Focus Features owns all rights to the "film", so I'm sure the commemorative postcard idea could be accomplished with or without the originals.  There's enough photographs of them (not including the film itself) so that it could be done.  I hope they will!

ANOTHER EXTRA
IDEA:

On some tv series dvd's (such as Seinfeld) and on some films (such as Back to the Future), they
have an option that you can play "notes about the film" as you are watching.  I've always liked watching something like that and would enjoy it on Brokeback Mountain as well.  Most of the time the "notes" will revolve around an interesting fact--for example, when Jack drives his truck into Aguirre's lot it could say "Jack's truck sold in an ebay auction for $60,000."  Things like that.  Info about costumes or locations or an interesting story.  It's like commentary, but the "reading" kind.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:05:38 PM by Mooska »

Offline Hotoddy

• Experienced
  • Ennis! Quit your hammerin' and get over here.
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »
No Bloopers!
1/20/09 - the end of an error

Offline divina

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 12:25:49 AM »
The meeting of our flesh like hands come together to pray ~ B73

Offline djbdc9

• Obsessed

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »
and a fourth for no bloopers from me.

Offline dsmom

• lynxkitten
  • Obsessed
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 12:17:47 PM »
Hey ya'll can just skip them bloopers...I want to see everything I can get my hands on...
There is the light and the dark and all things that live have the power to choose...

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2006, 04:01:36 PM »
Bloopers:

I have a divided opinion on bloopers.

There were so many jokes and skits and laughter made of Brokeback Mountain from so many places that I'm not sure I want to see it from the participants themselves.  (In context, I know, but still.)

On the other hand I would watch them and seem to want to see anything related to the film.

So, I'm in the middle--maybe.