The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?  (Read 67464 times)

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
Re: DVD extras; cuts. What do you want? What would you pay for?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »
No Bloopers! 
I agree, sort of
True bloopers no but I would be interested in seeing scenes where they decided to change how they filmed it a bit, to get an idea of the one they rejected in favor of the one they included

But scenes of Jake struggling to keep a straight face  in the Mexico scene as he approached Rodrigo, nah.
never enough time, never enough....

Some fictional characters are less fictional than others

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:23 PM »
I just learned from the "French speaking" thread that a new issue of BBM DVD is scheduled to be available on July 17th
It will contain photos, a book and a limited edition of the soundtrack.

Having not read through all the posts on this thread it's probable that I'm the last to know this, but hey! why not share my enthusiasm. :) This certainly means that there is something similar in the works for North America!

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline divina

• Obsessed
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »
I just learned from the "French speaking" thread that a new issue of BBM DVD is scheduled to be available on July 17th
It will contain photos, a book and a limited edition of the soundtrack.

Having not read through all the posts on this thread it's probable that I'm the last to know this, but hey! why not share my enthusiasm. :) This certainly means that there is something similar in the works for North America!

Thanks for posting this. I'd be interested to know what additional material will be on the dvd.
The meeting of our flesh like hands come together to pray ~ B73

Offline john john

• Obsessed
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »
It says it will contain 2DVDs the short story, a limited edition of the soundtrack, photos and., get this, an actual piece of the film!!
It will be available the 19th of July (in France of course)

DVD 1:
• The film
• Gallery of photos
• The trailers
DVD 2:
• Same added features we have already +The Making Of (20 min)

This means there's something in the works for North America for sure!

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/dvd/B000FGG7H4/tech-info/403-0027833-4587614

Offline divina

• Obsessed
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
It says it will contain 2DVDs the short story, a limited edition of the soundtrack, photos and., get this, an actual piece of the film!!
It will be available the 19th of July (in France of course)

DVD 1:
• The film
• Gallery of photos
• The trailers
DVD 2:
• Same added features we have already +The Making Of (20 min)

This means there's something in the works for North America for sure!

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/dvd/B000FGG7H4/tech-info/403-0027833-4587614

Thanks for the info! This sounds great. Now all we need are deleted scenes and commentary  ;D
The meeting of our flesh like hands come together to pray ~ B73

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 01:42:48 PM »
Thanks for the info! This sounds great. Now all we need are deleted scenes and commentary  ;D

...and reproductions of the postcards...

Offline David G

• Obsessed
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 05:59:49 PM »
...and reproductions of the postcards...

I made my own.

I took a still from the last scene, cropped the picture, did some adjusting here and there and printed it out.

It's hanging on a closet door, slightly askew.

I also did El Capitain.

Offline azmountainman

• Experienced
  • David
    • My slightly outdated website
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »
Commentary by cast, crew, screenwriters and director. The last 2 as to why they strayed from the short story in some parts. I know why they added content and fleshed out the female characters but not why some of the male interaction was deleted. I would also like to see deleted scenes. I have read that they are at work on a High Definition version and that would certainly be a high selling point for the scenery for the general public and the FNIT & SNIT for the rest of us! ;)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »
I would like the cover of the special edition to say something
to the effect of, with the correct #:

WINNER OF 25 BEST PICTURE AWARDS

Also:
Member name "kiwibee" posted the following on the Awards Aftermath Thread:

Hi all, I found out that Taiwan version of BBM has a "special edition". Check out this link : http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-w/section-videos/pid-1004340717/
The special edition comes with a denim boxset, BBM postcards [not the ones as portrayed in the film] and the original novel [in Chinese language]. I bet some of you guys will try to get this special edition...

Offline ConstantReader

• Experienced
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 08:46:45 PM »
I hate to bring all you BBMers down but it's time for a reality check.

It takes a lot of time and a lot of money for highly-paid movie professionals like actors and directors to produce commentary for special editions of a movie.  It can be done if (1) it was done during the shooting (and considering the budget, it wasn't) and (2) there's a market for it and, frankly, this is not a multi-100-million dollar movie that's worth the effort -- not my opinion! -- but we're doing a reality check.  It ain't gonna happen...

Some of you seem to want "scenes" from the movie which are, in fact, nothing more than publicity shots taken during the filming.  It ain't gonna happen...

Some of you seem to want every version of a particular scene that was ever filmed.   Others are realistic.  Do any of you want to see 5 versions, say, of Jack laughing in the middle of the SNIT?  Again, it ain't gonna happen...

We are, what, 3000?   Let's say we would pay $50 for a really great 2-DVD set.  That's $150,000 and that, frankly, isn't going to buy shit when an individual "talent" can demand that much per day.

I believe that Brokeback Mountain will eventually be acknowledged as one of the great masterpieces of the American movie industry.  But it must stand as it was released.  Faults and all...

Offline john john

• Obsessed
Re: Photo on ebay: "DELETED SCENE ENNIS PREPARES TO..."
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 03:09:11 PM »
Anyone know where in the movie this scene would have fit?

"DELETED SCENE ENNIS PREPARES TO CASTRATE COW"

http://i1.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/7c/fd/e1_1.JPG

Just before he first met Cassie?

Offline sarah

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »
Right, because when she asked "What do you do, Ennis Del Mar?"  he said that that morning he had been castrating calves, and she wrinkled up her nose.
There ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »
I hate to bring all you BBMers down but it's time for a reality check.

"Come on, Constant Reader, you just shot my airplane out a the sky--give me somethin a go on.
This ain't no little thing that's happenin here."

Seriously--C.R., this thread asks us "what we want on a special edition dvd".
That doesn't mean we will get it, but that doesn't mean we don't want it.

Offline Lance

• Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »
Speaking of reality check, has anyone ever tried to castrate a cow? A bull, sure that can be done [though not by me]; but a cow?

---------------------

DVD extras for Brokeback Mountain? I don't want any scenes or any extra video material. A can of the movie beans, maybe? Some Old Rose whiskey. mmm... you bet.
May the bridges I burn light the way forward.

Offline stan

• Feet Wet
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »
Hello. An online article of the Licensing Show 2006 (http://www.playthings.com/article/CA6344835.html) has the following news on forthcoming products with BBM theme.

"Meanwhile, images from last year’s acclaimed Brokeback Mountain will be depicted on posters, calendars and postcards by Aquarius Entertainment Merchandising, and on pillows and blankets by JP Imports."

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I think some of you may be interested to know this.