The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Most Anticipated Next Film  (Read 423859 times)

Offline stormy

• Getting Acquainted
Re: Most Anticipated Next Film
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2006, 12:03:36 PM »
I'm looking forward to Ask The Dust with Colin.   

Loved him in A Home At The End Of The World too.   

Offline pylon101

• Experienced
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »
It doesn't make much sense if we discuss our likes and dislikes.

I consider Tom Cruise hardly an actor. But I believe most people disagree.

So we shouldn't waste time on things we have zero chance to agree upon, should we?

As to Colin Farrell he is an Irish. He is passionate, emotional, neurotic a little bit. As a Russian, who are mostly reserved, I just like this type.

To be honest I never noticed Heath Ledger until BBM.

I recently reviewed "Sin Eater". Wow!  - Ledger in leading role! And I immediately found his acting great. Now, after BBM.

When I watched this movie for the first time I had no idea who Ledger was: just another handsome/cute lounger actor.

I think it makes sense to discuss movies somehow related to GLBT in this threat. Otherwise I don't see any point.
Nick
Moscow, Russia /
Alexandria, VA

Offline Pug

• Jack n Ennis 4 Ever
  • Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »
I loved A Home at the End of the World .

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Hated it. Saw it a few evenings ago and it was the first film I got my ass up and walked out of in years.
To err is human, to forgive is canine

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »
I think it makes sense to discuss movies somehow related to GLBT in this threat. Otherwise I don't see any point.

We actually have a thread for queer cinema. This is more of a film buff's thread for those who want to talk about upcoming films. A BBM site is a good place to find film buffs! Plus, over 35% of our membership is straight.

Marie Antoinette. I look forward to this one. I really like Sophia Coppola's work.

Offline atomicscott

• Experienced
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
If you haven't done so already, see Transamerica. Felicity Huffman is wonderful in the role as a man who discovers he has a son one week before his scheduled sex-change operation. That begins a road trip that challenges and changes both of their lives. I think that Huffman deserves the Best Actress nod for this performance.
May your sweet dreams come true.

Offline Supergirl

• Feet Wet
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
I'm in the UK and am desperately waiting for the release of 'Rent' at the movies. i loved the musical the first time I saw in in 98 and have devoured clips and trailers on the internet.
 I just hope it lives up to the amazing stage show.
...but there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2006, 03:06:59 PM »
Somehow I forgot about Robert Altman's new film - Prairie Home Companion I love Garrison Keillor and Meryl Streep though I have to say I did cringe a bit when I heard Lindsay Lohan was also going to be in it.

It is supposed to debut at a film fest in Texas soon I think
never enough time, never enough....

Some fictional characters are less fictional than others

Offline Poohbunn

• Obsessed
  • Freedom ain't free.
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2006, 03:37:57 PM »
I'm looking forward to Zodiac, which stars Jake.  Not only for that reason, of course, but I remember those murders like it was yesterday. Unsolved crime stories always get my interest.

The next movie I watch will be Jarhead.   I have a lot of veterans in my family, and a son in the military.  I know it will mean something to me.
Not all who wander are lost.
JRR Tolkien

Offline andrewLosAng2407

• Feet Wet
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2006, 04:23:02 PM »
 Hey guys....

Film buff here too...and i had the chance to see an early advance screening of Running with Scissors based a book by Augusten Burroughs.

It stars Annette Bening and is directed by Ryan Murphy (Nip/Tuck creator).

I got to say Annette's performance is great, she will surely get nominated for an Oscar later this year. By the way the movie comes out Sept. 22,2006 around the same time Jakes movie comes out. I do believe they changed the title from Zodiac to Chronicles again? but not sure...

Off to get my copy of Jarhead..with the special " army/dog tag" only at best buy ;D

Cheers!!!!!!!

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2006, 09:00:29 PM »
Here's a suggestion for a very subtle gay movie that's very touching.  Red Dirt.  I loved it.  It's a few years old and on DVD.  Walter Goggins is in it - and plays his part very well I might add.  If you like underlying themes about men loving men...watch it.
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

cyoung

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2006, 09:17:16 PM »
Gang, you've got to watch this clip from The Libertine, Johnny Depp's new movie that just opened in theatres today! Whoa Johnny! <delightful shudder> He's brilliant!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thelibertine.html;_ylt=ApA2geFYNU.0kkvNnjf58QVfVXcA

Cara

Offline sydney

• We'll Always Have Brokeback
  • Obsessed
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2006, 11:53:10 PM »
[
quote author=mary link=topic=141.msg74784#msg74784 date=1141596419]
Somehow I forgot about Robert Altman's new film - Prairie Home Companion I love Garrison Keillor and Meryl Streep though I have to say I did cringe a bit when I heard Lindsay Lohan was also going to be in it.

It is supposed to debut at a film fest in Texas soon I think

I'm a big fan of Altman...Short Cuts and Nashville being my favs. Love listening to Garrison Keillor on Prarie, so will be interesting to see how Altman interprets it. **you're right about Lindsey, who the hell wants to see her !
I told you when I met you I was crazy.
Joni Mitchell

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2006, 11:51:02 PM »
I've been wondering for some time how Altman was going to make Garrison Keilor's A Prarie Home Companion into a fillum, or if it would work.

It just debuted at SxSW, and it sounds interesting. And Salon's Andrew O'Hehir likes it:

http://salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2006/03/12/prairie/

Casper

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 09:56:27 AM »
My most anticipated next film is one that is in the works -- "The Dreyfus Affair: A Love Story."  This forthcoming movie has no cowboys falling in love but you will see two major league baseball players who do and have to go public with it because of a scandal inside a dressing room at a Neiman-Marcus department store. The author, Peter Lefcourt , has been hired to write the screenplay.

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2006, 11:05:18 AM »
Gang, you've got to watch this clip from The Libertine, Johnny Depp's new movie that just opened in theatres today! Whoa Johnny! <delightful shudder> He's brilliant!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thelibertine.html;_ylt=ApA2geFYNU.0kkvNnjf58QVfVXcA

Cara

My friend already bought her ticket to go see that on Wednesday, I can hardly wait to hear all about it.  I aslo really want to see Failure to Launch!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427229/

FUNGURL