The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: THE ULTIMATE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN GUIDE -- Redesigned & Updated Nightly  (Read 41058 times)

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
Re: THE ULTIMATE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN GUIDE -- Redesigned & Updated Nightly
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2006, 09:05:53 PM »
Since I can find no way on this site to post a new topic, I am proposing a question:  why do you think no clothing marketer (such as International Male) has tried to recreate the shirts and market them to gay couples?

Oh, they did not actually "recreate the shirts" at International Male [IM]; but, they are "cashing in on the BbM craze" with the western trailer shirts and the "Del Mar Belt" with the turquoise in the belt buckle.

But, if you look at what the guys wore up on Brokeback and what Ennis wore throughout the movie, you will find clothing which looks very similar to that in the latest IM catalog. And, you can see what's in the catalog online, too. http://www.internationalmale.com
OK - way cool :)

Offline YOU GOTTA STAND IT

• Feet Wet
I've got an answer for you guys crazy about the shirts worn in Brokeback. I found out WHERE they came from - go to www.rockmount.com  ROCKMOUNT out of Denver Colorado is where I've purchased several shirts, two virtually identical to what was worn in the film. They are almost always 'out of stock' on most styles, but they come back into stock sometimes within a year. Shirts run around $60-70 (US) and are worth it! It's a very small business, but the customers are LOYAL. You can also call them 800-7rockmo      Let me know what you guys find. They won'd admit on the phone (probably) that their shirts were in the film, but they were.