The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Opening Scenes  (Read 196920 times)

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
Re: Opening Scenes
« Reply #870 on: July 07, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
 :D
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #871 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:17 AM »
I don't think what I said was cheesy.  Jack was checking Ennis out.  He's clearly looking at him in the sideview mirror. Slick cowboy, real slick.  I wonder what Heath was thinking when he first saw that scene. Hell, who wouldn't want to check Ennis or Jack out.  Heath and Jake are cute in real life. Jake is hot as hell.  Heath was hot. They are both hot. You'd have to be crazy not to love Jack because he acts like he's a badass.  He is a badass and just so freaking cute. He just has that loveable persona. Jake is quite a sweetheart in real life from what I have seen.  I'd love to meet him.  I'd love to meet Beyonce too.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #872 on: July 07, 2013, 02:09:06 AM »
I didn't think what you said is cheesy. And I totally agree on the "Jake is hot as hell" bit!  ;)

See you on "Eyelashes" soon?  :D
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #873 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:35 AM »
Maybe someday I'll post on Jake's sexy eyelashes.   ;)

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #874 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
I think that opening sequence with the mountains in the distance is just breathtaking and the opening musical score practically transports you into the scene. It is just all so fitting.

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #875 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
And since it's Easter, it's worth remembering the three (or is it four?) electricity/telephone poles resembling crosses, a nod (presumably) to the religious elements in the story. Right at the very start of the film, even before the protagonists appear, there's that symbol of Jack dying because of Ennis. In the SS much of that foreshadowing is in the scene with Aguirre in the trailer.