The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Fashion Thread  (Read 161945 times)

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
Re: The Fashion Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »
Regarding Prada's men's shirts, I find it nearly impossible to find a size comparable to 15" neck 32/33 sleeve. I wish there would be more of a selection for guys who wear small and medium sizes.
I'm surprised, the last time I went salivating around the Prada stuff everything seemed undersized. But that was last year...

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
i'm not sure if they use the same sizes all over the planet. a friend of mine worked for prada so i was there rather often and i also found that there were lots of small sizes. but since most manufacturers nowadays have larger sizes for the US (even the numbers are different, an american 36 in woman's wear is a lot larger than a european 36), mazbe they kind of ''overdid'' it so that there are no small sizes any more ?
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Casper

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »
I like St. Croix sweaters.  I just ordered one for my brother on-line for Christmas.  St. Croix makes trendy, bold sweaters with lots of color.

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 03:17:45 PM »
Well dressed men.  Well, Jake certainly comes to mind.  I totally agree about George Clooney though.  Very classy.

As far as style, I'm a Levis, T-Shirt or Sweater, you know the ones where the hems look all stretched out, and flip flops, wool clogs or black flat boots.  I'm an extremely simple dresser.  Oh, and for jewelry, my diamond studs and wedding ring are pretty much all I wear.

As far as a general rule, I like Calvin Klein's stuff, for men and women.

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 03:18:49 PM »
P.S.  Martina; I'm wading through scads and scads of sites for the dress I'm looking for.  I found one in Macy's I'm considering, but I'm going to keep on looking til one screams my name!

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »
Geoffrey Beene -  I have a couple of his satin shirts. 

I just bought one for my husband this month, he wore it on the weekend and got alot of compliments on it.

HEY this looks like a fun post!  :)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:06:19 PM by Lola »

FUNGURL

Casper

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 05:51:40 PM »
Geoffrey Beene -  I have a couple of his satin shirts. 

I just bought one for my husband this month, he wore it on the weekend and got alot of compliments on it.

I can testify, Lola, about a Geoffrey Beene shirt getting attention.  It was a red satin Geoffrey Beene shirt that I wore at the night of the Madonna concert in Las Vegas.  I waved at Madonna and she waved back to me.  Madonna must have noticed my beautiful Geoffrey Beene shirt.  :D

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 06:13:13 PM »
WOW I bet you looked great.  His is a beautiful shade of blue, very bright and it really did turn some heads!   I think I will actually go back and get him another one, see what other colours they have.  I am going to be in that store tomorrow.  Red would be awesome for the holidays!

FUNGURL

Casper

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 06:17:11 PM »
WOW I bet you looked great.  His is a beautiful shade of blue, very bright and it really did turn some heads!   I think I will actually go back and get him another one, see what other colours they have.  I am going to be in that store tomorrow.  Red would be awesome for the holidays!

Lola, red is the perfect colour for the Holidays.  Happy shopping!  :)  I know you will find that perfect shirt for your husband.

Casper

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
Question:  I see teeth-whitening strips advertised frequently.  Are there any brands that stand out from the rest?  Do these strips actually do the job?

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
There's a Crest one that you can only get at your dentist's office. I know because I asked him about getting my teeth done professionally and he recommended it.  Not that he's getting a kickback or anything... ;)  Seriously, I trust him, so it's probably true.

Casper

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »
There's a Crest one that you can only get at your dentist's office. I know because I asked him about getting my teeth done professionally and he recommended it.  Not that he's getting a kickback or anything... ;)  Seriously, I trust him, so it's probably true.

That's good to know, annabel.  :)

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 07:23:21 PM »
Casper,

most whitening strips and whitening brush-on gels contain carbomide peroxide.  One isn't more effective than others per se but there are some that are easier to use and are less messy than others.  I have tried the Crest whitestrips - I found them nasty and slimy and I couldn't tell which side was supposed to go against my teeth.  The brush on gels are blech.  I don't recommend them at all.

I don't have a glowing review for any of them unfortunately. :p
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Casper

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »
Casper,

most whitening strips and whitening brush-on gels contain carbomide peroxide.  One isn't more effective than others per se but there are some that are easier to use and are less messy than others.  I have tried the Crest whitestrips - I found them nasty and slimy and I couldn't tell which side was supposed to go against my teeth.  The brush on gels are blech.  I don't recommend them at all.

I don't have a glowing review for any of them unfortunately. :p

That's good to know, Heidi.  :)

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 07:47:44 PM »
Wait, Heidi, no feh?  I love when you say that!