The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Fashion Thread  (Read 158816 times)

Casper

Re: The Fashion Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
Question for the Gals:

Do you find earrings on guys, sexy?

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 08:24:51 PM »
Yes, and I like when both ears are done!  I find that sexier than one pierced. 

Offline Laurentia

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »
Question for the Gals:

Hmm...generally, no. Maybe on the right person, but not in general. I think I have a little phobia for piercings, and it extends to earrings because they imply that a hole has been punched in a part of the body. Once when I was five, my mum came home from town with a pair of clip-on earrings and I went hysterical because I thought she'd had her earlobes pierced  :D

I know a really, really nice and sweet guy who works with tattooing and stuff, and he's pierced and tattooed and ornamental-scarred all over. I love him to bits, but his appearance makes me cringe...
http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking - unit conversions for the kitchen!

Offline Laurentia

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 12:28:43 AM »
As far as style, I'm a Levis, T-Shirt or Sweater, you know the ones where the hems look all stretched out, and flip flops, wool clogs or black flat boots.  I'm an extremely simple dresser. 

You and me both, annabel!  :)  I prefer sneakers to clogs and flip flops, though, as they stay on my feet when I'm tearing down the street to catch the bus.
http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking - unit conversions for the kitchen!

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2006, 01:28:54 AM »

thanks lola ! i LOVE JLo's style, especially in the last 3 years (since she is marc jacob's darling ;)). very female and very elegant. 
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 01:30:48 AM »
Question:  I see teeth-whitening strips advertised frequently.  Are there any brands that stand out from the rest?  Do these strips actually do the job?

the ones we have here in austria work very well. it is just important to not use them more often than recommended for they can ruin your teeth, the beeching stuff is agressive on the teeth. and one should have a professional cleaning (with laser and such) once a year at the dentist's.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 01:32:23 AM »
Question for the Gals:

for me, it depends very much on the general type of man, so i can't say yes or no.

for example: david beckham's earring is very sexy to me (as the whole man is) while kevin federlines mega-diamonds are just ridiculous.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 01:48:05 AM »
As far as style, I'm a Levis, T-Shirt or Sweater, you know the ones where the hems look all stretched out, and flip flops, wool clogs or black flat boots.  I'm an extremely simple dresser. 

You and me both, annabel!  :)  I prefer sneakers to clogs and flip flops, though, as they stay on my feet when I'm tearing down the street to catch the bus.

wanna hear a very embarrassing story ?
i usually wear heals to work, for various reasons. i'm rather small and look young, in a world full of men around i have to have strategies to get my ideas through. professional exterior helps a lot. my only problem: i'm constantly in motion, jumping and running. and i run after public transport. one day as i'm approaching the tube, i hear it approaching which means - run !!! so i'm running down the escalator, with my heels and suit and handbag....and at the last stair, my heel gets caught and i kind of lounge onto the platform headfirst. very emberrassing, i had a full rushhour audience  :-\. i'm sooo lucky that i neither injured myself nor ruined any of my clothing. but i missed the tube.  >:(

Casper

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 06:04:36 AM »
Question:  I see teeth-whitening strips advertised frequently.  Are there any brands that stand out from the rest?  Do these strips actually do the job?

the ones we have here in austria work very well. it is just important to not use them more often than recommended for they can ruin your teeth, the beeching stuff is agressive on the teeth. and one should have a professional cleaning (with laser and such) once a year at the dentist's.

Martina, thank you for the warning how overuse can cause damaging effects.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »

Martina, thank you for the warning how overuse can cause damaging effects.

you won't believe how easily one can ruin teeth....a friend of mine was so afraid of yellowing teeth that she brushed her teeth 3 times a day, each time for ages and minutes. she brushed so hard that she was litterally brushing away enamel of her teeth. it hurt like hell and it took quite a while till it grew back. a good thing to get her used to not brushing with too much force was introducing an electrical brush because this one stops when pressed on a surface with too much force.

Casper

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 06:14:53 AM »
Martina, I have always wondered about how effective repeated brushings on your teeth can be?  Well, you just answered my question about your friend's experience.  Wow!  I did not realize the dangers of extensive harsh brushings.  Now, I know.  Yes, we certainly do not want to ruin the enamel on our teeth.

Casper

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2006, 06:48:29 AM »
I want to elaborate on something in the fashion world on what a guy likes to see a lady dressed when going out to an expensive restaurant or an important social event. 

Do you remember how Julia Roberts dressed in "Pretty Woman" when she purchased the high-class fashion clothes on Rodeo Drive?  She wore the hat and gloves and her outfit was perfect.  She looked like a million bucks! Something like that makes a guy feel so proud inside.  Good fashion will never go out of style. 

Of course, guys can't be hypocritical.  The guy has to dress in a nice suit, be well-groomed, wear an expensive cologne (not Old Spice), and treat the lady like a lady by holding the car door open for her, making sure she is seated first, and placing her order for her at the restaurant.  :)

Offline annabel

• Obsessed
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2006, 07:05:14 AM »
Martina, in the states, at least in the northeast, women carry their heels in some kind of pack and wear their sneakers to and from work.  It doesn't look so great, but I'll be they don't take any headers down the stairs :D

Laurentia, a really common thing here regarding flip flops:  It's mid November and we wear them with jeans and sweaters!  New Englanders are a little strange sometimes.

Offline Laurentia

• Expert
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »
The guy has to dress in a nice suit, be well-groomed, wear an expensive cologne (not Old Spice), and treat the lady like a lady by holding the car door open for her, making sure she is seated first, and placing her order for her at the restaurant.  :)

We're all different, of course, but I'd be very uncomfortable being treated like that!  :)  I'm happiest when I'm treated like an equal by the person I'm with.

annabel, flip-flops in November? It must be a good deal warmer in New England than here, or you people are just not as soft as us Swedes  :D

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
Julia and Richard made a pretty styling couple in Pretty Women, that is for sure!   Come to think of it so do J-Lo and Mark Anthony!  :o   And Demi and Ashton.

And I do like earrings on men, diamond studs.   I also think a really nice watch looks sexy on a man.

As for clean teeth my dentist does a baking soda blast, they do it in the office after a cleaning, it is quite refreshing and keeps the teeth nice and white.  ;D

FUNGURL