The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Fashion Thread  (Read 163209 times)

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
Re: The Fashion Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 07:29:01 AM »
As for clean teeth my dentist does a baking soda blast, they do it in the office after a cleaning, it is quite refreshing and keeps the teeth nice and white.  ;D

I brush my teeth with baking soda at least twice a week. Very effective.

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 08:26:26 AM »
Question for the Gals:

Do you find earrings on guys, sexy?

for me, it depends very much on the general type of man, so i can't say yes or no.

for example: david beckham's earring is very sexy to me (as the whole man is) while kevin federlines mega-diamonds are just ridiculous.

Sorry to nest the quotes - but have you ever heard David Beckham speak!?!

I thought he was uber-sexy until the squeeky high-pitched and nasal Cockney accent spilled out of him!  omg.   not sexy.
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2006, 08:37:41 AM »
I want to elaborate on something in the fashion world on what a guy likes to see a lady dressed when going out to an expensive restaurant or an important social event. 

Do you remember how Julia Roberts dressed in "Pretty Woman" when she purchased the high-class fashion clothes on Rodeo Drive?  She wore the hat and gloves and her outfit was perfect.  She looked like a million bucks! Something like that makes a guy feel so proud inside.  Good fashion will never go out of style. 

Of course, guys can't be hypocritical.  The guy has to dress in a nice suit, be well-groomed, wear an expensive cologne (not Old Spice), and treat the lady like a lady by holding the car door open for her, making sure she is seated first, and placing her order for her at the restaurant.  :)

Yes and no, Casper.  Cologne doesn't have to be expensive - Issey Miyake is a very popular men's cologne as are Polo Black and Burberry...but if one doesn't care for the scent - it doesn't matter how expensive the cologne is.  Old Spice is one of my favorite scents on a man.  It is not too overpowering and it does not smell "fake", yet it is automatically classified as "cheap." :(  Elegance and charm does not come from dress nor cologne - it comes from within.

And yes, there can be no hypocrisy for the man!  If she's dressed to the nines, he has to be as well.  And I'm all for opening the door and pulling out the chair and assisting on/off with the coat.  But I don't need a man to tell me what to eat. ;)  Although neither do I expect him to pay for everything all the time. 

There is also a set of rules to coquette!  Sitting just so, applying lipstick in a certain manner, accepting a light for your cigarette - all have rules and etiquette.  If you are not familiar with any of this tete-a-tete, then you come off as crass.  One must also be fully versed in innuendo and double-entendre, as a lady would never speak in rough language or crude terms. 

Casper, you are definitely a throwback to another era.  ;)  ANd I mean that in a good way.
"And when he shall die,

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2006, 08:38:25 AM »
Question for the Gals:

Do you find earrings on guys, sexy?

for me, it depends very much on the general type of man, so i can't say yes or no.

for example: david beckham's earring is very sexy to me (as the whole man is) while kevin federlines mega-diamonds are just ridiculous.

Sorry to nest the quotes - but have you ever heard David Beckham speak!?!

I thought he was uber-sexy until the squeeky high-pitched and nasal Cockney accent spilled out of him!  omg.   not sexy.

hmm...is he supposed to speak while i have my way with him ?  ;D ;D
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2006, 08:39:12 AM »

lol!  only if you want him to - it's your fantasy!  ;)

"And when he shall die,

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 08:48:44 AM »

lol!  only if you want him to - it's your fantasy!  ;)

bwahahaha...i guess fanatsy is the best thing about this guy. i mean, i have heard him talking. and victoria as well. those two deserve each other  :D
no, i don't think i would like to have an intellectual discussion with either of them. but he has a nice body. example ?

i like him better WITH hair, though:

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
Yes and no, Casper.  Cologne doesn't have to be expensive - Issey Miyake is a very popular men's cologne as are Polo Black and Burberry...but if one doesn't care for the scent - it doesn't matter how expensive the cologne is.  Old Spice is one of my favorite scents on a man.  It is not too overpowering and it does not smell "fake", yet it is automatically classified as "cheap." :(  Elegance and charm does not come from dress nor cologne - it comes from within.

And yes, there can be no hypocrisy for the man!  If she's dressed to the nines, he has to be as well.  And I'm all for opening the door and pulling out the chair and assisting on/off with the coat.  But I don't need a man to tell me what to eat. ;)  Although neither do I expect him to pay for everything all the time. 

There is also a set of rules to coquette!  Sitting just so, applying lipstick in a certain manner, accepting a light for your cigarette - all have rules and etiquette.  If you are not familiar with any of this tete-a-tete, then you come off as crass.  One must also be fully versed in innuendo and double-entendre, as a lady would never speak in rough language or crude terms. 

Casper, you are definitely a throwback to another era.  ;)  ANd I mean that in a good way.

Old Spice actually makes me think of my Dad, I don't dislike the cologne, but there are alot of colognes I like better.   My husband wears  Hugo Boss and my boys wear Kenneth Cole.  It is a matter of choice, but some people prefer the expensive ones.   I sat next to a stranger on the weekend, who I swear bathed in a bottle of Brute, not nice.  :P

My husband has never been anything but a perfect gentleman our whole marriage, that is one of the secrets to a long and happy marriage.  Personality makes the man (a kind and loving heart, a sense of humour)  but clothes sure as heck help. ;D   There is nothing worse than a man (or women) dressed like a slob, especially when the occassion calls for the direct opposite.

My husband has never lit my cigarrette, I have never smoked.  No matter how you cut it you can't make smoking look glamerous, to me it looks disgusting. 

As for David, yea he is gorgeous, and knows how to dress that is for sure. I have never heard him speak, I hear he has a squeeky voice - but who cares! lol

FUNGURL

Casper

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »
My husband has never been anything but a perfect gentleman our whole marriage, that is one of the secrets to a long and happy marriage.  Personality makes the man (a kind and loving heart, a sense of humour)  but clothes sure as heck help. ;D   There is nothing worse than a man (or women) dressed like a slob, especially when the occassion calls for the direct opposite.

True!  There is nothing worse than a man or woman dressed like a slob.  There is only one day for that - Halloween.  Although many people want that celebration the rest of the 364 days of the year. 

Clothes do help.  When you wear brand names, you go up the corporate ladder.  Do you think a company wants to send someone out to obtain new clients when their Rep is dressed with clothes from the Dollar Store?  I've always adhered to this philosophy concerning the way one dresses:

The elevator goes up :) and the elevator goes down  :-[

Casper

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:39 AM »
Question:  Do you think it is appropriate for someone to wear shorts to Church?

Personally, I don't.  However, with living in Phoenix and our very hot Summers, a great many people attending Church do wear shorts.  Churches have issued bulletins equating the wearing of shorts as going to the amusement park but many are oblivious to the advice. 

Offline Mejack

• Billys Paul
  • Obsessed
  • – I did, once.
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »
Do you mean for women or for men?
What church?  In the catholic church would a woman in shorts still have to cover her head witha vail or somethin' . . .
Precious memories, how they linger,  how they ever flood my soul.
In the stillness of the midnight,  memories from the past unfold.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2006, 09:59:37 AM »

True!  There is nothing worse than a man or woman dressed like a slob.  There is only one day for that - Halloween.  Although many people want that celebration the rest of the 364 days of the year. 

Clothes do help.  When you wear brand names, you go up the corporate ladder.  Do you think a company wants to send someone out to obtain new clients when their Rep is dressed with clothes from the Dollar Store?  I've always adhered to this philosophy concerning the way one dresses:

The elevator goes up :) and the elevator goes down  :-[

you do have a point, casper. however, it is not important what brand you wear. it is important that you wear good-fitting, appropriate clothes with style.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2006, 10:01:07 AM »
What church?  In the catholic church would a woman in shorts still have to cover her head witha vail or somethin' . . .

hmmm.. i am catholic. here in austria, nobody covers his/her head in church....but shorts are rather inappropriate. especially for men.

Casper

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2006, 10:03:12 AM »

To clarify, this would be for any Church and would include both men and women.  Children excluded.

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »
Big corporate, you have to dress well, designer brands, metrosexual all the way, if you want to get ahead.  ;D

I go to a Catholic church and NO shorts would definitley look out of place at mass. I have also never seen anyone cover their head.  :-\

FUNGURL

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2006, 10:13:31 AM »
What do you guys think of track pants on a man? 

FUNGURL