The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Dreams: The meaning behind them  (Read 20106 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
Re: Dreams: The meaning behind them
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »
I have a recurring dream where I'm in a really big old house, lots of rooms.

This dream started after my mother died in 1980

She is in the dream, but it is after the funeral and it turns out they made a mistake, it wasn't my mother that died. So my mother is living in the house.

It's a 1 story house. I have to walk past dozens of empty rooms to get to my room which is in the basement.

I get to the room and then I wake up.

Please feel free to interpret cuz I don't know what the Frederick it means.
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »
so cool Chucky....you really made me think

Thanks...

Nellie  :-*

;D

you're welcome!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2008, 04:28:41 AM »
I just had to put the post here, because it fits....lmao

I had a dream last night that I was in bedroom, and two strange women were there, asking me for advice on how to surpress their gag reflex.

:D :D :D :D :D   

I woke up and thought of this thread.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2008, 02:07:24 PM »
I just had to put the post here, because it fits....lmao

I had a dream last night that I was in bedroom, and two strange women were there, asking me for advice on how to surpress their gag reflex.

:D :D :D :D :D   

I woke up and thought of this thread.

WTF?!?.....lol..:D
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
Well here's a real fucking doozy!   ::)

Last night I dreamed that I was back at my old job, as a cashier for the supermarket.  Two guys did their shopping, and left a bag behind at my counter.  I saw it, and saw them getting into their truck, but I didn't chase after them with the bag, I watched them drive off without it.

Then, I went out to eat at a fast food joint, and put my tray of food on the table.  Walke over to get a straw, and came back to discover a little girl had eaten my dessert.  I asked her why, she giggled and walked off.  I went and got another dessert, and put it on the table.  I turned away, and turned back to find a boy had eaten it this time, and I reached over and swatted him on the side of his head.

At this point, I was in a store looking for a stuffed animal for Cor's daughter Kayla's bday.  However, they were all beaten up, and I remember feeling badly that the toys wouldn't find homes looking that way.

::)

So I went to a Hallmark store, and tried to find a stuffed animal there, but kept getting distracted by Halloween decorations.

So....WTF?

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »
I know that to dream of a store means ..prosperity and advancements in all affairs.....hmmmmm....and to dream of animals...not sure about "stuffed" ones...but it means it's a good omen for lovers and indicates a happy wedding...  :D

the rest....man,you're whack!!  lmao ::)
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline CANSTANDIT

• Obsessed
  • Special Brokeback Victims Unit
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »
Well here's a real fucking doozy!   ::)

Last night I dreamed that I was back at my old job, as a cashier for the supermarket.  Two guys did their shopping, and left a bag behind at my counter.  I saw it, and saw them getting into their truck, but I didn't chase after them with the bag, I watched them drive off without it.

Then, I went out to eat at a fast food joint, and put my tray of food on the table.  Walke over to get a straw, and came back to discover a little girl had eaten my dessert.  I asked her why, she giggled and walked off.  I went and got another dessert, and put it on the table.  I turned away, and turned back to find a boy had eaten it this time, and I reached over and swatted him on the side of his head.

At this point, I was in a store looking for a stuffed animal for Cor's daughter Kayla's bday.  However, they were all beaten up, and I remember feeling badly that the toys wouldn't find homes looking that way.

::)

So I went to a Hallmark store, and tried to find a stuffed animal there, but kept getting distracted by Halloween decorations.

So....WTF?

I have one question, Chuck-what did you eat before you went to bed?

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »
lmao!  Nothing! 

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »

I had a dream, a dream about you, baby.
It's gonna come true, baby.
They think that we're through, but baby,

You'll be swell! You'll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything's coming up roses!

Clear the decks! Clear the tracks!
You've got nothing to do but relax.
Blow a kiss. Take a bow.
Honey, everything's coming up roses!

Now's your inning. Stand the world on it's ear!
Set it spinning! That'll be just the beginning!
Curtain up! Light the lights!
You got nothing to hit but the heights!
You'll be swell. You'll be great.
I can tell. Just you wait.
That lucky star I talk about is due!
Honey, everything's coming up roses for me and for you!

You can do it, all you need is a hand.
We can do it, Mama is gonna see to it!
Curtain up! Light the lights!
We got nothing to hit but the heights!
I can tell, wait and see.
There's the bell! Follow me!
And nothing's gonna stop us 'til we're through!
Honey, everything's coming up roses and daffodils!
Everything's coming up sunshine and Santa Claus!
Everything's gonna be bright lights and lollipops!
Everything's coming up roses for me and for you!
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2014, 05:57:58 AM »
Reviving an old thread because of a dream I had last night.

LOL

My maternal grandparents were a couple who should NEVER have gotten married.  They did so because gram had a bun in the oven, my mom.

They lived in a small town in Pennsylvania, and fought like cats and dogs their entire marriage.

I swear, I didn't watch any sappy TV shows last night.  LOL

I dreamed I was in Pennsylvania.  I was the age I am now, but my grandparents looked like they did when I was a kid.  Instead of the house they lived in, in the dream they lived in a small farmhouse.  While it wasn't a farm, it was on the outside of town.

They were actually very nice to each other, and I was there, helping them do some chores, and shopping, and decorating their house for Christmas.

I can still see grandma walking around in my dream in a pair of overalls, something she never wore in real life.  LOL

I'm taking this as a sign that they're at peace with each other now.

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »
That's a sweet dream, Chuck.  I think you may be right that it's a sign.  It's good to feel a connection with them again, and in such pleasant circumstances, isn't it?
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
Reviving an old thread because of a dream I had last night.

LOL

My maternal grandparents were a couple who should NEVER have gotten married.  They did so because gram had a bun in the oven, my mom.

They lived in a small town in Pennsylvania, and fought like cats and dogs their entire marriage.

I swear, I didn't watch any sappy TV shows last night.  LOL

I dreamed I was in Pennsylvania.  I was the age I am now, but my grandparents looked like they did when I was a kid.  Instead of the house they lived in, in the dream they lived in a small farmhouse.  While it wasn't a farm, it was on the outside of town.

They were actually very nice to each other, and I was there, helping them do some chores, and shopping, and decorating their house for Christmas.

I can still see grandma walking around in my dream in a pair of overalls, something she never wore in real life.  LOL

I'm taking this as a sign that they're at peace with each other now.

lol @ "bun in the oven"

and lmao @ your grandma wearing overalls!!  ;D ;D ;D

I used to have interesting dreams about my grandmother. one was a recurring dream where she would be climbing quickly up a hill while i (and other family members) would be lagging behind. I remember her turning back and looking over her shoulder with a sparkle in her eye and a coy smile, and telling me to hurry up, that it wasn't a big deal... I haven't had that dream in... forever!

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  Ang Lee

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »
I had a crazy/fun dream  the other night, and I know exactly what caused it.

:laugh:

I found a website that lets you read comics free online.  While I don't read new comics (I'd pay for those) I will read older comics that are no longer available for sale.   The stories I was reading were super hero ones, so (of course) I dreamed I was a super hero.

Anyway, I was in a team of heros, I didn't recognize any of them, my powers were magic based, sort of like a witch, shooting bolts  of  magic energy out of my hands.  However, my main power was that I was empathic, able to feel the emotions and feelings of others, and (if necessary) pull those feelings from them,  to help them heal.

The fight against the villains was taking place by a cemetery, and one of the villains had a bull-horn like device that amplified the feelings of the restless spirits, and it would hit me like a physical force.  Think of someone growling/screaming, and amplify it by 10.

The funny part was, I had fallen asleep with the window open, and at one point in the dream, just when I was being  surrounded by that loud growl/scream, two motorcycles sped past my apartment, with their motors screaming....I woke with a start, and almost shot up in the bed. 

:laugh:

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »
Wow - sounds more scary than fun, but then again, you were a super-hero, so they wouldn't scare  you.

And what a great power to have...I'm pretty sure you already do have it  ;)

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2017, 05:51:45 PM »
lately my projects have been about being at work, being given  projects I know nothing about.  :laugh: