The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Dreams: The meaning behind them  (Read 58691 times)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
Dreams: The meaning behind them
« on: January 11, 2007, 07:52:43 AM »
I have often wondered what lays behind a dream. I understand we all need to dream in order for our brains to rejuvenate and hold information from the days or weeks that have passed. But have you ever woken up and said..."WTF?"

So here is a thread to just try to figure them out....are some of them premonitions?....who's to know!!

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
Re: Dreams: The meaning behind them
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 08:04:23 AM »
cool nelly i love this,even am having a book about dreaming and their meanings  :)
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 08:11:50 AM »
Okay.....I have always had funky dream here and there and even one's I couldn't remember...but lately,I have been having them and can remember them in great detail.

Lordy...I have even had dreams about you Forum members. Some I can't repeat   :o 8) I'll have to kill ya if I told ya.....bwahahah

I know certain things mean something in real life..I'll give you an example of one I had a couple of weeks ago.

There was a boy standing near a window,all of a sudden he starts screaming and runs away. I can see myself walking towards this window and I then look behind the curtain. There were tons of swarming bees. All of a sudden I'm a bee flying around. I look up to see a wooden bird house...as I land on the top railing I see 2 or 3 red berries,frozen. The berries then fall down and rolls inside the little house. I fly in and the berries are melting and there's this glowing light. As I get closer to this glow it's the baby Jesus........ and then I wake up!!  so I said to myself...WTF?....lol

I have read that the meaning behind bees is , I will have many pleasant and profitable business deals. Much happiness through children.
Hmmmmmmmm....I can see the happiness with children...but work issues?....riiiiiiiiiiight

So there it is...that's just one of them...lordy ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
cool nelly i love this,even am having a book about dreaming and their meanings :)

Me too....I bought a book ages ago....the pages are even falling apart but it's like my bible...and she's a Puerto Rican author...ha ha ha.....white magic maybe?

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:38:24 AM »
Nells:

WTF, indeed.  Typical of these kinds of dreams to be so random and jumbled up.  I hate them, cause you're left with -- what the hell was that.

I've never really looked very close at dreams, but will certainly start now.

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »
I've only had one dream from someone here and that was conny just a few days ago.  I had been to Linda's home, as I had reported this past weekend, and the backyard looked so lonely.  I had mentioned that it hit me like a ton of bricks as I stood there.  Trying to imagine where everything and everyone was, especially those big white coolers.  Conny and Jari had commented on the difficulty of the distances that separate us all, and Linda, poor Linda, knew exactly what I meant.  After all, she has to see it daily.

Well, my dream was sort of  the same but everyone was there.  I was at the top of the steps, just like this past weekend, looking out towards the back fence.  Everything and everyone was there, but all was standing still, no one was moving or any sounds or voices.  All of a sudden, I see conny walking straight towards me from under the back tent, smiling she keeps saying “Look, we’re all here again, isn’t that great.”  I never said a word, because I could not open my mouth to speak.  I just kept looking at her wondering why I could see her moving and hear her speak, while everyone else was frozen.

Yep, the damn white coolers were all there.

WTF, indeed.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
Oh wow Gerry...I had heard about the first part of you feeling very melancholy about that but never heard about you dreaming....sooooooo cool...maybe subconsciously you were feeling very content with the fact that you still chat with us and can visit that backyard ....the feeling of completeness or maybe yearning to have us all together again...hmmmmmmm

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:09:56 AM »
I also think, perhaps more on the pessimistic side, that the weekend will never be reproduced again.  Why should I expect anything different from any other wonderful event in my life?

. . . and I don't tend to be a pessimistic person.  ;D

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
I've only had one dream from someone here and that was conny just a few days ago.  I had been to Linda's home, as I had reported this past weekend, and the backyard looked so lonely.  I had mentioned that it hit me like a ton of bricks as I stood there.  Trying to imagine where everything and everyone was, especially those big white coolers.  Conny and Jari had commented on the difficulty of the distances that separate us all, and Linda, poor Linda, knew exactly what I meant.  After all, she has to see it daily.

Well, my dream was sort of  the same but everyone was there.  I was at the top of the steps, just like this past weekend, looking out towards the back fence.  Everything and everyone was there, but all was standing still, no one was moving or any sounds or voices.  All of a sudden, I see conny walking straight towards me from under the back tent, smiling she keeps saying “Look, we’re all here again, isn’t that great.”  I never said a word, because I could not open my mouth to speak.  I just kept looking at her wondering why I could see her moving and hear her speak, while everyone else was frozen.

Yep, the damn white coolers were all there.

WTF, indeed.

wow you make me cry cause of this  :'(
tears of loneliness that keeps falling over me from time to time,and sometimes it hurts me so much i don`t know if i can stand it anymore,i told linda a few days ago and she felt exactly the same. that was about one or two days after your visit with her. i felt so sad,i just couldn`t jump in  plane and go over there,sit on that porch and give eachother some comfort.
but i can also imagening myself walking up there like you described gerry,and my new thoughts lately are: Don`t cry because it`s over,Laugh because it happened!!

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 09:58:56 AM »
one of my dreams that comes back to me every once in a while is that i am locked in a room or a building,all the time fighting to get out,but then finally out and free i wanna go back in cause it`s making me scared to be outside too! although i didn`t wanted to be locked up,it kinda was comforting as well.

i know this can be related to how i stand in life,when my walls were/are up and when i hide from the world and when i`m hurt.i hide back in my shelv where nothing can get to me,but another part of me,wants to get out i guess.
(am working on that with hypno therapy right now,breaking trough a patern thats already there my whole life and won`t let me have a normal relationship!)

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »

wow you make me cry cause of this  :'(
tears of loneliness that keeps falling over me from time to time,and sometimes it hurts me so much i don`t know if i can stand it anymore,i told linda a few days ago and she felt exactly the same. that was about one or two days after your visit with her. i felt so sad,i just couldn`t jump in  plane and go over there,sit on that porch and give eachother some comfort.
but i can also imagening myself walking up there like you described gerry,and my new thoughts lately are: Don`t cry because it`s over,Laugh because it happened!!

Conny:

Like I said, eventhough this has been so special for us, we shouldn't expect to be any different than any other landmark event in our lives.

Like you said, cry because it happened.  Don't think I haven't thought about planning a trip to ya'lls territory.  I'd say about a 2 week tour and hit all the "best" spots.   Where each of you live.   ;)

Or we could have a reunion, centralized somewhere over there.  You never know...

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
i agree that this was a once in a life time experience,even if we have a reunion,it would be different.everything was right there and then at that place at that time,with all of us there  :) just magic  ;)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »
one of my dreams that comes back to me every once in a while is that i am locked in a room or a building,all the time fighting to get out,but then finally out and free i wanna go back in cause it`s making me scared to be outside too! although i didn`t wanted to be locked up,it kinda was comforting as well.

i know this can be related to how i stand in life,when my walls were/are up and when i hide from the world and when i`m hurt.i hide back in my shelv where nothing can get to me,but another part of me,wants to get out i guess.
(am working on that with hypno therapy right now,breaking trough a patern thats already there my whole life and won`t let me have a normal relationship!)

Yes,hon,I agree this has a lot to do with your situation....because to dream of a locked place,not being able to get out means "Confusion and Doubt"

((hugs))  you will get out of this...soon

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »
thanks nell,i will ,working very hard on that,breaking bonds and such  :)
we did some white magic ceremonies,very powerfull!!!

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »
Oh Lord.........did you say "white magic"?.........lol