The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: LGBTQ related news and issues  (Read 704336 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: is society really as accepting as it claims?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 06:38:17 PM »
Okay Lyle, I slept with Jake last night and he swore to me he is straight, if you don't believe it I have to ask why?   I don't listen to what people say about others, anyone can say anything.

Well, if you don't respect an oscar winning director who was gay and worked with Richard Gere, if you think my friend is lying to me about John Travolta, yet you are saying you believe the article you quoted above (where people can say anything, and I assume that includes you) then that's that I guess.

I think if I said the sky is blue and the grass is green you would point out that the grass is blue in Kentucky and the sky is yellow in Montana.

P.S.:  Were you on the O.J. jury?  They sure wouldn't have been able to convince you of anything!

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »
Lyle give your head a shake, I don't know that the director said anything, I don't know that your friend met John Travolta.  Anymore than you know if I slept with Jake or not.

And people didn't say anything, Jake said I want to meet a woman, marry and have a child, he said that.  It was not hearsay!!

But yea sure he could have been lying.  :P

FUNGURL

Offline shelber

• skilled at slacking
  • Obsessed
  • had the greatest 2 weeks
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »
night penny, thanks for hanging out!!

ok i feel we should have a coffee and a smoke break, stretch our legs and typing fingers...what say everyone?
So I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.~ daughtry

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »
Lyle give your head a shake, I don't know that the director said anything, I don't know that your friend met John Travolta.  Anymore than you know if I slept with Jake or not.

YOU don't know the director said anything, but I DO!  I was talking with him.  So are you calling me a liar?  AND him?

If they had said it to YOU, would you believe it?  I am respectfully relaying information from credible people and for whatever reason you are discounting and/or dismissing it out of hand because anyone could say anything, and in my opinion, thereby calling all three of us liars.  I don't know how or why you choose to believe what you believe (apparently magazines don't fall into the say anything category and are trustworthy sources of info to you), but I don't appreciate the fact you willing dismiss things as though I've just made them up out of thin air.  I do not do that and things that I say are known by me to be the truth based on my own experiences or reputable sources.

Now, Shelber, I will break and stretch...

Offline shelber

• skilled at slacking
  • Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 07:05:40 PM »
i think everyone has been posting some great replies, and i feel really honoured that you all have been so open with experiences and whats in your brain.

i may be wrong, but it seems a little tense-a-roo, another reason i had started this thread was because of people more or less getting shut down in the other threads, and it appeared to me that members still wanted to discuss this kind of stuff. i dont want people to have bad feelings towards eachother, cause that would make me sad. and really its all about me, lol.
 ;D :-* :-* :-* ;D
So I'm going home,

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2007, 07:19:37 PM »
Things are always tense with me and Lyle, it is just the way it is.

I am suppose to believe what he says, but not what comes right out of Jake's mouth.  Sorry can't figure that one out.  :-\

Off to bed, night everyone, sweet dreams!  :)

FUNGURL

Offline shelber

• skilled at slacking
  • Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »
g'night lola

thanks for chatting, i really enjoyed you and your posts! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
So I'm going home,

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
  • Proud member of Jake's unique fan base
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
I mean, everyone knows that Sean Hayes is gay, but he says it's no ones business.  Does he say that to his friends as well?  John Travolta sues people saying he's gay, but that doesn't stop him from asking men like my waiter friend Rick out on dates.

Gay celebrities may say their sexuality is no one's business, but that implies they only tell certain people or they are completely closeted.  For straight celebrities it's not like that.

Lyle, I love the points you're making and it is SOOOOO wonderful that someone is expressing what I think in an articulate way and that I am not so alone (as I have felt occasionally) in saying them!

And "wow" about John Travolta! Your waiter friend has been quite the resource, hasn't he?
"Ya ain't got a problem, Hank... Yer justa l'il sad is all... 'S ta be 'xpected when bad stuff happens... 'n ya got a righ' ta be sad 'bout it...", Ed in Ed and Hank.

(Thank you, myeyesain'tblue!)

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
    • My blog
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
I'll tell you that in 2000-2001 I was well acquainted with the RCA/Columbia guy in charge of their video department.  He had met Ang Lee (the guy and Ang are both Chinese) and he matter of factly told me that Ang is gay, as is he.  All of a sudden it seems Ang wasn't last year!  People would say "he has a wife" (like they didn't even see BBM???).  Really, I was confused.  Maybe that's why Ang does movies about people hiding their true identities--Wedding Banquet, Sense & Sensibility, The Hulk, The Ice Storm, BBM etc.  Maybe that's why he dedicated BBM to his wife...similar situation? 

I have suspected that about Ang but was afraid to say it here on the DC.

"Ya ain't got a problem, Hank... Yer justa l'il sad is all... 'S ta be 'xpected when bad stuff happens... 'n ya got a righ' ta be sad 'bout it...", Ed in Ed and Hank.

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
    • My blog
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »
I have excellent sources that know Heath is bisexual.  No one ever speculates about Heath.  (I have no reason to doubt them.)

Thought that, too, of course, but I'd love to know more about your excellent sources!

And Lyle, I am sending you a big cyber hug and smooch!! :-*

Jeanine

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
    • My blog
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 07:35:45 PM »
National-NBC) January 30, 2007 - Jake Gyllenhaal's career has been pretty amazing. And now, the dreamy-eyed actor is talking to "GQ" magazine about real life - getting married and having kids.

It looks like now that big sis Maggie is a mom, it's Jake's turn to pass along those talented Gyllenhaal genes. He tells GQ, "I'm definitely thinking about that."

But not so fast - the actor is holding out until the right lady comes along first, of course, "Look, the most important job for a man is to find the right woman. It's the best we can do."

That article is doctored.

When asked about children, he said he'd been thinking about it but didn't use the word "definitely" for emphasis and then, he went into a mini-lecture about the importance of choosing the right mother. It was a fairly classic Jake dodge!

Offline shelber

• skilled at slacking
  • Obsessed
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
well all, i got to step out of here for a bit, RL had the nerve to interrupt!!!

hey jeanine you sweet thing you!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*, i am glad that you popped back in, there have been so many insights and posts that i know you would like! and agree with

see ya all soon  :-*
So I'm going home,

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
    • My blog
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »
heres how un cool i am and another thread drift, i didnt even know what photoshop was until here. lol. i wish i knew how to do it, me and some smexy sandra would be filling out an album in no time  ;D ;) :-*

back to your regular scheduled thread

Oh, I just had a thought about you and Beyonce!

*drools*

Offline lowcountrygirl

• Obsessed
    • My blog
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »
And the funny thing is, if he had said "hell yea I am gay" you would have believed it.  But he said "he wants to marry a women and have a family"  So you automatically assume that is for publicity.  I think you have to ask yourself why that is??

He DID NOT say that!

Offline shelber

• skilled at slacking
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »
heres how un cool i am and another thread drift, i didnt even know what photoshop was until here. lol. i wish i knew how to do it, me and some smexy sandra would be filling out an album in no time  ;D ;) :-*

back to your regular scheduled thread

Oh, I just had a thought about you and Beyonce!

*drools*

well now how can i focus on RL when you say somthing like that.... ;)
So I'm going home,