The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What good book have you read lately? (New or old)  (Read 965805 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: What good book have you read lately? (New or old)
« Reply #3885 on: March 30, 2019, 08:36:52 AM »
Our hosters are moving this site to a new data centre on Sunday 31st and there may be an outage of a couple of hours between 3am - 11am GMT and 4am -noon for Europe.

Our current DC provider is moving to a new location.

Equinix is one of the most prestigious global colocation providers.  We have had many requests by our loyal client base over the years to expand into foreign and domestic markets.  By adding Equinix’s services to our offerings we can now do more for our clients., As with any quality data center Equinix offers N+1 power with multi utility feeds & generators, N+1 on all cooling system, along with the highest quality onsite security in the business, and so much more.

No IP will be changed. GC servers will take between 2-4 hours to be moved.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #3886 on: April 05, 2019, 05:33:02 PM »
We just found out that the move we thought was going to happen on March 30th, didn't happen, and is now happening tonight.

Underlined text is modified to reflect the changes.

Our hosters are moving this site to a new data center on Friday, April 5th  and there may be an outage of four of hours between 8:00pm - 4:00am PDT.

Our current DC provider is moving to a new location.

Equinix is one of the most prestigious global colocation providers.  We have had many requests by our loyal client base over the years to expand into foreign and domestic markets.  By adding Equinix’s services to our offerings we can now do more for our clients., As with any quality data center Equinix offers N+1 power with multi utility feeds & generators, N+1 on all cooling system, along with the highest quality onsite security in the business, and so much more.

No IP will be changed. GC servers will take between 2-4 hours to be moved.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:44:10 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3887 on: April 08, 2019, 07:48:05 AM »
On Amazon today, Books 4-6 for Kindle of Josh Lanyon’s Adrien English M/M crime series for only .99c. And Books 1-3 are only $7.99 for the 3.

If you don’t know them, highly recommended! Must be read in order as the relationship develops, and to me the relationship is much more important than the crimes.

For a reason which I can’t say without spoiling, there is something in the first book which perhaps is not typical of the rest of the series, though I still enjoy it and it’s a great beginning. But the books continue to get better and better.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3888 on: April 08, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »
Thanks for the info Sara. I'll have to order all of them then. I'd rather read the hard copies than the kindle, just my preference! Thanks also for leaving out any spoilers!  :o :P :laugh:

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3889 on: April 09, 2019, 02:09:42 AM »
That will be pretty expensive! I did have some of them in paperback, but when they came out on Kindle (and Audible) I gave the books to a friend. But I love them so much that I’ve now bought all the books again! Some of them were quite reasonable on eBay. Be careful not to get the early editions of the first two. Josh revised them - the second one, A Dangerous Thing, quite extensively.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #3890 on: April 09, 2019, 04:09:01 AM »

Anne Tyler

"A spool of blue thread"

(I just finished it.)

Brilliant. Highly entertaining. Wise. No spectacular plot, but really profound on day-to-day terms. Human life and its difficulties. Wonderful portraits. Simply beautiful.
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3891 on: April 11, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
Ing, I don't know HOW you find time to read too!! With all your writing, music, traveling and social Life, I'm amazed you manage to read anything! But, then again, maybe all writers are avid readers too, no?  ;D

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3892 on: April 12, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »

My day has 25 hours, Jonn.

;)
WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3893 on: May 02, 2019, 03:31:18 AM »

I've got a strong reading recommendation.

It's Philippe Besson's novel "Arrête avec tes mensonges", which is currently translated - and will be released soon in the UK as "Lie with me".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lie-Me-Philippe-Besson/dp/0241987091/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=besson+%22lie+to+me%22&qid=1556788601&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I won't say more. It's heartbreaking. I read it yesterday afternoon, in one single breath, it is moving and brillant. It's lingering in my mind.

(There are similarities to BBM and CMBYN, certainly, but it's a totally different kind of story. Playing in 1984. Written in 2017. Apparently Besson's 'real-life' drama.)
WISE UP

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #3894 on: May 02, 2019, 04:10:40 AM »
^^^^  TY.. Did you notice it is translated by "Molly Ringwald" ??  Sounds interesting!  V.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3895 on: May 02, 2019, 04:50:59 AM »

I did!

That makes it even more interesting.

(I read it in the French original.)
WISE UP

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3896 on: May 02, 2019, 04:52:29 AM »

(In Germany, LIE WITH ME has been translated by a very prominent - and excellent - gay author, Hans Pleschinski. Whose own novels are remarkable.)
WISE UP

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3897 on: May 02, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »
I’ve just seen Lie With Me recommended by English novelist, Patrick Gale, as well. But can I cope with heartbreaking?

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3898 on: May 02, 2019, 10:37:00 AM »
Looks great, Ingy, but I have the same problem as Sara!

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3899 on: May 02, 2019, 11:13:45 AM »
I’ve just seen Lie With Me recommended by English novelist, Patrick Gale, as well. But can I cope with heartbreaking?

Yes you can. Especially YOU will love it.
WISE UP