The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 498344 times)

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #3720 on: August 31, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »

Bienvenue Bean!

:)
WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #3721 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
Welcome, Bean. You landed in just the right spot. :)
the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #3722 on: September 01, 2015, 06:46:03 AM »
Hi Bean! Welcome!  :)
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #3723 on: September 25, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Update - Dave Cullen Forum

Hello DCF members.  We have another update to give you.

Regarding the forum's migration,  the first two steps will be taking place this coming Monday (9/28).  The forum will be taken offline,  a final back-up will be performed and then the update will take place.

We don't have an exact time that the forum will be down, but we don't expect it to be longer than one day.

Once the back-up and update are complete, the forum will be online again we can begin to prepare for the migration to the new server. When this takes place, the forum will be offline again while the migration takes place. We are not sure when this will be, but will let you know when and how long.

Regarding the set up of the banking and PayPal accounts, they are both done.   The account had to be opened in my name, because DCF doesn't have an actual EIN number.  The PayPal account is set-up, and just needs to be confirmed.  Once the confirmation takes place, we are able to accept donations.   If you are unable or would prefer not to use PayPal, a check can always be mailed to me.  Just contact me via PM, and I'll give you my mailing addresses.   I have already received one donation this way.

We will be keeping a list of donations and donors, as basic recordkeeping, but this will remain private.

Monthly statements will be published for members to view.

Just as a reminder,  there will be a cost for the back-up & update, and a cost for the migration.   After that, the cost for keeping the forum up and running will be approximately $40.00 a month.

BayCityJohn

« Reply #3724 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:31 PM »
I just wanted to share for those of you who aren't following the event topic.

Message from Diana:

"Thank you all who came so far to see Brokeback on the big screen at The Loft. The 35 mm print was stunning. Larry and I both are deeply touched by how this film has affected each of you. And I am so lucky, so grateful, to have played a part in its long journey and introduction into your lives. And to each of you in this group and beyond, your stories, your lovely gifts, and the ways in which Brokeback has changed your lives mean more to me than any award ever could. Truly..."

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #3725 on: November 03, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
Thanks John for relaying Dianna's message. She's one lady I'd love to share with over a dinner table.

Offline Brian S

• Virgin
« Reply #3726 on: December 19, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
     Hi, new to the forum. I just wanted to say that I weep everytime I watch this movie. It makes me feel so grateful to have been born in 71 and not earlier.  I see many similarities between Jack and myself, and I know that had it been me, in that time in America along with the feelings I have toward men, that I would have come to the same fate. i think I weep more for the thousands of untold/ closeted stories of this kind of "forbidden love" that has ruined or complicated needlessly many people's lives in many cultures and societies since the dawn of time as generally, gay love is seen as unnatural.
     I treasure this time in history with my husband cause I know that at any time, winds can blow, religious fervour  can rise and we may find ourselves again persecuted. Minorities are always in danger of intolerance by dominate cultures. Even now, in 2015, I still don't feel 100% safe.  There is always that nagging feeling that one day I could still get bashed. May just be left over social anxiety though. Either way, real to me, like it was real to Ennis.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #3727 on: December 19, 2015, 09:07:39 AM »
Welcome Brian. All of us here have one kind of story or another. You're in a safe place on this forum so feel free to share on the many threads available. :)

P.S. A few more posts and you will be able to communicate via PM with any of us.

Offline Brian S

• Virgin
« Reply #3728 on: December 19, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »
Thanks for the safe place. Lol.  I just watched BBM for the first time in years. The whole watching a dead guy act thing. It will be a while before I can watch robin Williams's again. It's been long enough so, watching it everyday for last week and seeing little nuances and directorial choices that really do make this movie a masterpiece.  I'll post some more when I get back from xmas shopping. Got lots to say. I'm an English major so, I'm good at dissecting the crap out of lit and movies. Bbl

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3729 on: December 19, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
Hey Brian! Welcome to the Forum!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #3730 on: December 19, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »
Hello Brian S!  Welcome to the Ultimate Brokeback Mountain Forum!

My name is Chuck (USA/ New Jersey) and I'm one of the moderators who helps run the place.

It's always great to see new members find us and join up!

I can see from your increasing post count that you're searching around the forum!  Good!  I'm going to supply you with a few links that you may find helpful.  You may have already been in a few threads in these sections, but you may find some new topics you want to post in.  If you see that a topic is "old", please don't feel that you shouldn't post.  You never know what conversation would be started because you posted.

In this section you can find threads to compare the movie to the short story (Film Vs. Book), your favorite quote from the movie or book, and general discussion of Brokeback.

In this section you can find threads about reactions of the audience, how the movie affected you, and other topics.

Here you will find threads that talk about various scenes from the movie. 

This is where you'll find threads that talk about Jack, Ennis, their relationship, the women of Brokeback, and other elements.

There are other sections as well where you'll find chat threads (The Diner,  Le Bar Slash) fan fiction discussion, TV, movies, music, and countless other threads.

Have fun exploring!

Offline Trigger Hippie

• nnln nlnn
  • Obsessed
  • Rob - você é minha vida
« Reply #3731 on: January 29, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »
Because of the movie, this.......10 years later

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3732 on: January 29, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
Geaux Nick and Rob!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #3733 on: January 29, 2016, 07:47:08 PM »
great work, Nick!  Love it!

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3734 on: January 31, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »
Because of the movie, this.......10 years later

I LOVE THIS and it is so wonderful to see some shots that were taken at my BBQ way back in 2006!! Much love to you both! ♥ ♥ ♥
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name