The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 817962 times)

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #510 on: October 16, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »
And when you start to believe that the impact has been exhausted... ;)

Thank you. Elvan, min vän. Wayne, brother, all of you. What I believe is that the impact is about becoming visible. To ourselves and to others.

Finnish modernist poet, Helvi Juvonen (she died traigically young as poets tend to do) has a poem called a boulder:

I, a boulder
split off the mother rock
carried far by the ice
abandoned by the ice,
am alone in the forest,
am odd.
Don't mind children playing
around me
Don't mind snow
on my back. But
do not carve me
when I'm standing like a bear and think.
I am not cold, I am warm
when sun shines
you can see me.

This thread is such a gift.... the battles we've gone through, previously invisible and hidden shared.

Ayuni and Dahlia: I do believe that the movie made our needs also visible, our yearning for love and being loved, touched, cherished, appreciated... and if we're lucky our capacity for love becomes known to others.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:12:01 AM by Boris »
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2007, 02:08:39 AM »
Wayne and Elvan writing as you did can in itself be a cathartic experience and surely is a step forward in  your own growth as individuals and a step towards realising your own dreams - don't dream it - be it.  I feel privileged to watch you grow, seeing you get stronger.  Wayne you’re deeper than you would have us believe, Elvan we’ve missed you, so nice to have you back with us.

Dahlia and Ayuni thank you for sharing your own experiences and struggles, by posting them you have helped others understand that they are not alone in finding that relationships can be a struggle. you show that with love, patience, hope and above all dialogue situations can change for the better.

A collective hug to all of you.

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2007, 03:13:21 AM »
Thank you everyone for support and comments... It really means a lot. It was not easy to open my heart and tell you all what I was really feeling, and on an open internet forum, but whatever the outcome I think this is healing...
 :) 
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:13 AM »
Wayne you’re deeper than you would have us believe

Damn.... Best get back to talking about Prada then... ;)

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Rei-gyoku

• Owlet in Contemplation
  • Obsessed
  • Just like this... always.
« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2007, 04:12:50 AM »
Wayne you’re deeper than you would have us believe

Damn.... Best get back to talking about Prada then... ;)

Not a Devil in PRADA,

but a "Cherub in a hidden woeful countenance"? :-*

Rei

Offline Elevation

• Obsessed
« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2007, 07:30:50 AM »
And when you start to believe that the impact has been exhausted... ;)

Thank you. Elvan, min vän. Wayne, brother, all of you. What I believe is that the impact is about becoming visible. To ourselves and to others.

Finnish modernist poet, Helvi Juvonen (she died traigically young as poets tend to do) has a poem called a boulder:

I, a boulder
split off the mother rock
carried far by the ice
abandoned by the ice,
am alone in the forest,
am odd.
Don't mind children playing
around me
Don't mind snow
on my back. But
do not carve me
when I'm standing like a bear and think.
I am not cold, I am warm
when sun shines
you can see me.

This thread is such a gift.... the battles we've gone through, previously invisible and hidden shared.

Ayuni and Dahlia: I do believe that the movie made our needs also visible, our yearning for love and being loved, touched, cherished, appreciated... and if we're lucky our capacity for love becomes known to others.

... how shall I thank you all for your sweet replies... hopefully we'll all meet in person some day for grouphugs, but just a few words here and now:

Wonderful strong Jari, this poem brought grateful tears to my eyes. I'm so proud and happy for you as well and glad you're my friend. Thankyou!

dahlia, thankyou so much for posting those lyrics to share your BBM impression! neatfreak/Betty and (((jack))), thankyou both for really sweet posts!

And dear Nick (it took me a second or two to figure out it was you :D) for your support and you know meeting you was one of my BBQ highlights as well! Big hugs and seeya in UK!

Oh sista Jackie, what can I say - all the hugs in the world your way!!! Thankyou so so much - and yes, wasn't it an amazing coincidence that me and W posted these 'walls down' posts at the same time! :) Printscreen moment!

Conny, dear hon thankyou for your post and steady support all this time! ;) 

Wow, Rei-gyoku, no I don't think we've met but I watched your video link - it was beautiful and very fascinating! What a destiny, thanks for explaining the lyrics.
(Btw, did you know that piano and singing is so 'me'?)

Nax, I feel very priviliged to finally have a taste of the joy and relief that all other courageous people in this forum who have walked before me and Zudos through the walls of isolation into the real world and, like you say, quit just dreaming! Thankyou for the welcome back, I believe you had your squirrel avatar last time I was here!  :o ;D
Well there's a bridge and there's a river that I still must cross...

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #516 on: October 16, 2007, 08:07:10 AM »

Nax, I feel very priviliged to finally have a taste of the joy and relief that all other courageous people in this forum who have walked before me and Zudos through the walls of isolation into the real world and, like you say, quit just dreaming! Thankyou for the welcome back, I believe you had your squirrel avatar last time I was here!  :o ;D

...and some of us have grown too while you've been away ;)

Offline Elevation

• Obsessed
« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »

...and some of us have grown too while you've been away ;)
there you are!  ;D :-* :D
Well there's a bridge and there's a river that I still must cross...

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #518 on: October 16, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »
I have really been thinking about you, Zudos and Elvan (wish you all the best), and all the answers. This forum  is something beautiful, such a generous, warm and nice place.
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline Tigs

• THE Cowntess
  • Obsessed
  • The Cowntess and The Girls!
« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »
Elvan and Wayne

Thank you so much for posting your stories  - very brave of both of you.

Hugs and warm thoughts to you both!!

Sal      ;D
Throwing cows over hedges!!   "Crazy Cat Lady" - MF!!!   I am a toilet!!

Offline chapeaugris

• Obsessed
« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »
Elvan, I never met you and don't remember reading your early posts or anything but your name was always evoked with such affection that I wondered who you were. Thank you for coming back to tell a little bit of your story.

Wayne, I remember in the first six months or so here I thought you were some blond guy.  :D  I met you over a year ago at the London gathering and was sorry I didn't get to talk to you a bit more. Your openness about your experience really touched me and I wish you all the best.

Kim

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
Wayne, I remember in the first six months or so here I thought you were some blond guy.  :D  I met you over a year ago at the London gathering and was sorry I didn't get to talk to you a bit more. Your openness about your experience really touched me and I wish you all the best.

Kim

Thanks Kim :-* Hahaha - That was my hidden actor avatar! And also my hommage to the fact that Footballers Wives had been cancelled....

Oxford 08... We will make sure we chat properly... :-*   

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #522 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »
Miaisland and Sal, thanks so much for your support :-*

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
  • LOVE is indeed a force of nature.
« Reply #523 on: October 16, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »
Elvan & Zudos/Wayne: thank you both for sharing such intensely personal stories. Elvan, it sounds as if you are at the start of a very long and hard road. Strength to your arm along the way.

On a completely different topic, many of you might be interested in this link, which was posted today on one of the genealogy lists which I belong to.

It is from Alberta, Canada; and I feel SURE that the mural is inspired by BBM. Accordingly, I feel that it is very relevant to how BBM affected people.

BUT be very sure to click on each tile for an enlargement, for there you will see something completely unexpected each time. We were directed first to look into the horse's EYE in this way. Just wonderful. Enjoy. 

http://www.muralmosaic.com/Cochrane.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:16:25 PM by JohnnyX »
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #524 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26:59 AM »
wow johnny thanks for the link,this is so beautiful!
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2