The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 818118 times)

Offline gavern

• Feet Wet
    • My Music
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »
Thankyou johnnyX for your words and I am glad that you have some close friends who you can love ~ May I just add that when I said "no matter what the cost" I meant that even if I was eventually killed for loving so, then so be it. At least I would've experienced the depth of love, to me it's way beyonf physicality, to me you only have "the one" that you can share that with, but yes like I mentioned it's way beyond physicallness, It's more like Universal, Galatic, Spiritual, sometimes words aren't enough ~ Music certainly says it better! :)

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #541 on: October 19, 2007, 02:06:01 AM »
A warm welcome Gavern,  glad that you found us, as you can see we are quite a friendly bunch, I look forward to seeing you around the place.  ;)

Nax.

Offline Brokeback_1

• Obsessed
« Reply #542 on: October 19, 2007, 02:32:15 AM »
Thank you everyone for support and comments... It really means a lot. It was not easy to open my heart and tell you all what I was really feeling, and on an open internet forum, but whatever the outcome I think this is healing...
 :) 

You know something? You are just sweet. Even pissed off you are cute.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe but nothing could be done about it, & if you can't fix it, you've got to stand it

Offline Brokeback_1

• Obsessed
« Reply #543 on: October 19, 2007, 03:25:56 AM »
I started musing about BB and the people I've become close with.

I posted hesitatingly at first, about the shock of the film and the effect it had on me. I was numb. Hopefully, the astonishment felt when I got ANSWERED will never be forgotten. I was freaked out, completely.

Jack/Jack and I'mEnnisShe'sJack/Heidi and jim..../Jim actually ANSWERED my post.

I didn't quite know what to do. Should I ignore it? Use caution? Or---god help me roflmao>>>ANSWER BACK?

I answered back.

Very soon, I asked about BBM the short story and four people sent me copies. That opened a new world,  The World Of Proulx.

I made friends. Ok, I figured it's the internet, it doesn't matter much.

THEN I found myself using PM's. They were an interesting experience lol. In every case, it was through a pm that friendships began.

Sometimes a PM from nowhere.

The person who is my oldest Forum friend, the one who first crossed the boundary into reality is The Scandalous Tellyouwhat.  I had read tellyouwhat's posts and liked them. Got curious, started to follow her posts and finally sent a PM saying I loved what was written, liked the style, liked the grace, and only someone with a first class mind could have combined all that with the content.

It was rather daring on my part. For real. I didn't even know tellyouwhat was a SHE until she told me the little symbol by her avatar--and I wasn't sure what that was--meant people were male or female. We both started posting on the same thread, PM'd frequently. Then we exchanged phone numbers.

And USED THEM!!!

Started talking.

By then, the Brokeback Effect had led me to re-establish a friendship with my ex. By then it had led to asking my now wife if she might want to try....  By then it had led me into a renewed passion for my home town,  NYC: 1/2  an hour from Times Square by subway, and I had not gone to the City for anything but Christmas sales for at least 3 years. Where I made a new friendship, with a non-forum Brokie who had seen the film, moved to the Rockies, been attacked with a tire iron and had to move back. By then it had instigated a move on my part to Colorado, a move made with intent to marry...

Now, I had met a few Forum members briefly---at a 'virgin' Forum screening in Manhattan, one which  had odd vibes; at a second Forum screening on 42nd street where I met a Famous Italian Sausage who Chucked me. [lol] In Denver, where we had lunch with Cactusgal.  But nothing like what Ellen suggested below.

One day Ellen called and said she had placed a notice in TDS--which she was co-editing by then--about an event up in Casper, Wyoming. Both wanted to go and both of us were very hesitant. We prodded each other and actually went. It was a remarkable weekend and a remarkable cast: Ellen, me,  my now wife; Annie Proulx's Rancher Friends, given seats at our banquet dinner table;  Linda Hasselstrom; Annie Proulx;  Pete Tannen's I love Jack and Ennis Cowboy-Boot Slipcovers; Ennis's Truck;   and half of what became The Denver Crew.

It was there where I really 'met' forum people and have never regretted it.

If someone interests you, if their posts intrigue you, send a PM. You may well find yourself new friends, ones you really love.

Ellen, canstandit, frontranger, lauragigs, johnbeene, WLAguy, EDelMar--they were at my wedding, some flew long distances, some drove. I treasure all of them: it all started with a PM.

Even the BBQ at Estes Park.

Use PM's. You won't regret it. All you need are 5 posts and the system is open to you.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe but nothing could be done about it, & if you can't fix it, you've got to stand it

Offline Brokeback_1

• Obsessed
« Reply #544 on: October 19, 2007, 03:42:45 AM »
Now i'm really going here!

Who and how many have I physically met? Away from forum gatherings that is, such as the BBQ the denver crew planned up at estespark?

Tellyouwhat, canstandit,ministering angel, royandronnie,wlaguy, wells,  cactusgal, penthesilea [BM}, frontranger{DC-BM}, ifyoucan'tfixit {bm},johnbeene, lauragigs{BM DC},michaelflanagansf, rodneywy,baycityjohn,edelmar,petetannen,jstephens9[bm dcf J/E], cellardweller,  Miss Annie Proulx. Oh LOL can't leave out Jakey Gyllenhaal's daddy out! OR the dazzling desertrat/Martina of Vienna! roflmao

and that's the start, I have to stop! I've taken trips to LA to visit wlaguy, am going to Arizona to meet the nuts there in the desert, have been to Long Island to meet rodney.
If you are new, keep coming back.
Your life may change, and change for the better.

You will like us.

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #545 on: October 19, 2007, 04:07:46 AM »
And as you can see........... some of us are quite enthusiastic ((((((Jack)))))

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #546 on: October 19, 2007, 09:11:36 AM »

If someone interests you, if their posts intrigue you, send a PM. You may well find yourself new friends, ones you really love.

I sent my first PM on a hot July night 2006, after a lot of musing and writing and re-writing. The title I chose was 'This is a declaration of Love'. I didnt mean I was 'in love' with him.....he was gay (of course LOL!!!!), I meant that I felt him as a brother to me. Then I held my breath and hit 'Send', and went to bed. He wasnt on line, because of the time difference. But he answered quite soon. It changed my life. No exaggeration in saying this. It brought me love, and sorrow, and amusement, thrills, immense heartbreak, new perspectives. I still don't know where this will bring me at the end of this road. I'm gonna fight with teeth and nails to keep the good things that meeting him gave me.

(((hugs)))

PS ....and there are people as well who don't even bother to answer back. >:(....Well this is life too, I suppose! But, guys, can't you be more courageous??? At least say 'Thanks, but Im not interested'! Does it cost you so much??

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #547 on: October 19, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »
I had a text from Catia. Her neighbour used floor wax on the landing stairs, and Catia slipped and fell on her face.... The pain is now bearable and she is home. Not sure if her nose will ever be the same as its still too swollen, but she can breath, and in her words nothing else matters...

Poor thing, but at least she is now home. Have been worried desperately about her... 
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #548 on: October 19, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for support and comments... It really means a lot. It was not easy to open my heart and tell you all what I was really feeling, and on an open internet forum, but whatever the outcome I think this is healing...
 :) 

You know something? You are just sweet. Even pissed off you are cute.

Thanks Jack... Thats really nice :)

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #549 on: October 19, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »
And a slight update from me, albeit by text message...

Earlier I was complaining that I had a really bad cold...

The reply from my Mr BBM, was 'Do I need to spread ashes on Brokeback'

I replied 'Maybe'

And he said 'On Standby'

Am I a fool to hold any hope...? These are just text messages, but that is the second time he has mentioned the film un-prompted...   

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Ellen (tellyouwhat)

• Proulx 101
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • resist the corporate Taliban
« Reply #550 on: October 19, 2007, 02:28:23 PM »

I replied 'Maybe'

And he said 'On Standby'

Am I a fool to hold any hope...? These are just text messages, but that is the second time he has mentioned the film un-prompted...   

Of course you're not a fool to hope --

anyway you couldn't NOT hope, fool or no.

My wish for you is that you can remember he is new to BBM fever and may have to get through an emotional arc with some of it.

I hope your cold is better.  :)   maybe you should text him back -- "too early for ashes"
sometimes I think life is just a rodeo the trick is to ride and make it 'til the bell --john fogerty

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #551 on: October 20, 2007, 03:23:30 AM »
I was thinking (and thank you Mia  :) for reminding me) to invite Mia herself and Ayuni, who joined us only recently, to read and post in the  'BBM impact on women' thread http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8730.1770 who has been sleeping since July.....

No need to read through all the pages.... :D.....But I know for experience that after the first BBM shock we might feel the need for some W2W talk and thoughts-sharing (and all our dear male friends are welcome too, of course  :-*)

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #552 on: October 20, 2007, 04:34:30 AM »
maybe you should text him back -- "too early for ashes"

Thanks... This is a great idea... Next time he mentions it, I will definitely text this back.... :-*

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Rei-gyoku

• Owlet in Contemplation
  • Obsessed
  • Just like this... always.
« Reply #553 on: October 20, 2007, 07:59:35 AM »
maybe you should text him back -- "too early for ashes"

Thanks... This is a great idea... Next time he mentions it, I will definitely text this back.... :-*

Definitely too early.  You have to ignite, burn, and explode first!
Don't worry we have loads of powder kegs all backed up for ya.   ;) :-*

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #554 on: October 20, 2007, 08:44:47 AM »

I replied 'Maybe'

And he said 'On Standby'

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sweetheart)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-