The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 814122 times)

Offline EDelMar

• Experienced
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #615 on: October 26, 2007, 08:12:14 AM »
BTW, is that Scorpio behind Rodney?

Nope, Sagittarius...

:)

-Adam

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #616 on: October 26, 2007, 02:01:52 PM »

[i'm glad there are more people who sometimes feel like me - it makes me feel less weird.]

Thanks for the 'acknowledgment', and no, you aren't weird; I, for one, enjoy your posts  :D

thank you ! ;) :-*

hey michael - my thoughts are with you, positive energy is on it's way over the ocean... ;)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline neatfreak

• Expert
« Reply #617 on: October 26, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »
Nope, Sagittarius...
  -Adam

Of course! The teapot! I don't know what I was thinking when I said Scorpio. My bad.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.  - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline neatfreak

• Expert
« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »
Hey, kublixer, welcome! I went to your profile and read your previous posts too. You've been around for awhile; I'll bet you've been reading a lot. I know how hard it is to reach out, but you've got something very important in common with every person here. Someone here has probably been where you are now. This is a safe place to speak; please post whenever you can.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.  - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #619 on: October 26, 2007, 11:05:01 PM »
Kublixer....

What Betty said  ^^  This IS a safe place, friend.  Thank you for being here.   :-*

-Jackie
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline RodneyWY

• AP's Torch Bearer
  • Obsessed
  • "Voice of Brokeback" (named by Jackie Pascarella)
« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2007, 02:36:16 PM »
Nope, Sagittarius...
  -Adam

Of course! The teapot! I don't know what I was thinking when I said Scorpio. My bad.

Would it help Betty if I told you that I AM a Scorpio who just happened to pose with Sagittarius?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #621 on: October 28, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »
Well, here's an experience I had last night at the wedding.

I was approached by one of my friends, he was also the very first person I came out to.  he was  talking to me about some things, and then he mentioned the fact that I had my shirt unbuttoned down two buttons, and was showing off some chest hair, which is something I had never done before.

from there, the conversation took a more serious turn, and I told him that I kinda felt like that I wasn't spending enough time with "the group", and missing out with them, due to the get togethers with the brokies.  He told me that "the group" had mentioned that, and that they didn't see it that way.

They were all very happy that I have met you (and the bm members), and that I had bonded with people who had some of the same thoughts and issues that I do, that you all could be there for me in ways they couldn't.

He also said that they were watching the changes I've been going through (weight loss, personality, confidence) and were viewng it as my own journey of self growth, and are waiting for the time that I bring that 'special someone' to them to meet.

Went home feeling really good.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:28:37 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #622 on: October 28, 2007, 05:09:05 PM »
...and hopefully really proud of yourself, darling ! because you have every reason to be proud.

i'm glad that your friends are able to be happy for you. they are good friends.  :)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #623 on: October 28, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »
Well, here's an experience I had last night at the wedding.

I was approached by one of my friends, he was also the very first person I came out to.  he was  talking to me about some things, and then he mentioned the fact that I had my shirt unbuttoned down two buttons, and was showing off some chest hair, which is something I had never done before.

from there, the conversation took a more serious turn, and I told him that I kinda felt like that I wasn't spending enough time with "the group", and missing out with them, due to the get togethers with the brokies.  He told me that "the group" had mentioned that, and that they didn't see it that way.

They were all very happy that I have met you (and the bm members), and that I had bonded with people who had some of the same thoughts and issues that I do, that you all could be there for me in ways they couldn't.

He also said that they were watching the changes I've been going through (weight loss, personality, confidence) and were viewng it as my own journey of self growth, and are waiting for the time that I bring that 'special someone' to them to meet.

Went home feeling really good.

I am so happy for you!  You are blessed with very good friends and, as Martina said above, hopefully you are feeling very proud of yourself.
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #624 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »
Those are the BEST friends, Chuck. The kind who take your interests to heart and love and support you, knowing this growth time is good for you, and support you in it. How lucky you are to have them and they you!  :-*
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2007, 04:05:59 AM »
Sounds like the kinda friends to have Chuck. ~~~~~Go Chuck~~~~~ ;D
the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2007, 04:10:20 AM »
Would I be right in assuming that apart from a very few, for most of us, Brokies are the only source of support and encouragement when it comes to all things Brokeback. At best, I'm still regarded with mild amusement and no little incredulity by those that know me. If it wasn't for you lot here I'd implode I think. :)

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2007, 04:16:37 AM »
Would I be right in assuming that apart from a very few, for most of us, Brokies are the only source of support and encouragement when it comes to all things Brokeback. At best, I'm still regarded with mild amusement and no little incredulity by those that know me. If it wasn't for you lot here I'd implode I think. :)

Hi Andy,  I've not yet posted how Brokeback affected me as I'm still trying to sort it all out, but I would agree with your statement above!  My friends (and family) just shake their heads when I reference the film so I've pretty much stopped doing it.  This is my haven here for all things Brokeback.  It has helped a lot to know that there are thousands of people all over the world who were very deeply affected by this film, that I am not alone.  If it wasn't for the people here I don't know what I would do.
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline ayuni

• Experienced
  • The Madame of Swing....Mood Swings...
« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2007, 05:40:51 AM »

Hi Andy,  I've not yet posted how Brokeback affected me as I'm still trying to sort it all out, but I would agree with your statement above!  My friends (and family) just shake their heads when I reference the film so I've pretty much stopped doing it.  This is my haven here for all things Brokeback.  It has helped a lot to know that there are thousands of people all over the world who were very deeply affected by this film, that I am not alone.  If it wasn't for the people here I don't know what I would do.

You (both) took the words right out of my mouth. I would be lost if I thought I was the only one affected by the movie like this...

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2007, 05:49:56 AM »
I'd say we were in the best of company, right? And the level of get togethers and reunions around the world are testament to that!!

Having said that, I did fly with someone recently who was so impressed with my enthusiasm for the movie that she can't wait to see it! I even showed her the publicity booklet with all the stills in and comments. She went through the pages most carefully taking in all the wonderful pics.