The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 817736 times)

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #720 on: November 16, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »
Where is everyone?
A love that will NEVER grow old....

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #721 on: November 16, 2007, 09:34:13 AM »
busy commenting on your article in the east valley tribune, e-mailing the editors, and such.  :D :D
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
  • LOVE is indeed a force of nature.
« Reply #722 on: November 16, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »
Where is everyone?

Bobby: lovely article which you wrote.

The newspaper's system threw me out after reading about the first 10 pages, so I haven't yet been back to finish reading the comments. Want to leave my own as well, but not until I have read them all.  Will of course look forward to Desertrat's input there too.

Will not say anything more here, as I wish to state it all there.
AND the photo which went with the article looked GREAT!
Congratulations all around.
Best wishes: JohnnyX.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!

Offline Brokeback_1

• Obsessed
« Reply #723 on: November 18, 2007, 02:36:01 AM »
busy commenting on your article in the east valley tribune, e-mailing the editors, and such.  :D :D

yep
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe but nothing could be done about it, & if you can't fix it, you've got to stand it

Offline Charline

• Virgin
« Reply #724 on: November 22, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
BBM affected me strangely : even if BBM is just emotion to me, I didn't cry.
I just want to see it over and over again.

The movie is nothing but a masterpiece... the story is wonderfull : I just love these guys, the way they are, sometimes same, sometimes opposites.

I've discovered Brokeback a few days ago and I am still in an emotional storm, but I could hardly put words on my feelings. Very strange.

I wanted to talk about the movie... but 2 years after, there aren't many people left to talk about a movie no longer on charts. But I need to speak, to explain, to analyse, to tell how I feel. And I am still wondering how I could miss that movie...
So I wrote down my feelings : in a way, it was a kind of relief to me cause it has been the only time in days I didn't feel my heart beating faster thinking about the movie.

You don't have to read the following lines, it's not great litterature, there are just my words on their story, they are my relief. If you read them, please be kind, English isn't my mothertongue.

-------------------------------------

Come closer, break your chains, don't be afraid.
I made the first move, I'm with you,
I swear.

Listen to your desire, kiss me.
I am ready, we are together,
I swear.

I know your soul is in pain,
Take my hand and I'll stand it,
I swear.

Be tender, caress me, come.
I'll keep our secret, hidden in our memories,
I swear.

Hold me in your arms, let yourself go.
I believe in us, your fears will vanish in the air,
I swear.

Unveil, open your heart, be yourself.
I know who we are,
I swear.

Call me, want me, let's love.
I'll stand by you,
I swear.

Give me your soul,
Take my body,
Please, swear to me.

Charline

Offline Amiennis

• Little Lamb
  • Obsessed
  • We'll see...
« Reply #725 on: November 22, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »

The movie is nothing but a masterpiece... the story is wonderfull : I just love these guys, the way they are, sometimes same, sometimes opposites.

I've discovered Brokeback a few days ago and I am still in an emotional storm, but I could hardly put words on my feelings. Very strange.

I wanted to talk about the movie... but 2 years after, there aren't many people left to talk about a movie no longer on charts. But I need to speak, to explain, to analyse, to tell how I feel. And I am still wondering how I could miss that movie...
So I wrote down my feelings : in a way, it was a kind of relief to me cause it has been the only time in days I didn't feel my heart beating faster thinking about the movie.

You don't have to read the following lines, it's not great litterature, there are just my words on their story, they are my relief. If you read them, please be kind, English isn't my mothertongue.

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I know who we are,
I swear.

I'll stand by you,
I swear.

Give me your soul,
Take my body,
Please, swear to me.

Charline

God, that is beautiful, Charline - a very warm welcome to the forum!

Marc
"You got no fuckin idea how bad it gets"

Ms Jiminy's Travel Kit/d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-GtMDLlGRI

Ms Jiminy FOREVER

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #726 on: November 22, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »
Thank you so much Charline for writing those wonderful words, coming here and sharing them.

Until I meet you again
a very warm hug!
Mia
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #727 on: November 22, 2007, 07:10:32 PM »
Welcome Charline!!!  Thank you for sharing your thougths and words, and posting them here!

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #728 on: November 22, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »
Beautifully said Charline..  Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us! 
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
  • LOVE is indeed a force of nature.
« Reply #729 on: November 22, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I swear.

I know who we are,
I swear.

I'll stand by you,
I swear.

Give me your soul,
Take my body,
Please, swear to me.

Charline

Hello Charline; and WELCOME to our little therapeutic community.
I do so hope that you will find in here, some of what you are seeking.

If you look around this Forum's offerings, you will see that there are many different "threads" for the various topics of the movie which you want to discuss. Just make sure that you let each of them know on your first posting there that you are NEW to the forum; otherwise many might just make the assumption that you are an old hand; and then their responses will be based on that false assumption.

Well Charline, your native language might not be English, but there is nothing in your wonderful poem to give that indication.

Charline, your poem is BEAUTIFUL.  I just hope that the man who I love will come here and read it. Or, perhaps Chuck might take it over to Bettermost and post it on his blog there, where he will be sure to see it. What a beautiful piece of art you have created there Charlene! Thank you so much for enriching MY life with your art.

I usually crop someone else's posting when I reply to it; but in this case, I wanted all of your post to be with my reply. WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME! May you find comfort in this place.

Best wishes: JohnnyX.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #730 on: November 22, 2007, 08:03:33 PM »
charline...

let me add my welcome.  as you read through these pages, if you choose to, you will be able to chart our journey through those emotional reactions and find some similar, and many different experiences.  feel free to inhabit them all.  you can have all the BBM conversation here you could ever want, including what we have made of the journey, and at any time of the day or night it is convenient to you.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #731 on: November 22, 2007, 08:39:28 PM »
Charline, welcome.  We have been lucky enough to find each other here, over the last 2 years, and know how tough it is when the film first punches you in the heart! 

Please, let us know if we can help in any way. 

Your poem is lovely, and such a perfect reflection of our Ennis and Jack.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

-Jackie
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline Brokeback_1

• Obsessed
« Reply #732 on: November 23, 2007, 03:51:41 AM »
Charline you're in the right place!
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe but nothing could be done about it, & if you can't fix it, you've got to stand it

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #733 on: November 23, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »
Charline!

I so want you to post your first posts. I think it will take four, before I can send a pm to you, and you can answer.
I want to do that!
I am also new here, six weeks only since this thing happened to me.

Hugs once again
Mia
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #734 on: November 23, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
I got the advice to post this here - so here it goes.

I do want to talk about the (how shall I put this?) things I am now experiencing, processing in my mind as this story is new to me and affects me so much. And I need to say that the short story don't hold any answers for me right now. I stopped reading after a few pages. Maybe this is still so new to me I can't take it in. Maybe the impact of the film is too strong.

The strangest dream made me wake up in the middle of the night. I couldn't go back to sleep. Midwinter night is close, only a month ahead. Hours after hours of thick, silent darkness. It's a kind of darkness were all life stands still, were there seem to be no ability to move. I was awake, the dream was still with me, the past meeting present from the dream was still going on. It was all clear to me and the darkness made it all surreal, as I was awake and in a strange way still dreaming.

It was clear to me that - in the light of the story as told by Lee, Ledger, Gyllenhaal and the rest of the filmmakers based on the short story of Proulx – I have to go on a journey through all the true meetings, connections I've made in my life and of the losses. I also have to go on a journey through every image of this film in the light of... In the light of me or of my inner self... In the light of my dreams or subconscious processes...

The words are hard for me to find.

In this dream I met the boy I had my first longtime relationship with as a teenager - a relationship completely on his terms as he was a few years older than me. I had to accept a ‘free’ relationship, he wanted to date other girls. (I haven't met him for decades and I never think about him anymore). In the dream we were far out in the archipelago on an island. We were in a big white house on a cliff close to the sea. I couldn't recognize him at first as we were both so much older. So I had to ask for his name. Our families were there too. He had a wife and a small child. I introduced him to my husband but he couldn't for some reason let his wife say hello to me. Secretly he gave me some drug as a gift(!!!). Me and my family left and we said good bye.

My first conscious thought was Jack and Ennis. Then I realized the dream was as real as if I had actually met my old boyfriend again. Apart from being my first relationship I can not say he means that much to me. Maybe that is why I could dream this, if that makes sense. This was only the beginning, scratching the surface of what I have to face now that I am processing Brokeback Mountain in my mind. I think it will be a lot about goodbyes for me now.

So I think of  the goodbyes between Jack and Ennis. All with parallells in my life. Leaving Brokeback Mountain is one. I see Jack pretending not to care it affects him having to leave the mountain and Ennis who can't deal with it. As I understand from reading posts on different threads the short story is far from what I see in the film.  The last scene together with the DE is a goodbye scene, of course. The rest of the movie is too much for me to handle right now...

I so want to talk about this on the forum, but I am not sure where. I don't know in what thread that would fit in... So I try it here...