The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Last Scene w/ Ennis and Jack Together  (Read 761488 times)

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
Re: Last Scene w/ Ennis and Jack Together
« Reply #7230 on: August 28, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
... Jack was lucky to die so soon.

:o  :o

Whaaaaaaaat? Yes, I know  we're talking about fictional characters here, but... whoa!

*shakes head*

Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline QuickSilverA

• Feet Wet
« Reply #7231 on: August 29, 2013, 12:02:24 AM »
Pardon my insolence on my last comment, I did not mean to offend anyone in here. Watching the movie for the 2nd time since it first came out almost a decade ago has triggered all kinds of nonsense b.s. I just got my BBM DVD blue ray today via cheap Amazon, and has been watching darn movie all day. Last scene with Ennis and Jack realizing that was going nowhere just broke my heart. Walking like zombie amongst the Saguaros here. Am I experiencing BBM post-traumatic stress disorder here?   Any cure yet other than rolling eyes?  he he!    ::)

Offline janjo

• Obsessed
« Reply #7232 on: August 29, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »
We all have it, or have had it. Who would have thought that a film could have such an effect.
Brokeback short stories at storybyjanjo.livejournal.com

"Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?"
Ballad in plain D: Bob Dylan

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #7233 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:37 AM »
Pardon my insolence on my last comment, I did not mean to offend anyone in here. Watching the movie for the 2nd time since it first came out almost a decade ago has triggered all kinds of nonsense b.s. I just got my BBM DVD blue ray today via cheap Amazon, and has been watching darn movie all day. Last scene with Ennis and Jack realizing that was going nowhere just broke my heart. Walking like zombie amongst the Saguaros here. Am I experiencing BBM post-traumatic stress disorder here?   Any cure yet other than rolling eyes?  he he!    ::)

And isn't that blu-ray just the bee's knees? I love the detail it gives of our boys - the locations, the threads on their clothing as well as the sheeps' back. Sorry, off topic here.

the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline QuickSilverA

• Feet Wet
« Reply #7234 on: August 29, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
And isn't that blu-ray just the bee's knees? I love the detail it gives of our boys - the locations, the threads on their clothing as well as the sheeps' back. Sorry, off topic here.

Yes andi, becauz of  blue-ray I can also in more details Jack's hairy legs washing dem cloths in the river...his sad face watching Ennis drive away forever is a killer too. Stupid Jack!

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #7235 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »
Seeing Jack's young and hopeful face after the Dozy Embrace - and then the older Jack, bitter and hurt... it breaks my heart that's the last image we get to see of him in the film  :-\  :'(

I have to say Jake's acting totally convinces me at that point. The monologue (from "Try this one - and I'll say it just once" on)... he blows me away! Some critics have said both Heath and Jake weren't very convincible as older men. But let me tell you, there isn't even a glimpse of Jake in that scene - he's Jack. Totally.

It must be that moustache  ;)

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #7236 on: August 30, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »
When I first saw the movie and it hadn't yet taken hold of me, I remember being confused at this scene and not till it was over did I realise what had happened.

I agree, BJD, Jake really nails it here as, of course, does Heath. A most powerful piece of ensemble acting, all built on what is undeniably a crucial part of the story put so beautifully together by Diana and Larry.

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #7237 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:35 AM »
Re DE and having recently been on Planet Heath Ledger - http://www.heathledgerplanet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=401&start=1840 - where I read the theory that Jack's recollection of the DE was because it was the furthest that they had gone during their whole time on the mountain and he was recalling it as something to treasure. I'm astounded that after all these years I'm still learning more about our story.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #7238 on: February 07, 2014, 07:06:50 AM »
Andy, I discovered that website yesterday and spent quite a lot of time on that exact same "Brokeback Mountain Discussion Thread"  :D  And I thought I'd already read all there is to know on this forum...

*shakes head*

Oh boy. Brokeback got me good!

Offline trailerslash

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #7239 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »
Andy and BJD, tx for the heads-up! There's some great stuff on that forum. They even have a full transcription of the opera. Nice to see a little bit of the 'torquing'.

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
  • ...just like this...always
« Reply #7240 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
We all have it, or have had it. Who would have thought that a film could have such an effect.

This is so true.

Kathy   
"Tell you what...the truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it".

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #7241 on: June 18, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
Re DE and having recently been on Planet Heath Ledger - http://www.heathledgerplanet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=401&start=1840 - where I read the theory that Jack's recollection of the DE was because it was the furthest that they had gone during their whole time on the mountain and he was recalling it as something to treasure. I'm astounded that after all these years I'm still learning more about our story.

Just browsing through old threads ........  :D