The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Heath  (Read 751487 times)

Offline ruth

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
Re: Let's Get Serious About Heath
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
Hey all, any folks here have this magazine "First" accessible? They don't sell it around my neck of the woods. It says the latest ish has a picture article about Heath and I was kinda hoping for a scan or recap, if anyone has seen it:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/presspublishing/comment/0,,2166319,00.html

Offline pickle

• Obsessed
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
Hey all, any folks here have this magazine "First" accessible? They don't sell it around my neck of the woods. It says the latest ish has a picture article about Heath and I was kinda hoping for a scan or recap, if anyone has seen it:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/presspublishing/comment/0,,2166319,00.html

Hello Ruth,  :)
I've  just got back from local shopping and browsed that magazine.
As it's been criticised here in the article; But the "hard news" bit sits uneasily between celebrity spreads featuring Hell's Kitchen's Kelly LeBrock - hasn't she changed since Woman in Red! - and picture stories about Heath Ledger and Brad Pitt.
The all article about Heath in this new magazine, was about him and Micehlle's break-up with their  (old we've seen everywhere) Oscar red carpet photo with 'It's over!!' headline in the gossip section page.  >:(

So there's no dissappointment at all for you not having an access for this silly gosship magazine at all.
I was glad the shop assistant allowed me to browsed it all pages to decide not even the worth paying for it .
"I lived in the Twilight world for about four years. That's a very long time that demands a lot of patience on your part.
"Thank God, I had the opportunity to do smaller movies like The Runaways, Welcome to the Rileys and On the Road in between. Otherwise I'd probably have turned mad."
 Kristen Stewart

Offline ruth

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:38 AM »
Ah! Thanks Pickle, very good to know (and know to give it a miss the next time something from this mag pops up).  I'm glad they didn't make you pay for it before looking too! :)

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »
I confess I was reading some trash in the supermarket today, one of the "split" articles. I wouldn't bother buying any magaziines for the lightweight rubbish that's being recycled.

Offline ruth

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »
Yummy review of "I'm Not There":  Doesn't have much to say about Heath but what he says is nice:

http://www.filmfest.ca/2007tiff/06.html

"..and Heath Ledger was unrecognizable to me, so deep was he into the character he was portraying."

What, that's it? Well, we knew that.

Offline ruth

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »
And another one! Woot.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/torontofilmfestival/2007/09/harveys-blanche.html

"As for Ledger, he portrays a Dylan infatuated with the fame of making movies concurrent with the breakdown of his marriage.

Ledger doesn't try to mimic Dylan like co-Dylan Christian Bale does, but he completely conveys the frustration between his personal and professional lives during the early '70s.

It's another nice turn in Ledger's growing body of excellent work."

• Obsessed
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2007, 05:37:39 AM »
That's a good one. Growing body of excellent work. Now there's a reviewer who's been paying attention, unlike the one who didn't recognise him. He's clearly not seen how Heath works. I saw a few shorts clips last night which just make waiting even worse. And he'll barely be on screen before he's gone again!

Offline Queen_Beruthiel

• Expert
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »
You missed this bit from The Envelope:

n this accomplished and fascinating look at the life of Bob Dylan -- as played by six different actors, including Christian Bale, Richard Gere, Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger -- the best "Dylans," by far, are the two Aussies.

:)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »
I hope that  the great reviews he's been getting/has received for Brokeback, Candy, and I'm Not There carry over to his Joker role.

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »
 Entertainment

News - Music, movie & Entertainment
Heath Ledger is dating Helena Christensen, according to reports.
 Print article 
 Refer to a friend 
Movie & Entertainment News provided by bangshowbiz.biz

2007-09-13 13:35:08 -

The 'Brokeback Mountain' actor – who only confirmed his split from Michelle Williams, the mother of his baby daughter, last week – couldn't keep his hands off the 38-year-old Danish supermodel as they shared a romantic meal at New York's Wakiya restaurant on Tuesday night (11.09.07).
A fellow diner told the New York Post newspaper: 'They were making out throughout the dinner. Later, he even held her bag for her as she did interviews.' The smitten pair then went to the after-party for Naomi Watts and Viggo Mortensen's new movie 'Eastern Promises' at the Soho Grand hotel.
There they rubbed shoulders with Viggo, Moby, director David Cronenberg, Woody Harrelson, Kate Bosworth, Salman Rushdie, LL Cool J and Tommy Hilfiger, before continuing to party the night away at the Spotted Pig nightclub.
Heath, 28, and Michelle, 26, are believed to have spent months apart after 23-month-old daughter Matilda was born and close friends and family were not surprised when they called time on their relationship.
Heath and Michelle met on the set of 'Brokeback Mountain' in 2004 - a month after the Australian actor ended his two-year relationship with Naomi Watts.
Helena was most recently rumoured to be dating Josh Hartnett after they were spotted canoodling at various New York nightspots.
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »

From PAGE SIX in the New Your Post

September 12, 2007 -- HEATH Ledger isn't letting any grass grow under his feet since his split with Michelle Williams. The "Brokeback Mountain" star crashed the Another magazine party at the Bowery Hotel over the weekend with three Aussie mates. "He was in a ridiculously happy mood and drank Ballatore champagne all night. He ordered it throughout the dinner," our spy said. Other revelers at the private bash included Chloe Sevigny, Helena Christensen and Amy Sacco.
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline Nelly

• Obsessed
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2007, 05:42:29 AM »
Poor Heath.  :)

Now that he is free, I wish the media don’t speculate all the time about him.
he felt alone and happy and absolutely free
(the man who walked between the Towers)

• Obsessed
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2007, 06:08:48 AM »
So much for the Serious thread! Not that I'm complaining.

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted or not, if so ... here it is again !

Believe the hype on 'I'm Not There'
REVIEW FROM TORONTO
LA Times: The Envelope
September 11, 2007

Woody Allen's "Cassandra's Dream" is clearly one of the worst films the auteur has made in years.

The dialog is atrocious. Scene after scene feels like a bad "Saturday Night Live" skit. Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor must have been wondering what they were getting into after signing on to this one.

Luckily for the fortunes of the Weinstein Co., they screened a much better movie immediately after: Todd Haynes' "I'm Not There."

In this accomplished and fascinating look at the life of Bob Dylan -- as played by six different actors, including Christian Bale, Richard Gere, Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger -- the best "Dylans," by far, are the two Aussies.

Under the pseudonym "Jude," Blanchett plays Dylan as he travels with his band to London in the early '60s. BlanchettpinkIt is there that the singer gets flack from both fans and critics for changing his sound.

This portion of the film, which is intercut with the five other story-lines, is inspired by the Beatles' 1964 film "A Hard Day's Night." It is hands-down the most entertaining and compelling portion of the picture.

The film's outspoken distributor, Harvey Weinstein, had relentlessly pumped up Blanchett before the "I'm Not There" premiere at the Venice Film Festival. But this time, it wasn't just Harvey bluster -- she is phenomenal.

At times you completely forget it's the same actor who was parading around on screen a few days earlier as the Queen of England in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" or that a woman is so believably playing a male role (really).

And as for Oscar? Her chances are probably better in the best supporting actress race than best actress, but the potential for a nod and a win are there.

As for Ledger, he portrays a Dylan infatuated with the fame of making movies concurrent with the breakdown of his marriage.

Ledger doesn't try to mimic Dylan like co-Dylan Christian Bale does, but he completely conveys the frustration between his personal and professional lives during the early '70s.

It's another nice turn in Ledger's growing body of excellent work.

-- Gregory Ellwood

Offline lovebbm

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
  • Beautiful New England
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2007, 09:21:05 AM »
I'm really eager to see this movie.  When is its general release date??
Good for Heath.  I hope he continues to do great stuff despite the turbulence in his own lifel.