The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Heath  (Read 751791 times)

Offline Serendipity

• Obsessed
Re: Let's Get Serious About Heath
« Reply #480 on: March 04, 2008, 08:24:30 AM »
I don't know if this post should go on this thread or Planet Heath but here goes, anyway....

It's Tuesday.  Every Tuesday since Heath died I find myself thinking, One week ago today...two weeks ago today...etc.  Well, now it's six weeks.  It's not a conscious thing--it just happens.  And of course a month from today is Heath's birthday.  I just feel so helpless and enraged whenever I think of this beautiful man and so despondent when I think of the pain he was going through.  I just can't bear to watch any of his films just yet.  As I wrote recently, just looking at the front of the DVD of A KNIGHT'S TALE with Heath in all his curly blond beauty, looking fierce but not obnoxiously so, made me cry.  Time will help but I just felt a deep melancholy today and just had to post my feelings.  Thanks for bearing with me.

Mark 

People grieve in different ways. Some people feel a pain so great they are too afraid to go there. Others wallow, poke at those raw feelings like a toothache. Sorry you are feeling sad. Many hugs and thoughts and hope you feel better soon.
"Serendipity is to look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for." Lawrence Block

Offline Serendipity

• Obsessed
« Reply #481 on: March 04, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »
Heath also danced in BBM, Knight's Tale, Four Feathers, Casanova, 10 things....
"Serendipity is to look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for." Lawrence Block

Offline trekfan

• Obsessed
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »
He sang in 10 Things and Lords of Dogtown (and hummed in BBM) 
"don't cry because it's over but smile because it
happened."

Offline Serendipity

• Obsessed
« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
I didn't like Casanova when I first saw it but on further viewing I think it is soooo funny. Heath was quite effeminate and mincing in it and sooooo hilarious - he has a spot on sense of comic timing. . My favourite line is 'it's impossible for him to look any worse......... Good God you've achieved the impossible'. Every time I see it I find something else to chuckle at.

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »
Rufus Wainwright jokes about Heath's death.

Wainwright on Heath Ledger's death:

"I wrote this song for Rivers Phoenix when he died. Now I sort of see it as Heath Ledger's song. Like my friend said, 'They always die after playing a gay person."

http://boards.rufuswainwright.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=546398&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

(I am appalled that a Gay Man would joke about Heath's death after what Heath did for the gay comunity!)
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline Hasse

• Obsessed
  • Kärleken är en naturkraft
« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2008, 01:12:41 AM »
(and he hums in BBM too, twice)

Hi Mini!  :)

Really? He hums twice? Where apart from the "sleeping on your feet like a horse" scene?
“Normal people. Wonder where they live and what they look like?" Mike Brown in JANKIT by bailey

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »
(and he hums in BBM too, twice)

Hi Mini!  :)

Really? He hums twice? Where apart from the "sleeping on your feet like a horse" scene?

He's humming right before he encounters the bear when he's bringing their food back to camp. :)
Forever more at whatever cost...

Offline Nelly

• Obsessed
« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2008, 01:38:08 AM »
Rufus Wainwright jokes about Heath's death.

Wainwright on Heath Ledger's death:

"I wrote this song for Rivers Phoenix when he died. Now I sort of see it as Heath Ledger's song. Like my friend said, 'They always die after playing a gay person."

http://boards.rufuswainwright.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=546398&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

(I am appalled that a Gay Man would joke about Heath's death after what Heath did for the gay comunity!)

Roco  :-*

I think that this “joke” was a kind of black humour (not very clever perhaps) with the shadow of sorrow below the surface. 

At least this was my impression when I read it.
he felt alone and happy and absolutely free
(the man who walked between the Towers)

Offline Hasse

• Obsessed
  • Kärleken är en naturkraft
« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2008, 01:46:11 AM »
He's humming right before he encounters the bear when he's bringing their food back to camp. :)

Really? As many times as I've watched BBM I've never noticed that!! Actually I watched it last night for the first time since Heath's death. It wasn't as painfull as I thought it would be allthough the tears started coming at the end with Ennis in his trailer. I couldn't help but feel the similarity, Ennis alone in his trailer, Heath alone in his apartment.  :'( 

Edited to fix quote
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:46:34 AM by BrokenOkie »
“Normal people. Wonder where they live and what they look like?" Mike Brown in JANKIT by bailey

Offline Serendipity

• Obsessed
« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2008, 04:04:59 AM »
He hums quite nicely in the bear scene I thought!

Offline Ben Franklin

• Experienced
« Reply #490 on: March 05, 2008, 04:23:39 AM »
Yes, in the bear scene he hums "Streets of Laredo" aka "A Cowboy's Lament", a sad song about a dying young cowboy.

Offline Ennis Del Mark

• Obsessed
  • The first sign of life in four years...
« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2008, 06:40:12 AM »
How ironic...

Mark

Offline Marz

• heaths little angel
  • Obsessed
« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »
Heath also danced in BBM, Knight's Tale, Four Feathers, Casanova, 10 things....

he danced in borthers grimm as well at the end
John 'Marz' Wayne

Offline DancesWithChows

• Obsessed
  • Where Men Are Men & Sheep Breathe a Sigh of Relief
« Reply #493 on: March 06, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
Hi.

I usually hang out in Le Bar Slash/Discussion & Recommendation threads of The Juicy Bits, but this seemed like the best place to post this.

One of our local newspaper writers had a very insightfull column today regarding Heath's life and death and the Tabloid feeding frenzy/rush to judgment; it was also posted on his blog, which means I can share it with you all.

http://www.myspace.com/seanleary007

I also wrote him a quick e-mail, thanking him for his insight and fair-mindedness.

-Mary
Jack and Ennis.... they're like a couple of Uncles that you've heard about all your life but only actually met once or twice --- and yet, you love them dearly....

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2008, 05:18:54 AM »
A beautiful thoughtful article.

It should be on the front page of every newspaper in the country!

Thanks!
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER