The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Heath  (Read 748154 times)

Offline Thunder88

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
Re: Let's Get Serious About Heath
« Reply #510 on: March 08, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »
Agreed, I don't think that Matilda will have to worry for any reason.

And, in some bizarre way, this lack of planning on his part reinforces the belief in me that he didn't leave us intentionally. That he wanted to be around for while longer but the universe had other plans.

(((((Heath)))))

...rewarm that old. cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong. AP, BBM

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #511 on: March 08, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
Apart from in those few frantic first hours, when everything was up in the air, I never believed he had any intention of deliberately opting out. I could never see him doing that to the child he loved so much. And while I know plenty of people do, Heath just didn't strike me as one of them, even in his lowest moments.

Offline Thunder88

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
He didn't strike me that way either. He just seemed too involved in the world to suddenly say, forget it. And I don't think that leaving his child would of been an option for him.

(((((Heathens)))))))
...rewarm that old. cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong. AP, BBM

Offline cem

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2008, 06:55:31 PM »
One of the advantages of holding assets in either a private corporation or a trust is that the assets become invisible to the general public.  A will and probate proceedings are public record.  The assets listed in the newspaper account would be those that Heath Ledger owned in his name and thus covered by his will.  If the rest of the assets are held in a trust, the trustee(s) determine(s)  how (and if) the assets are to be distributed. 

I'm assuming you are right, but my guess is a large part of the estate was not placed into a trust.  I assume his two biggest films in terms salary were Brokeback Mountain and The Dark Knight.  Brokeback is and will continue generate money to take care of Matilda because Heath had a backend deal with that film.  Often times Hollywood accountants play some special games with numbers, but James Schamus said the film cost so little that the first week of wide release it recouped it's budget.  While his salary for the Dark Knight should've been at least in the 7 million-10 million dollar range unless he had a bad agent. 

I'm just glad that Matilda will be taken care of and I'm sure that his family and Michelle will not end up in court fight over his estate. 

Offline trekfan

• Obsessed
« Reply #514 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »
I don't see Heath as wanting to leave either.   He had so much on his plate. He was moving onto directing. He already had plans forming to direct and act in "Queen's Gambit"  he had approached Ellen Page to be a part of it.     And I can't see him EVER wanting to leave Matilda.   She was his pride and joy. 

I wasn't sure if he had made a will,  but I figured that any part of his estate would go to her.

I don't know if Heath made that much money with BBM or Knight's tale.

But I know his estate will be getting a chunk of change from TDK (and the merchandise too)

"don't cry because it's over but smile because it
happened."

Offline Thunder88

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
« Reply #515 on: March 08, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
I don't see Heath as wanting to leave either.   He had so much on his plate. He was moving onto directing. He already had plans forming to direct and act in "Queen's Gambit"  he had approached Ellen Page to be a part of it.     And I can't see him EVER wanting to leave Matilda.   She was his pride and joy. 

I wasn't sure if he had made a will,  but I figured that any part of his estate would go to her.

I don't know if Heath made that much money with BBM or Knight's tale.

But I know his estate will be getting a chunk of change from TDK (and the merchandise too)

There was a comment released (as best I can tell) from Kim Ledger indicating that Matilda and Michelle will both be taken care of, called Michelle are part of their family

I'll see if I can find the link. His family impresses me so much, no wonder Heath was a class act.

Terry

Offline Thunder88

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
« Reply #516 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »

Offline magicmountain

• Obsessed
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #517 on: March 09, 2008, 06:32:43 AM »
This article was reprinted the Weekend Australian magazine.

http://nymag.com/news/features/44217/
The power of Love came into me
and I became fierce like a lion
then tender like the evening star - Rumi

Offline frunner

• Obsessed
« Reply #518 on: March 09, 2008, 06:50:46 AM »
This article was reprinted the Weekend Australian magazine.
http://nymag.com/news/features/44217/

Hi, magic, that article was already featured in The Daily Sheet from March 1, 2008:
http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=29072.msg1211632#msg1211632

Offline Marz

• heaths little angel
  • Obsessed
« Reply #519 on: March 09, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »
theres no way heath would of left matilda he loved her too much
John 'Marz' Wayne

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #520 on: March 09, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »
Cast of IMT getting their Indi Spirit ensemble Award, Haynes praises Heath's music vids and talks about the first film Heath wanted to direct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fI7KcDKGLo
Heath fan forever

Offline friend

• Expert
« Reply #521 on: March 09, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
Cast of IMT getting their Indi Spirit ensemble Award, Haynes praises Heath's music vids and talks about the first film Heath wanted to direct:

I couldnt stop the tears watching that
Thanks for the link ynnaf

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #522 on: March 09, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »
You are welcome! Heath had so many talents... acting, directing, sports, chess. Very admirable. It's so sad he's gone! :(
Heath fan forever

Offline sparklemotion

• Experienced
« Reply #523 on: March 09, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »
Here's a link to another video directed by Heath. (apologies if it had been posted here before, it was new to me)
Ben Harper - Reason To Mourn
Heath's other videos (B. Harper, Nfa) are linked on this page, too.

Offline gres

• Obsessed
  • An eye for an eye will make us all blind. M.Ghandi
« Reply #524 on: March 09, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

I couldnt stop the tears watching that
Thanks for the link ynnaf

It ripped my heart watch this  :'(
It is me, baby Gres and i'm in bed sleeping...that is why mom is around doing  some foruming  ;D