The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Heath  (Read 751547 times)

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
Re: Let's Get Serious About Heath
« Reply #615 on: March 14, 2008, 08:35:53 AM »
http://www.heathbaby.com/k2news/Archive.php?Action=ShowNews&NewsID=470

"Hannah has very blond hair so they had to darken it. They got half of it done in the make-up trailer when she leapt out of the chair and refused to continue.

"Heath walked in and completely calmed her down. It was remarkable. It was the beginning of a great trust and friendship between them."

Stewart recalls one day he and Hannah were sitting on the steps of her trailer when Ledger passed by.

"Hannah just nonchalantly called him daddy. Heath buckled over laughing."

One of Hannah's major scenes was filmed in Fort McLeod.

Ledger had his motorcycle shipped in from L.A. and had been polishing it for hours when Hannah came over and asked if she could help.

"He gave her a rag and she proceeded to undo most of what he'd accomplished. He found the humour in it," says Stewart.
Heath fan forever

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #616 on: March 14, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »
Sweet. So that was Hannah Stewart, the little moppet who played Alma Junior aged three. Daddy, bring big fish.

Offline trekfan

• Obsessed
« Reply #617 on: March 14, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

This is an article by the screenwriter of Queen's Gambit,  which was to be Heath's directorial debut

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/film-and-tv/features/heath-ledger--a-prophetic-tragedy-795344.html
"don't cry because it's over but smile because it
happened."

Offline Nadine

• Obsessed
  • Ain't never enough time...never enough!
« Reply #618 on: March 14, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Sweet. So that was Hannah Stewart, the little moppet who played Alma Junior aged three. Daddy, bring big fish.

No wonder Hannah's relationship with Ennis as little Alma was so sweet,natural and charming as she obviously adored Heath behind the scenes too. It was really moving how she clung to a weeping Michelle too as Alma watched Jack and Ennis leave.Every casting decision for BBM was just perfect,almost pre-ordained,if I'm not getting too carried away(and there are those who say that I should be!).
"It's not a smile...it's the lid on a scream"
Another out and proud member of The Gylledge People ;-) Thanks MYSM

Sometimes,Heath,we miss you so much we can hardly stand it :-(

Offline MountainMouse

• Banned
  • Obsessed
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #619 on: March 14, 2008, 10:17:21 PM »
REM's Michael Stipe pays tribute to Heath Ledger at SXSW http://www.nme.com/news/sxsw/35111

REM frontman Michael Stipe paid tribute to Heath Ledger during the band's rousing set at South by Southwest tonight (March 12). Stipe dedicated the new song 'Until The Day Is Done' to the actor (...). "This is dedicated to Heath Ledger, who loved this song," he said, ending the song by shouting, "Goodbye Heath, we loved you!"

I've been trying to get hold of the lyrics for this ballad, to get a bit closer to what he liked and therefore what he was like.
Not much luck, the album is still to come out so no official lyrics as such, but got hold of this 'reconstruction'

Until The Day is Done

The battles been lost the war was not won
The battle republic had built a refund
Business first flatters ???
The good and desired come choose your ???

Providence blinked he’s in the sun
Where are we left to carry on
Until the day is done
Until the day is done

So we’ve written our stories to entertain
These notions of glory of  bull market
The teleprompt flutters the power surge breaks
The ? message falls into routine

Providence blinked he’s in the sun
Until the day is done
Until the day is done

What’s the  ??
What’s the pigeon calls
What have I done what have I done?

So hold tight your babies and your governments
For God will be with us the best yet to come

Providence blinked, he’s in the sun
Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done
Until the day is done

I dunno, but some of the words really freak me out in light of his death and resonate with what you've been guys contributing here.
MM
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:27:08 PM by MountainMouse »

Offline CANSTANDIT

• Obsessed
  • Special Brokeback Victims Unit
« Reply #620 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »
Oscar buzz for the Joker has started already I see....

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23361048-10388,00.html

Honestly the Oscars don’t mean much to me after both BBM and Heath were outrageously snubbed two years ago but I would be very happy if he got one for the Joker because I think he will definitely kick ass in TDK… we’ll see.  :)

I can look at his Joker, rather objectively, and what I saw, just in body language and his silences and his movements in the first 6 minutes of the movie, I saw what people have said: he's done something NEW. This is always a great Oscar attractor.

Offline magicmountain

• Obsessed
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #621 on: March 15, 2008, 04:30:44 AM »
This article appeared in today's Australian newspaper featuring comments about Heath by Michelle and Naomi Watts since his loss.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23374218-2702,00.html

The power of Love came into me
and I became fierce like a lion
then tender like the evening star - Rumi

Offline lauren

• Obsessed
« Reply #622 on: March 15, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »

An article about a second will, posted today:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/film/ledger-feud-grows-over-second-will/2008/03/15/1205472100775.html

SOME of Heath Ledger's relatives may be planning a legal challenge against his will after it emerged the actor may have written a second will after his daughter was born, leaving most of his multimillion-dollar fortune to her....

....Ledger's second will, which is understood to be unsigned, was reportedly drawn up after Matilda's birth.

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #623 on: March 15, 2008, 01:34:33 PM »
Christian Bale and Nolan speak about Heath:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjU83IpwBU
Heath fan forever

Offline cazzyj

• Missing our absent Whisperer
  • Obsessed
  • The white trash of slash
« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2008, 02:06:40 PM »
Christian Bale and Nolan speak about Heath:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjU83IpwBU

OMG I can't wait for this movie!  bittersweet but excited nonetheless  :-\ :'(
"If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever" 

Get up, get out, get away from these liars.
Cause they don't get your soul, or your fire.
- Snow Patrol

Offline Marz

• heaths little angel
  • Obsessed
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
http://www.heathbaby.com/k2news/Archive.php?Action=ShowNews&NewsID=470

"Hannah has very blond hair so they had to darken it. They got half of it done in the make-up trailer when she leapt out of the chair and refused to continue.

"Heath walked in and completely calmed her down. It was remarkable. It was the beginning of a great trust and friendship between them."

Stewart recalls one day he and Hannah were sitting on the steps of her trailer when Ledger passed by.

"Hannah just nonchalantly called him daddy. Heath buckled over laughing."

One of Hannah's major scenes was filmed in Fort McLeod.

Ledger had his motorcycle shipped in from L.A. and had been polishing it for hours when Hannah came over and asked if she could help.

"He gave her a rag and she proceeded to undo most of what he'd accomplished. He found the humour in it," says Stewart.

aww he was so perfect
he was even good with kids before matilda was born!
and what would hannahs major scene have been?
John 'Marz' Wayne

• Obsessed
« Reply #626 on: March 15, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »
Either the reunion morning after or the supermarket, I'd guess.

• Obsessed
« Reply #627 on: March 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
Thanks for the link about the second will, Lauren. I hate to see this sort of shit hit the news. I'm sure Heath would be cringing.

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #628 on: March 15, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »
Thanks for the link about the second will, Lauren. I hate to see this sort of shit hit the news. I'm sure Heath would be cringing.

He certainly would, he was so private! I wish his uncles wouldn't be so public about it! The family should deal with this privately!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:05:26 PM by ynnaf »
Heath fan forever

Offline ynnaf

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #629 on: March 15, 2008, 05:31:31 PM »
Amy Pascal:  "He was always introducing you to 3,000 mates whose names you can’t remember."

Philip Seymour Hoffman:  "Heath didn’t have the cynicism that this business can eventually put upon people, or the pretension that certain artists can carry with them sometimes. He had a really honest quality about him. He obviously had never lost his wide-eyed optimism."

Michelle Williams:  "I think that the interesting thing about Heath, which maybe people have only really fully discovered in his death, is how vulnerable he was. You can pick up on it in his performances, but it’s easy to overlook because he was so physical and beautiful and strong and masculine. But there was always that underlying sensitivity. That’s who he was."

Sean Penn:  "Heath was not simply a quiet and gifted actor who liked to go surfing, though that is how I primarily knew him in life. In the time we spent together, we spoke a bit about family, about travels, but most of all, about film.Yet, in his unassuming way, he never revealed to me the visual poet of the first order who I discovered watching the film clips he directed, music videos and such, after his death. His talent does speak volumes of the kind man, the loving father, and, in fact, the brilliant and gifted guy I really missed out on—that we all did, in the long run. Heath might have been a giant."

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/hum/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2e0657c9-9f6a-4436-af27-79e0b3ae857b&sid=fd-hum
Heath fan forever