The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How the Dave Cullen Forum Has Affected Me  (Read 172202 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: How the Dave Cullen Forum Has Affected Me
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:22 AM »
Happy Anniversary Maya!  :-*

Offline janjo

• Obsessed
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2009, 05:33:56 AM »
Happy Anniversary to Lovely, Amazing, Maya. :-* :-* :-*
Brokeback short stories at storybyjanjo.livejournal.com

"Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?"
Ballad in plain D: Bob Dylan

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
  • There are places we can't return
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:34 AM »
Thanks Chuck :-* Thanks Jess :-*

Instead of a post about me, I thought I'd honor this day by sharing something about others  from my neck of the woods. India is rising and shining. In the face of so much foot-dragging and political wrangling, our movement is alive and well.

The slide show here will tell you just how!
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/slideshow_saying-it-with-pride_1269481

As I've journeyed for 3 years with my lovely Brokie family, it's great to know that so many others have moved forward and found solace, support and solidarity in their own ways in their pockets of this vast country.

The other link I want to share is a blog post from a recent cyberfriend in Bangalore, covering the pride. And to draw your attention to the comments.

http://sanjukta.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/bangalore-queer-pride-march09-a-report

A woman Indira has commented showing you the kind of ignorance we deal with (hardly different across the globe is it?) and a brave and articulate 17 year old kid called Firebolt has taken her on!  When there are kids like that around, you know there's hope.
Please do read it and comment if you feel like.

Thanks to my journey on the forum I traveled a road that led me to an intersection with all these amazing other pathways  from different sources. Who would have ever know back then in 2006? It's incredible that we are all under the same rainbow sky!
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything
you believe about yourself"

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
Re: Three Years Already?
« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2009, 06:01:45 AM »
Today's my three year anniversary on the forum. I haven't forgotten I was speechless for the first week ;) Strangely I am speechless all over again today. Can you imagine lovelyamazing actually can't find words  ??? ::) ;) The only word I can find is AMAZING (remind you of someone?)

What a ride it's been!
Love you all
 :-* :-* :-* :-*

Happy anniversary dearest (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Maya)))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!

I am so glad and thankful you are here, that I get to know you, lovely, amazing Maya!!!!!

Much much love to you.
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Your friend Mia
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
Re: Three Years Already?
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:03 AM »
Happy anniversary dearest (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Maya)))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!

I am so glad and thankful you are here, that I get to know you, lovely, amazing Maya!!!!!

Much much love to you.
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Your friend Mia

((((((((((((Mia)))))))))))) thank you :-* You are one of those precious friends who was hidden from my view till recently. I'm thankful we found each other.
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
Thanks Chuck :-* Thanks Jess :-*

Instead of a post about me, I thought I'd honor this day by sharing something about others  from my neck of the woods. India is rising and shining. In the face of so much foot-dragging and political wrangling, our movement is alive and well.

The slide show here will tell you just how!
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/slideshow_saying-it-with-pride_1269481

As I've journeyed for 3 years with my lovely Brokie family, it's great to know that so many others have moved forward and found solace, support and solidarity in their own ways in their pockets of this vast country.

The other link I want to share is a blog post from a recent cyberfriend in Bangalore, covering the pride. And to draw your attention to the comments.

http://sanjukta.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/bangalore-queer-pride-march09-a-report

A woman Indira has commented showing you the kind of ignorance we deal with (hardly different across the globe is it?) and a brave and articulate 17 year old kid called Firebolt has taken her on!  When there are kids like that around, you know there's hope.
Please do read it and comment if you feel like.

Thanks to my journey on the forum I traveled a road that led me to an intersection with all these amazing other pathways  from different sources. Who would have ever know back then in 2006? It's incredible that we are all under the same rainbow sky!

Thank you for those links , Maya.  Wonderful photos, and the blog, now with more comments than when you first posted - really good to read.

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2009, 07:11:07 AM »

Thank you for those links , Maya.  Wonderful photos, and the blog, now with more comments than when you first posted - really good to read.

Glad you enjoyed. Yes I went back and saw that Firebolt had thanked me. Life is so tough when you're different and 17.

I'm still thinking back on these 3 years, some parts feel so unreal.
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
Hi Mia,

WOW - Only just catching up on threads... I am so sad that you felt that way last year - For what its worth my posting had slowed in any event, and unfortunately work has taken priority. I also feel bad spending 2 minutes in the diner to just say a quick hello, as its a place of so much chatter... and more often than not I am gone before anyone has had opportunity to reply...! 

You would have LOVED the diner of 2006, when it was impossible to keep up (although Fritz was always quoting posts from 50 pages prevoiusly as he condimented!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D) - You could go to bed for 5 hours and wake to 70-80 pages missed in the diner...!!!!!! the cornerstones for me were Nellie and Jackie in those days, although there were so many others in and out on a daily basis!!!!! Nellie always seemed to be in the diner, starting work at some ungodly hour! and Jackie was always full of so much love for everyone...!

Fritz, Debbie and Chuck did a sterling job of keeping things going  ;D

Reading your post and others replies, it has encouraged me to try and make some more time to come in and say hi even if its only for a couple of minutes...! So I am now off to the diner...  ;) ;D   

Hi, Wayne,

I see that you wrote this on June 15.  That was the day when we talked so very briefly in the Diner.  You were sick with the flu, and I was sneaking onto my aunt's computer that day (was out of town for three weeks).  I remember the date because it was when I had to log on to get the first questions for our book club, and after saying hi in the Diner, I checked back once but couldn't stay.  It was lunch time, my aunt was in her kitchen eating, and I had to get back to mom's house to take care of her.  So I'm sorry I didn't get to stay there and chat, but just wanted to leave a message for everyone that I had been missing.  And it turns out, not very many people happened to be online that day.

I hope you will come back to the Diner again soon.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
Congratulations on your anniversary, (((((Maya))))).

You always have so much to bring to this forum.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »
Congratulations on your anniversary, (((((Maya))))).

You always have so much to bring to this forum.

((((((((((Debbie)))))))))) you're one of the gifts the forum brought to me :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary ((((((((((((((((Maya))))))))))))))))))) !!

Thank you for being here! 

"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary ((((((((((((((((Maya))))))))))))))))))) !!

((((((((((((((Sue))))))))))) you're one of those who keeps me going. Thank you :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »

((((((((((((((Sue))))))))))) you're one of those who keeps me going. Thank you :-*

You're welcome..   :-*
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
Belated Happy Anniversary (((((((((((((((((( Maya )))))))))))))))))))))    :-* :-* :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
Thank you (((((((Sonja)))))))  :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything