The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Awards Aftermath - Part 2  (Read 436515 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
Re: Awards Aftermath - Part 2
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »
Forgive me if I've posted this before.

A comment on The Worst Movie of the Decade Relay

By Martin Pal on January 3, 2010 11:13 AM | Reply
@ Sean Stangland:

I disagree that Brokeback Mountain has "dissipated from the public conversation."

There are current and active websites devoted to it, the Dave Cullen Forums, Bettermost and Finding Brokeback among them.

It may in your world "now...only seem to come up in bad jokes, sadly," but it still is having an enormous impact on those it affected, both personally and cinematically. And lastly, there would be no "Crash" without "Brokeback Mountain."

more...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2009/12/the_worst_movie_of_the_decade.html#comment-843858

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
  • ...just like this...always
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »
IOC strips 2000 Games bronze medal from China

China was stripped of a bronze medal from the 2000 Sydney Olympics on Wednesday for fielding an underage gymnast. The medal was given to the United States instead.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=txgymunderagegymnast

I'm forwarding this to AMPAS. See if they get the hint  ;D

:)  Oh, John, I'm completely with you on rescinding that so-called (best picture ???) "award" to TRASH>:D
I truly feel those mean-spirited, bigoted bastards will NEVER get the hint.  And of course I believe that everyone in filmdom land knows what those cowards deliberately, blatantly did to deny BBM what it deserved - Best Picture of 2005, as well as the other important ones it denied.   
If it were up to me, and I had the power, I'd make sure noone will ever forget it.  They'll never live that one down!!

Still, I've heard that it is commonly known to most people what they did...but those bigoted cowards will never own up to it.    Sure, they've made bad mistakes before, but this one must be right up there on the very top!  Deliberate villiany from those homophobic despicable cowards.   >:D

kathy
"Tell you what...the truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it".

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
Forgive me if I've posted this before.

A comment on The Worst Movie of the Decade Relay

more...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2009/12/the_worst_movie_of_the_decade.html#comment-843858

quote]

John!  I've never seen this post before!!  When I read it, I could not believe the part about TRASH being sooo good. .. ???  ???
That is definitely one of the worst pictures ever made.  We know why that trash won - and why BBM was denied what it deserved - Best Picture of 2005 - by bigoted no good cowards, and other reasons... >:D
Do those people who post anti-BBM posts really believe it - unbelievable!  Or are they, like ampas, just bringing their own bigoted, anti-BBM thoughts into the postings??

BBM is one of the greatest films ever made; it is already a classic.  It certainly deserved Best Picture, as well as  all other awards. To see TRASH described as "better" is like seeing a majestic artist compared to a hack.  (Understatement).  BBM was robbed of best picture - and everyone knows it!!  And it will never "dissipate from the public conversation", "come up only as a joke" or be belittled/denigrated in any way.  This is pure bunk.    Such people like that will never understand the lasting, postive, and tremendous effect BBM had on so many, many people. 

People like those who post bad things about BBM are just deniers, no better than those ampas "people" who give "awards" to one of the worst films ever made, while blatantly & deliberately denying the award to a masterpiece.     

kathy 
p.s.  Haggis is such a rotten filmmaker, his "film" was not even nominated for a golden globe, etc., while BBM won every award in the world - but not here, oh no - not in CA.    It makes me sick to my stomach to see Haggis get something for such baaad filmmaking.  No wonder those "academy" awards are looked on by so many as nothing but a continuing joke.  Well, Haggis played the "race" card, and of course ampas played it safe...
"Tell you what...the truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it".

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
You can make them read, but you can't make them think.

Found on the internet today:

Final Day of Class Blog
5 Things I Learned About Film

1. How character Positions in a shot, affect the mood or actual meaning of a scene.
2. I learned the differances of camera views in a scene
3. The genre of Docudrama (didnt know those actually exist)
4. How lighting and positioning directs your eyes to a certain person or object
5. Learned what a bookend is and its purpose

5 Things I learned about Politics
1. I learned that democrats have a firm grip on todays media
2. I learned that Micheal Moore is worse than I thought he was
3. I learned that the academy awards are also very liberal by picking "Brokeback Mountain" as a best picture

http://politicsandreellife.blogspot.com/2010/04/final-day-of-class-blog.html

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2010, 07:38:46 PM »
 :)  Hi john --

Wow!  Each time I think I've just read the most stupid thing on the net, along comes another one to top it!
He sure wasn't listening in that film class (or was the film class as stupid as he is?  Ridiculous pompous jerk.   >:(    >:(

kathy
p.s.  Yup, you can make them read, but you can't make them think.

Online Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #695 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
I'm forwarding this to AMPAS. See if they get the hint  ;D

lol!

You can make them read, but you can't make them think.

2010/04/   final-day-of-class    -blog.html

Maybe they could think a bit more if the last day of school wasn't in April!
When I was going to school we were there from 8am-4pm and we went
to school until the last week of June!

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #696 on: April 30, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
Random person found on the internet:

Andrew Scott

Andy is the news editor for both Moviefone and AOL TV. His favorite movie is 'Annie Hall' and considers Paul Newman to be the greatest actor who ever lived. Four years later, he still has nightmares of when 'Crash' beat 'Brokeback Mountain' at the Oscars.

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/bloggers/andrew-scott/

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #697 on: May 01, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
Ya know, I'm sure that Paul Haggis has had to have seen at least some of these comments.  Not on this forum, but out there on the 'net.

I wonder what he really thinks about it.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #698 on: May 01, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
Ya know, I'm sure that Paul Haggis has had to have seen at least some of these comments.  Not on this forum, but out there on the 'net.

I wonder what he really thinks about it.

Speech:

http://bbmfoundation.org/music/Wave1.mp3

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #699 on: May 01, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
« Reply #700 on: May 01, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
Speech:

http://bbmfoundation.org/music/Wave1.mp3

I hope & pray that Haggis (such a rotten filmmaker anyway) has heard/read anything and everything of how BBM was deliberately robbed of Best Picture 4 yrs.ago by that stupid "ampas" who caved in to whispering campaigns, homophobia, last minute pressure, played it safe with the "race card", and just threw that lousy award away to his rotten "TRASH".     DAMN!   >:D  (This one's never going to be forgotten in "ampas" history). 

P.S.  Was that him (I couldn't watch it; I was so disgusted) saying he was "the luckiest man on the face of the earth" ???  What a total jerk - taking the classic line of Lou Gehrig's speech, spoken so memorably by the great Gary Cooper in "Pride of the Yankees" (1941)!  And there isn't a dry eye in the place to this day when anyone sees that excellent film on TV...

Well, what do you expect from a dope who could make something sooo baaad as that piece of film "TRASH"? 

kathy   >:(

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #701 on: May 01, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
No Kathy, that was an audio clip of Lou Gehrig.  It was a joke.

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
« Reply #702 on: May 01, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
No Kathy, that was an audio clip of Lou Gehrig.  It was a joke.

:)  Hi john --
Guess I just can't get jokes today for some reason! 
But, you can't really blame me for thinking Haggis would do such a thing, can you?  He's such a total jerk; I wouldn't put anything past him...

But at least I did know it wasn't Gary.  Whenever I see "Pride of the Yankees", I go into tears at that speech.   
Course my beloved daddy would know it was Lou's voice.  He was/is the greatest lifelong fan the NYY ever had. 
kathy
p.s.  Sorry for going sentimental; love/miss my daddy so damn much.   

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »
I really don't dislike Paul Haggis.

In fact I thought his Scientology letter was awesome.

As you know, for ten months now I have been writing to ask you to make a public statement denouncing the actions of the Church of Scientology of San Diego. […] I called and wrote and implored you, as the official spokesman of the church, to condemn their actions. I told you I could not, in good conscience, be a member of an organization where gay-bashing was tolerated.

In that first conversation, back at the end of October of last year, you told me you were horrified, that you would get to the bottom of it and “heads would roll.” You promised action. Ten months passed. No action was forthcoming. The best you offered was a weak and carefully worded press release, which praised the church’s human rights record and took no responsibility. Even that, you decided not to publish.

The church’s refusal to denounce the actions of these bigots, hypocrites and homophobes is cowardly. I can think of no other word. Silence is consent

more...

http://www.movieline.com/2009/10/paul-haggis-renounces-scientology.php

Offline kathy

• Obsessed
« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »
Hi john --
Well, Haggis was a real good and loyal member for 35 years.  With the likes of Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley and all the others like that, they are so WIERD!!   ::)
You know, they classify it as a "religion" and it is not.  I've always wondered how they get away with that.  L. Ron Hubbard really came up with a snow job.
kathy 
p.s.  And Haggis didn't "renounce" it 'til 2009.  
p.s. p.s.  Doesn't that picture w/those "oscars" in Haggis' hands make you sick?  I still have nightmares after four years too.   >:(