The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 296964 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2008, 08:21:45 PM »
message from LuvJackNasty at EnnisJack.com:

I don't know Jackie, but I am so sorry to hear that she is suffering. I'll keep her and her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=12650.msg671709#msg671709
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2008, 08:27:40 PM »
message from Shasta542 at Bettermost

I don't know Jackie, but it's obvious that she is a well-loved Brokie. She has visited so many of you and you her.

Hugs and prayers for Jackie and all who know her.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,15100.msg320335.html#msg320335
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
Jackie was one the 1st to greet me as new member, and offer me advice and guidance, encouragement, and mostly to breathe deeply and take it slow(er)! She seemed to have that unusual ablility to get you, to understand. Her presence here knows no boundaries, everyone on this Forum has been touched by her, either directly or indirectly. Know this: Everyone is praying in their own way for you Jackie...........sending warm wishes and thoughts your way today and always!

Jonn

Offline Petrus Christus

• Expert
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
Jackie and I - BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN BBQ 2007 ESTES PARK, COLORADO 
Right after the group pics were taken, people were filtering back into the lodge and Jackie yelled at me,
"Trink, Come on, let's get our picture taken together!"
I will be forever grateful for that

(Thank you Trink for posting this lovely picture!)

It wasn't but a few steps away from the very site pictured in this foto, that I first laid eyes on you dear, dear Jackie; that I first heard your sweet voice call my name as I was searching for Osprey, theBriGuy, John Beene, and a few others that I'd come unannounced to Estes Park to find, embrace, and tell them in person just how much I loved them.
  I knew you were going to be there by the guest list that was posted weeks before on the Forum, but somehow, I didn't think I'd actually meet you, but fate made sure I did.
  When I turned and got my first look at your beautiful, smiling, sunshine face, and felt the warmth of your heartfelt embrace, joy raced throughout my body!
  We said a few words of mutual appreciation and admiration, and then you did something no other brokie did......., you whipped out your copy of 'Beyond Brokeback' and asked me to autograph one of my 2 printed posts.  I was so gratified by your simple act of kindness and love, dear Jackie!
  I came away from my too brief visit with you feeling truly fortunate to have met you, hugged you in such a warm embrace, and having the opportunity to express to you just how much I thought of you.

It has been said that Love is Eternal, that Love lives forever.
  My dear, sweet Sister, please know that you live in my love now, and will do so until the ever-dancing electric impulses that animate my body cease their joyous frenzy.
  Beyond that, may we dance the Love dance together in Spirit, before the shining face of God.

You have my Heart forever.

your Zad

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:55:22 PM by Petrus Christus »

Offline huntinbuddy

• Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
First hearing the news on Jackie a few days ago for me was hardest punch to the gut since I viewed BBM the second time two years ago and cried my eyes out.  I feel so helpless that all I can do is pray to God of all creation that she be returned to good health. This news was so heartbreaking to hear about the one person who has given more of her soul than any other to this forum.  We love you Jackie, and are praying for your return to our sanctuary.

Charlie
Life is worth living fully. Live each moment like you are going to die tomorrow.

Offline Petrus Christus

• Expert
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »

If some of us knew what Hospital,and in what city, our dear sister is being cared for, I'm certain that (if she were not in Intensive Care), some of us could organize a visitation group and be at her bedside with our Love.

Any thoughts?

Zad

Offline loneleeb3

• Feet Wet
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:33 PM »
I just heard the news form Cuck about Jackie over on Bettermost.
My heart is breaking for all of her friends here and her family.
After my trip to San Fran I met so many wonderful people From DCF that I came over and joined.
Jackie was one of the first to welcome me with open arms.
Simple acts of kindness are always remembered and let you really see a person for who they are.
I wish I could have gotten to know Jackie better. I pray that God will hear our prayers and that will be a possibility.
God Bless you Jackie.

Offline Tigs

• THE Cowntess
  • Obsessed
  • The Cowntess and The Girls!
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 10:09:59 PM »
I'm not good with words at a time like this.......

I met Jackie at San Antonio Airport in August 06. She was waiting for Nick F and myself to get off a very delayed flight from the UK. I knew her instantly!!  We had the biggest hug!!  Unbeknown to Nick she had hid Rob behind a pillar just a few feet away from us and was more worried we might spot Rob first!!! 

My thoughts, love and prayers are with Jackie, her family and her forum family at this hard time.

{{{{{Jackie}}}}}

Sal     :-*
Throwing cows over hedges!!   "Crazy Cat Lady" - MF!!!   I am a toilet!!

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »
Jackie was among the first to welcome me into this forum... almost two years ago. She was also the first Brokie I met. It is very fitting that when we met she was acting as an angel who picked me up from Dulles airport and welcomed me to stay overnight when I was left stranded there and my flight left without me.

Miracles do happen, that I am sure of. Maybe our miracle already did and it is to know her.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:23:11 PM by BayCityJohn »
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »

Dear jackie;

You are truly one of the sweetest Brokies i have ever met.  You were so free and generous with yourself and your
souvenirs from the movie.  I tried on the coat and hat, at your insistance...i love the photo and thank you very much for
you dear generosity.  i will be praying for your comfort and well being.  Sending you all the energy and love it is possible to
send.  praying you have ease and resolution.  hoping that guidance and strength will also be given to your family.  That
they may help you thru this terrible ordeal..  i hope the surgery is successful, and you are healed to your old and wonderful
self.  This too shall pass.  you will hopefully receive that wonderful miracle of a cure.  Given by the joined at the heart love
from all the Brokie friends and pals...Will hold you in our hearts.          Love and may you be strengthened and healed..janice
 ifyoucantfixit..........[{{[[{{[[hugs and kisses}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
If what I know tomorrow,
  I had known yesterday.
  I would have done different today.
  Peggy Z.

Offline sfericsf

• Obsessed
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »
Sendin' up a prayer of thanks for the blessing of being able to meet Jackie and experience her love and warmth she gives us all.  Also sendin' up a prayer for her recovery, so we can all see her smiling face again soon:)

Healing massages all around!  We love you Jackie!!!

Offline royandronnie

• Regards from my bit of the Mountain
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • They existed in our hearts, and always will.
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »
Dear Jackie,

It would be something to be loved as you are here. It must be because you always have a smile on your face--not a polite smile, but a big ear-to-ear grin. I know it means a lot to your family, too, to know how many others you have touched. No little thing.

Love from my bit of the Mountain,
Charlotte
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all

Offline Aile

• Experienced
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
Jackie,

I am mostly just a lurker here, and I have never met you, but I have enjoyed reading your posts over the past year.  I was so saddened to read of this news.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and I truly believe that everything is possible.  With so many wonderful friends, the angels are sure to listen.

M.

Offline sunspot

• Obsessed
  • Stay behind my aura!
    • The gun is good!
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:30 PM »

I first met Jackie in San Antonio at the BBQ - we spoke several times after that, though - sometimes the LA Posse would call Jackie during one of our parties (she was always up!).  I took this shot of her with my crappy cell phone camera - it's Jackie hugging the shirts at the BBQ:

This image stayed on my cell phone for months before I finally moved it off to my computer.  Don't know why I held onto it so long - the colors are all crazy, it's blurry and the resolution is junk, but I guess it would mean a lot to any of us, right?  She's certainly the heart of the online Brokie community to me, and has been pretty much since I realized a community was forming around this time two years ago.

Below it he drove a nail and on the nail he hung the wire hanger and the two old shirts suspended from it. He stepped back and looked
at the ensemble through a few stinging tears.

“Jack, I swear -- “ he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

"We are all hopelessly oppressed cowards
Of some duality
And restless multiplicity"
 - Joni Mitchell, "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter"

Offline freetraveller

• Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »
My thoughts and prayers for one of the most kind-hearted and generous people I've ever met, if only online.
((((((((Jackie)))))))))
Travellers are those who find what they were not looking for...