The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Gay and Christian in the World of Today II  (Read 501057 times)

Offline DaveinPhilly

• Sending up a prayer of thanks
  • Obsessed
Re: Gay and Christian in the World of Today II
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 11:23:41 AM »
They think they are giving them the chance to "accept the gospel of Christ' in heaven if they missed out on the opportunity on earth. 

Well, ain't that generous of 'em?  ::)

Well it might be if it were only non-Christians they were "re-baptizing", but as they've scoured the birth & death records and indeed even baptismal records!!! to find these folk in Europe & North America as well as other continents what they missed out on was being mis-lead by a lunatic from upstate New York. ::)

*rant over...*
It could be like this, just like this, always...

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
what if the dead person doesn't wanna be a mormon?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
^^^^ Insulting, maybe, but many non-mormon researchers into family history regard their efforts as a god-send.

Yes, they do. I used to work with genealogists. The Family History Library is a great resource for genealogy. Still, it always made me a little queasy to think about this, because I knew the Mormons weren't doing all this microfilming just for the benefit of genealogical societies everywhere. I often wondered what Protestant church authorities in Europe made of this all. They got their church records preserved on film, yet they must have known that the motive behind the filming was a theological one of which they could not possibly have approved. Seemed like a devil's bargain to me.  >:D

what if the dead person doesn't wanna be a mormon?

Oh, well. Too bad, I guess. ...  >:D

Offline DaveinPhilly

• Obsessed
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »
Not just protestant churches in Europe, but most of the Catholic ones as well.

Offline brokebacktom

• Obsessed
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
Thanks God for Hagee. What a true Christain. Make me wonder if McCain will disown him like Obama did with Rev. Wright.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/21/mccain-backer-hagee-said_n_102892.html

Offline DaveinPhilly

• Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
There's no end to these lunatics.

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »
c2bk,

It is a well known fact that the Mo Mo's have the finest genealogical library in the world.  They have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on it and they spare no expense.  It is a noble effort in itself and a great service to millions of people who are interested in genealogy.  They also make a lot of money selling the information to the "gentiles".  However, they sort of screw it all up when they take that information and preform vicarious baptisms for the dead with it.  If any of you are ever through Salt Lake City, you really owe it to yourself to visit that library, it is just incredible. 

I do hope that one day they figure out a way to get straight with the world because they are a wonderful organization in so many ways.   

Offline huntinbuddy

• Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
c2bk,

It is a well known fact that the Mo Mo's have the finest genealogical library in the world.  They have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on it and they spare no expense.  It is a noble effort in itself and a great service to millions of people who are interested in genealogy.  They also make a lot of money selling the information to the "gentiles".  However, they sort of screw it all up when they take that information and preform vicarious baptisms for the dead with it.  If any of you are ever through Salt Lake City, you really owe it to yourself to visit that library, it is just incredible. 

I do hope that one day they figure out a way to get straight with the world because they are a wonderful organization in so many ways.   

Rance, I have been to the library twice in Salt Lake City.  You are so correct.  For me, incredible didn't even begin to describe it.  I have never seen anything like the databases they have there.  I found out things about my own family (non-Mormon) that surprised me.  There is no database like it anywhere in the US, if not the world.
Life is worth living fully. Live each moment like you are going to die tomorrow.

Offline DaveinPhilly

• Obsessed
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
I'm sorry but I have to pass on this picture of Happy Jesus:

http://revjph.blogspot.com/2008/05/dont-blame-me-blame-some-other-nutter.html
 :o :o :o

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »
jnov,

Well, if you don't want to be a Mo Mo, tough titty. Presto Chango, Poof!! you are wearing funny underware, a French Braid in your hair and wondering where Texas put your kids. ;D  No, seriously, if you don't want to be a Mo Mo in the after life, you don't have to be.  But you were baptized after you died just to cover your bases in case Mo Mo sounded good to you.  I am going to stop being a smart ass here any minute, just hang in there with me.  Whew,  there, the moment has passed. 

Now, since the Mo Mo's think that they are the only "true" religion they also believe that everyone should have the chance to be a Mo Mo and thus assure salvation.  Sort of like old Hillary thinking that she can't bug out until everyone has had a chance to get a lip lock on old Bill's weenie.  WHAT??  Someone grab the soap, that God Damned Os has tipped over again.  ;D  Seriously, I keep saying that don't I,  well, don't count on it. ;D  At any rate, they (the Mo Mo's of course) think that if you never got the chance to be  Mo Mo on earth, you might have had a change of heart by the time you get the old checkered flag and hit the wall.  But you retain the right to refuse the baptism and go right on and burn forever in the flames of hell with the rest of the non Mo Mo's.

In regards to John Hagee,  what a piece of shit.  His anti semitisim is almost palpable.  How could a so called Christian be so warped as to even imagine that God would require the lives of six million jews as the ticket to ride to Palestine.  What a moron.  I am not sure that John McCain has the good sense to back away from this idiot but he had better be figuring out a way to get rid of him.  Of course, McCain stands about as much chance being elected President as a staying a snow ball in hell.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
Lip lock, or tooth lock?

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 12:51:51 AM »
jnov,

Well, if you don't want to be a Mo Mo, tough titty. Presto Chango, Poof!! you are wearing funny underware, a French Braid in your hair and wondering where Texas put your kids. ;D  No, seriously, if you don't want to be a Mo Mo in the after life, you don't have to be.  But you were baptized after you died just to cover your bases in case Mo Mo sounded good to you.  I am going to stop being a smart ass here any minute, just hang in there with me.  Whew,  there, the moment has passed. 

Now, since the Mo Mo's think that they are the only "true" religion they also believe that everyone should have the chance to be a Mo Mo and thus assure salvation.  Sort of like old Hillary thinking that she can't bug out until everyone has had a chance to get a lip lock on old Bill's weenie.  WHAT??  Someone grab the soap, that God Damned Os has tipped over again.  ;D  Seriously, I keep saying that don't I,  well, don't count on it. ;D  At any rate, they (the Mo Mo's of course) think that if you never got the chance to be  Mo Mo on earth, you might have had a change of heart by the time you get the old checkered flag and hit the wall.  But you retain the right to refuse the baptism and go right on and burn forever in the flames of hell with the rest of the non Mo Mo's.

In regards to John Hagee,  what a piece of shit.  His anti semitisim is almost palpable.  How could a so called Christian be so warped as to even imagine that God would require the lives of six million jews as the ticket to ride to Palestine.  What a moron.  I am not sure that John McCain has the good sense to back away from this idiot but he had better be figuring out a way to get rid of him.  Of course, McCain stands about as much chance being elected President as a staying a snow ball in hell.

LOL  :D :D

you always make me laugh.  most of your posts i have to read out loud to my sister so she can laugh too!

but i must disagree about your comment of mccain's chances of being elected.  i think you are underestimating the conservatives in the country.  i think he has a frighteningly good chance of being elected and it makes me very nervous!

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 07:31:32 AM »
jnov,

I think that you would have to be on the ground here to appreciate what is happening.  There is a ground swell of dissatisfaction with the Republican Party,  even here in Utah, the Reddest of the Red States there is a prevalent distaste for the current Republican Administration.  Some 73 percent of all Americans are against the war and that alone is going to sink McCain because he is in lock step with Georgie Porgie on that issue and there is just no way on earth your going to make that sow sweet.  It ain't gonna happen.  There is no way McCain can back away from it at this point without being seen as a flip flopper.  He even made the comment this week that we can win the Iraq war by 2013!!!???  My God you could have heard the collective groan across three continents.  McCain has one other insurmountable hurdle, one he can't get over and that is the base of the Republican Party hates his guts.  McCain will lose the state of Utah this fall and it is simply because the Mo Mo's hate his freaking guts and have bad mouthed him to the body of the Church to the point that they would sooner vote for Satan.  All of the religious right in this country feel the same way.

Don't pay a lot of attention to the pundits, they have to extend the "news" for as long as they can.  They have to have something to talk about.  The polls are fairly close at the  moment for the simple reason that right now you have a three way race.  Once the race falls down to two, you will see a massive uniting of the Democratic Party,  with old Hillary leading the effort and marching in lock step with Obama because it is far more important to beat the Republicans this fall than to beat Obama.  Hell to beat Obama is simply Democratic suicide.  Old Hillary will make old Bill zip up his pants and get with the program in a big way.  In fact, I predict that you will see one of the largest Democratic landslides in history this fall.  I would remind everyone that there have been three congressional seats lost by the Republicans in the last two months, not a single Republican win, it is just a preview of what is coming this fall.

I honestly think also that this election cycle is going to be sort of the death knell for the political aspirations of the religious right.  I think that they are realizing that taking more of a middle of the road stance when it comes to polotics is far smarter in the long run.  As it stands, when they win, they win big but when they lose, it is disastrous.  Not a smart philosophy.   

Fritzie,

Teeth??? Good Lord Fritzie, we don't like TEETH. ;D

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
well, i sure hope you are right but after what the american public has done, supported and said in the last eight years, i don't have a lot of faith in them.

:-\

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
jnov,

Rest assured dear friend, most of the American public have removed their heads from their butts and are having a real look around.

Did everyone hear that the Appeals Court in Austin Texas just ruled that the State of Texas had NO RIGHT to remove all the children from the YFZ Ranch!!!  They ruled that the children had to be in IMMENENT DANGER before they could be removed and that there was no evidence that any pre pubescent female child or any child over 18 or any male child of any age were in any danger whatsoever.  HOORAY!!!  That has been the Os position all along and now the retribution will begin.  The lawsuits are going to be mind boggling.   While I might find most of the FLDS beliefs downright stupid they are still human beings, with feelings and they are by and large good parents to their children and no American citizen should have to endure this sort of discrimination and this kind of a violation of their civil rights.  Those red necked sons of bitches are about to get a real lesson in the Constitution and the sacredness of that document.  Boy, I'll bet the folks in San Angelo are trying to find a place to hide at the moment.