The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Diamonds in youtube's rough  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
Re: Diamonds in youtube's rough
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
I did, I really liked it. When I started watching I realised I had already seen the movie. I have to admit, I find the age difference a bit disturbing, whereas it doesn't bother me in other stories. But is kind of borderline here.
I found your video real good, your pace and the interpretation of the scenes, gestures, gazes. Thank you for posting it.
PS: I really like your voice ;)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2018, 10:14:49 AM »
Yes, fia does have a good voice for narration, doesn't he?   I think he should do it professionally.

Offline foreverinawe

• Expert
  • An ant, crawling across infinity
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
Four people have asked me if there is an Internet source to read the book For a Lost Soldier. Yes, there is:

https://archive.org/details/ForALostSoldier

It is an excellent website. You can display four pages simultaneously (too small for me), or two adjacent pages simultaneously, just like a real book. You can expand the pages, and/or the typeface; you can Search.

I am somewhat chagrined by the book. Walt is characterized as selfish and almost brutal, quite different from the movie. I assume that Jeroen tolerated that behavior only because he himself was firmly homosexual, and while Walt's advances were excessive, they enthralled him. Quite different from the gentle love that gradually developed in the movie.

It seems a bit mysterious to me that the screenwriter (and director) Roeland Kerbosch made such deep changes to Rudi van Dantzig's book. In an interview he says that he and Rudi were friends and collaborators on the movie. At any rate, I'm grateful he made the changes -- he made it into an exquisitely tender movie about love.

~~~fia
And why are we shown this trivial detail? Because that truck carries the most important cargo of our puny lives:  love and hope.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
Thank you, I've saved that link to read later.

Enjoyed the summary of the film you made very much!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline foreverinawe

• Expert
  • An ant, crawling across infinity
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
I have uploaded an amended version of my video. It improved the sound, and repaired a few rough edges.

For a Lost Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12_75JakXY

(The previous version is deleted.)

~~~fia
And why are we shown this trivial detail? Because that truck carries the most important cargo of our puny lives:  love and hope.