The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: And Thanks for All the Fish  (Read 24237 times)

Offline neatfreak

• Expert
Re: And Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
Meli, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me this place to heal. I think I'm member #208, here from almost the beginning, and this forum has been instrumental in my emotional growth these past three years. You can take rightful ownership of your role in providing a safe place for thousands to come and mend their broken hearts. You have helped build a community of souls that support each other in a way I have never seen elsewhere on the Net. It is a singular phenomenon that is noteworthy in its scope and reach. Take in the heartfelt gratitude from each of the forum's members, long or short-term, voiced and unvoiced, and know that you have made a definitive difference in the world.

Glenn, your voice has always been kind and supportive wherever I've seen you on the forum. I have great confidence in your leadership and I have no doubt the forum will continue to be a place for all of us to grow and effect change. Thank you for your willingness to take on the burden of responsibility. May all of us support you in the difficult decisions and day-to-day efforts required of you.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.  - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline royandronnie

• Regards from my bit of the Mountain
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • They existed in our hearts, and always will.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »
We mods know, and some of you who aren't know too, but for those who don't--Meli did a hard, often thankless job for no pay and did her very damn best to do it with best fairness to everyone. Thanks, Meli.
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all

Offline elena

• Obsessed
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 05:47:44 AM »
Hi, Meli!

I wanted to thank you for all the work you devoted to the forum, but especially I think we should build you a monument for persuading Dave to transform a comment thread into a forum.

I wish you all the best for your life! And maybe some more time for writing... *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

And obviously congratulations to Glenn on his ''promotion'' (I'm not sure how to call something involving even more work as a volunteer...  :D).

Hugs to both!

Antonella

Offline estefue

• Papi Chulo
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
Wow, you go on vacation and everything changes!  Congrats to Glenn on your new post and to Meli thanks for all you've done!

Offline CANSTANDIT

• Obsessed
  • Special Brokeback Victims Unit
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Melisande:

Thanks for those times you were there to just listen, one of the most important things people in positions of power can do. You have always been approachable and open, and just plain NICE,  and for that I thank you.You've steered some tricky situations to conclusion, and I've sat back in wonder at times.

I am quite happy you'll still be around; and hope you will also have more time now for YOU.

Glenn, I wish you the best in your new role, and commit my support of your leadership.

Offline catalina

• Obsessed
    • my fiction
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »
Meli -- If you hadn't realized that Dave's commenters could benefit from some type of forum, and helped shepherd it along, and then run this crazy, fantastic place, there are so many of us who wouldn't have had a place to go, people to talk to, after being so deeply affected by Brokeback. For me, not only did this place help me to heal, it, along with the Brokeback story itself,  inspired me to work on dreams I hadn't visited for a long time (and you personally encouraged me in those as well :)).

Your grace, kindness and unassuming persona is something truly unique, and has helped make this place what it is. Probably no one will ever know how very, very difficult modding such a large and emotionally charged place is, because it's not your style to complain or draw attention to yourself. I will never cease to be amazed at how you bend over backwards to be kind, to assume the best, and to make decisions based on the good of the forum rather than yourself, nor at how much of your time and energy you've put into this place. Class act, all the way.

One of the most awesome things about this place is how so many of us have made friends here. I feel so very lucky that you are mine.:) Here's to more time for you to write, by yourself and with me, yay!

And congrats Glenn! It's great to know the forum will still be here, and in great hands.:)

Offline amdaz

• Jackoholicus Maximus
  • Obsessed
  • Forever Blue
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

Meli, thank you so very much.

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
  • Brokeback is STILL affecting me......
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
Thanks Meli.

Congrats Glenn.

I love the warm and fuzzies I get from you both.
John and Chuck -
Ennis and Jack got us together.

Offline Melisande

• Chief Moderator
  • Obsessed
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
Thank you, everyone! It's so nice to read some nice things!  :D About me!

Warm and fuzzy, though, I'm not sure about. For either me or Glenn. It's not really part of the job description - except, yes, when it is.
let be, let be

Offline City Girl

• I was a teenage Guamanian
  • Obsessed
  • the other half of Ennis' soul
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
Meli, Thank You.  This place saved my sanity and gave me healing, then it gave me an intellectual outlet and insight into the story, it educated me and exposed me to the trials that good men have have to endure to accept themselves and find love, and it gave me friends that I never would have had the privilege to know.  Many can’t imagine the amount of time, trouble and effort it took to keep this place operating, I know I can’t truly comprehend what it took but know that I see this forum as a true gift and one that changed my life for the better.   Thank you, please know that you really did create something of real value and worth here and that you did a wonderful thing.
"He would have given anything. Anything. His new truck. His horses. Whole years of his life. Just to be able to stay right where he was in this threadbare little bedroom with its fake wood paneling, its cracked mirror, the bits of hay and horse shit tramped in on Ennis’s boots" Casual Match frayach

Offline freetraveller

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »
Thank you Meli for all your hard work & good luck to BrokenOkie in his new role!

P.
Travellers are those who find what they were not looking for...