The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Fan Fair - Vol. 4  (Read 510527 times)

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
Re: Fan Fair - Vol. 4
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 04:25:24 PM »
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
Originally posted in "Le Bar Slash" by Jenny.

I hope this isn't inappropriate here, but I wanted to be sure all USA Brokies are aware that the Matthew Shepard act (H.R. 1913) comes up for a vote in the house tomorrow. Please call your congressperson before 5 pm today and ask them to vote 'yes' on the hate crimes bill. Go to this URL to get the office phone #:
 http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/phone_numbers.tt?show=hill_phone

An intern will answer. You're calling to urge the Rep. to vote 'yes'. You might want to mention that one out of six hate crimes is because of the victim's sexual orientation, that the act targets only violent acts, not speech, and doesn't tell any clergyperson what they may preach. Mention that the Rep.'s vote on this bill will affect your future support. Please call even if you have called or e-mailed before, even if you're sure your Rep. will (or won't) vote for the bill.

IMO, this bill is particularly significant to us as Brokies. Matthew was murdered in Wyoming. We need to stand up and be counted as supporting a bill that will help prevent the kind of fear that came between Ennis and Jack (and all the real couples whose story is their story.) 

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »

Maggie Gyllenhaal has wed her actor boyfriend, Peter Sarsgaard, in an intimate ceremony in Italy.

The couple got married in a small chapel on Saturday, with brother Jake and girlfriend Reese Witherspoon in attendance.

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-04-gyllenhaal-weds-no-we-mean-the-other-one
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline Roco

• SERENDIPITY
  • Obsessed
  • Academy Award Winner!
    • roco remembers
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »

M*A*S*H actor David Ogden Stiers finally comes out

David Ogden Stiers, the Emmy-nominated actor who first found widespread fame playing Major Charles Winchester on the TV series M*A*S*H and who later voiced many characters in animated Disney musicals, has come out in an interview with the gay Oklahoma City blog gossip-boy.com.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2009/5/davidogdenstiers
“The levels of intimacy and emotion experienced within these relationships are exactly what happens within heterosexual love. And I just thought it was good to try and open some people’s minds.” - HEATH LEDGER

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
Hiya Roco!

I used to love M*A*S*H and it's so great to see that David Ogden Stiers is well, and has come out!

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:39 AM »

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire and his wife, Jennifer Meyer, welcomed their second child Friday, the actor's rep tells PEOPLE.

"I can confirm the Maguires had a baby boy today, and the family is healthy and happy," says rep Kelly Bush.

Maguire, 33, and Meyer, 31, are also parents to daughter Ruby, 2 1/2. The couple met in 2003 and married in 2007. – 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20277952,00.html

Offline Marcos

• Experienced
  • That´s me again...
    • sibiline
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

M*A*S*H actor David Ogden Stiers finally comes out

David Ogden Stiers, the Emmy-nominated actor who first found widespread fame playing Major Charles Winchester on the TV series M*A*S*H and who later voiced many characters in animated Disney musicals, has come out in an interview with the gay Oklahoma City blog gossip-boy.com.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2009/5/davidogdenstiers
Man,what took him so long,it was splattered all across his forehead!And apart from motion picture theme (suicide´s painless),everything about this MASH thing have always appeared to me so boring...
Marcos Farias

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
Hiya Marcos!  Good to see you back!

Now see, I always liked M*A*S*H.   I remember watching it for years.

My fave characters were Radar O'Reily and Father Mulcahey.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »
http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-19-staying-strong

Entertainment Tonight has obtained this picture of the ailing star and his wife, Lisa Niemi, enjoying their ranch in New Mexico last week.

There were rumors this morning that Patrick had died, but they were quickly proven false.

We're pulling for you buddy!

He looks good!   Better than the stupid tabloid pics.

Offline Marcos

• Experienced
  • That´s me again...
    • sibiline
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »
Returning with this "through mall windows" thing,here´s a display pic i love big time...this guy looks just amazing and it never fails,everytime i walk pass this board,i raise my eyes just to capture his classy,young beauty inside my mind for a minute or two..
Marcos Farias

Offline Marcos

• Experienced
  • That´s me again...
    • sibiline
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
Kaíque Brito,a brazilian soap hottie...he´s absolutely cute but in this teen mag cover board his essence´s been perfectly caught :young,fresh,sexy,sweet...pretty much like him!
Marcos Farias

Offline Marcos

• Experienced
  • That´s me again...
    • sibiline
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Kristie Turlington,absolutely dazzling...what to say about this bitch besides she´s one of the greatests?The older she gets,the better she become...
Marcos Farias

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 06:47:56 PM »
More and more celebs (and the occasional person involved in the political arena) are sporting the White Knot showing support for same-sex marriage.

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl: White Knot for Gay Marriage

Add Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl to the list of straight celebrities coming out to support gay marriage.

The singer is one of the first in Hollywood to start wearing a white ribbon as a show of same-sex solidarity.

“Anybody know about whiteknot.org?” Grohl asked on the red carpet at last night’s MusiCares benefit and tribute to Neil Diamond. “You know what that’s about? It's I believe in love and I believe in equality and I believe in marriage equality.”

Rock on, Mr. Grohl!