The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sharing life's vicissitudes  (Read 90657 times)

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
Re: Sharing life's vicissitudes
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »
Haven't really been able to open up on this in these two years (though many forum friends knew about through pm) but this thread feels like the right place to share it with more people.

It's the same for me...

I have a closed door to my fathers sickness. It's really not helpful not to open up, to try to talk about it. Because the memories of that becomes too big by me giving all that energy to keeping that door closed.

If that makes sense...

My possibilities in expressing myself in English really sucks sometimes...
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
  • There are places we can't return
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 03:40:15 AM »
It's the same for me...

I have a closed door to my fathers sickness. It's really not helpful not to open up, to try to talk about it. Because the memories of that becomes too big by me giving all that energy to keeping that door closed.

If that makes sense...

My possibilities in expressing myself in English really sucks sometimes...

You express yourself very well Mia. Please do share. The burden of keeping that in the "closet" indefinitely will be too much.
 :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything
you believe about yourself"

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 04:22:44 AM »
i'm going to make a suggestion, and please don't take it as a cue to not share something like this, somewhere.  i can very readily see where current events open old wounds, but i think it would be good to keep THIS thread for the ongoing events in life, the here and now.  i think we have a variety of threads appropriate for discussing the accrued injuries of a lifetime, and we have in fact been doing that here and there. 

a guidline for this thread might be, sufficient unto the day are the evils (or the events) thereof to paraphrase the book of mathew.  think of this as more of a newsletter, a very HONEST newsletter, rather than a support group.  that should keep the conversation in the now.      thanks again everyone.

so how was your day?  ;)
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38:05 AM »
so how was your day?  ;)

Hot, not as humid as yesterday and mostly spent dealing with issues from the past. The current litigation I'm involved in has me taking in a sweep of history and keeping it on hold and on the ready to regurgitate in the courts of law. And looks like I'm going to be doing this for a bit.
How was your day ? :) Guess you just woke up?
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:21 AM »
Cool to have you on board Alma :-*
There is so much to share.
A big hug to everyone on the thread and thank you Jack for starting it.

What Maya said!
It’s a movie about love that knows no boundaries and loneliness that knows no relief

Ennis, a man at war with himself every day of his life

The song may have ended but the melody lingers on

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
i have a cat, food, and a roof over my head, so i am not unmindful of the positive, i am just tired.   

Jack, I can so understand your weariness..... You spent so much time and effort on resolving your mum's situation, and just when it all seemed ok, then this happens......Luckily you don't have to take all the responsibility once again, since she has the public guardian.... I hope she/he will lift some of the weight from you shoulders, now a lot of the work you did has to be done again.... Hopefully you will  be able to redirect some of your energy to your own life!
It’s a movie about love that knows no boundaries and loneliness that knows no relief

Ennis, a man at war with himself every day of his life

The song may have ended but the melody lingers on

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
so maya, what have i missed along the way?  what litigation?  something that will lead you to an improved life condition, i hope.

i had a long day, especially since i have a scratchy cough, wonky sinuses and a runny nose.  out of the house by 10 for a dr's appointment following up on the edema in my leg, got finished with that, set up an appointment for a cat scan of same, hopped back on the scooter and drove south for 15 minutes in traffic to my mother's place to reassure her and further assess the situation there, back out on the scooter and checked out two other possible sites for her, one a compleat wash, and the other with some positive aspects.  from there i headed cross town to pick up a few things from the supermarket and back home, exhausted, and sunbaked , by 4pm.  out like a light by 6pm and wakened by a well meaning phone call at 8.30 pm.

i have been mucking about the web since then, to habitualized to information overload to go back to bed yet.

tomorrow, i resume efforts on my mother's behalf, and perhaps remember all the things i forgot to do today.   

what fun.

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 11:40:21 PM »
so maya, what have i missed along the way?  what litigation?  something that will lead you to an improved life condition, i hope.

It would if I were to win. The courts are riddled with nasty politics and corruption. There is an obnoxious realtor trying to grab my flat. And an obnoxious neighbor who has made it easy for him. The story is an old old one but the case is kind of "ripening" because there are repairs that need to be done to common areas on the exterior and he is attempting to obstruct these. That's it in brief. these guys have political support. There is an election coming up but I wonder if anything will change.

Oh yes and not to forget the unprecedented heat wave in town (that means power outages)  that is going on forever. Can't complain. I have a cool old house - just think of the teeming millions of homeless in my city. :'(

i had a long day, especially since i have a scratchy cough, wonky sinuses and a runny nose.  out of the house by 10 for a dr's appointment following up on the edema in my leg, got finished with that, set up an appointment for a cat scan of same, hopped back on the scooter and drove south for 15 minutes in traffic to my mother's place to reassure her and further assess the situation there, back out on the scooter and checked out two other possible sites for her, one a compleat wash, and the other with some positive aspects.  from there i headed cross town to pick up a few things from the supermarket and back home, exhausted, and sunbaked , by 4pm.  out like a light by 6pm and wakened by a well meaning phone call at 8.30 pm.

i have been mucking about the web since then, to habitualized to information overload to go back to bed yet.

tomorrow, i resume efforts on my mother's behalf, and perhaps remember all the things i forgot to do today.   

what fun.
Oh dear the leg doesn't sound good. And damn these calls. Some of the same problems here. Though I should say not-so-well-meaning sales people are more of a problem.
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2009, 03:44:06 AM »
fwiw, the leg now has a diagnosis and a prognosis, and prescribed ways it needs to be addressed.  i have one more piece of information that might be gained by the cat scan to perhaps find causation, but other than that, it is just a matter of adapting to compression stockings, not something i was anticipating in an otherwise hearty body.  their is a faint glimmer of possibility that there may be surgical means of amelioration depending on medicare/medicaid and the results of the cat scan.  i am not counting on that though.

sorry about the crooked landlord.  THAT i know too well.

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009, 04:27:04 AM »
sorry about the crooked landlord.  THAT i know too well.

He's no landlord - he is an intruder claiming to be the landlord. RIP to the real landlord and all his heirs.
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline Tigs

• THE Cowntess
  • Obsessed
  • The Cowntess and The Girls!
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
Work is pissing me off

I have sore patches on my inner thighs

its 6.30 and I'm in my PJ's - much baggier and comfy.

Whinge, moan, whinge!!!

Feel better for it though!!!

Maya - keep on fighting your landlord, don't give in - remember strength comes from strength!

Jack - elasticated stockings - could be worse - could be better!  Hope things are sorting themselves out re Ma!!

Hugs to all

Sal  ;D
Throwing cows over hedges!!   "Crazy Cat Lady" - MF!!!   I am a toilet!!

Offline alma

• Pawin the white
  • Obsessed
  • Shut up about Alma; This ain't her fault.
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Yay for this thread! I'm so happy to find it. Thank you Jack! I will keep up with you all now. Time to catch up and read. Then share later. I feel so happy.

Hey lovely! Great to e-see you too.

My life is in turmoil and flux, but lights are starting to pop into the darkness. I'm officially separated from my husband, but it seems each day requires some new resolution of drama he creates. Sigh. Kids are well though and I'm having a great time with my business and some wonderful writing opportunities that are coming to me. So, in spite of the obvious sources of angst, I'm starting to revive and come back to myself. Feels great to have this little place to share again.

And spring has sprung, which ALWAYS helps. :)

Hugs all around!

Offline alma

• Pawin the white
  • Obsessed
  • Shut up about Alma; This ain't her fault.
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2009, 02:48:52 PM »

What Maya said!

Thanks Sason!

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »
I have sore patches on my inner thighs

This is something I totally relate to. I'd been through these eruptions in a big way some years ago and I still have some sore spots, especially fingers.

Maya - keep on fighting your landlord, don't give in - remember strength comes from strength!
Sal I will keep fighting so he never gets to "be" my landlord. He is a jerk.

XO
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
Hey lovely! Great to e-see you too.

My life is in turmoil and flux, but lights are starting to pop into the darkness. I'm officially separated from my husband, but it seems each day requires some new resolution of drama he creates. Sigh. Kids are well though
Good the kids are well. Official separation would be one hurdle crossed. What would be the next step?
Being called upon to address a new problem daily can be very draining. Hope you have some way to relax and a slot for yourself.

and I'm having a great time with my business and some wonderful writing opportunities that are coming to me. So, in spite of the obvious sources of angst, I'm starting to revive and come back to myself. Feels great to have this little place to share again.

Tell us about your writing. That sense of renewal is wonderfully empowering. You perceive it like you do the first spring shoots and the warm breezes. Just the hint of it. When you think winter is never going to end. Yes spring can do wonders.

:-* :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything