The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Jake II  (Read 888005 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: Let's Get Serious About Jake II
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
Hi guys!

Let's remember the first post in this thread.

anything about him except how damn hot he is

Jake's appearance can be talked about in Eyelashes. 

Thanks!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
love and other drugs seems to be getting really favorable reviews. i'm seriously looking forward to seeing him with anne hathaway again. the story seems a bit eeeeeh (it's so easy to hate the pharmaceutical companies), but it sounds both funny and sad from the incoming reviews. and the amount of nudity, or semi-nudity, sounds interesting too.

I've also been hearing plenty of positive things regarding "Love &", and I hope that the chemistry between Jake and Anne is evident.

Offline george66

• Obsessed
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
just want to say hey.   hmmm discussing something serious involving Jake?   Well how about getting rid of that animal that is growing on his face (someone called it an animal and I thought it fit)

You mean that skunk?? I don't have an overwhelming problem with beards but yeah he's beginning to take it to the extreme. He's beginning to look like an unkept grizzly bear. I keep seeing visions of Brad Pitt!  :o  Jake get back into a movie quick so you can shave that horror off.

Speaking of Love and Other Drugs this is the first Jake movie I'm willing to pay to see in the theater since BBM instead of simply waiting for it come out on DVD. Sounds very promising.

george
Maybe he didn’t need to try so hard to reach for the sky anymore. He had found where he belonged, under Ennis, under the wings of this brown-eyed angel who would lift him up from the ground and take him to the sky so high, high until he could touch the stars.

A Dog Named Flea by Fridayblues

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
Facial hair should be a personal choice, not something dictated by others (except, of course, in the case of particular role requirements) ... how many elements of your 'look' would you like decided by me or some other stranger?  I thought so ... LOL
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Online gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
You mean that skunk?? I don't have an overwhelming problem with beards but yeah he's beginning to take it to the extreme. He's beginning to look like an unkept grizzly bear. I keep seeing visions of Brad Pitt!  :o  Jake get back into a movie quick so you can shave that horror off.

LOL. george, i'm glad i didn't have a bagel in my mouth when i read your first line. :D

my guess is he's just taking time off from the incessant manscaping he has to do to maintain his hollywood good looks! and good for him that he can grow such a luxuriant, wonderul beard. he could make somebody happy, i'm sure. kissing a man with beard like that can be a wonderful experience, for sure. (i love the beard rubbing vids on youtube, haha)

Speaking of Love and Other Drugs this is the first Jake movie I'm willing to pay to see in the theater since BBM instead of simply waiting for it come out on DVD. Sounds very promising.

george

i think there are a lot of people that feel like you do. with bbm fans, part of the attraction must be the re-pairing of those two leads. i can't help but think that the casting agents, producers, or directors, whatever, thought that putting them back together again would only help the movie. it's a great advertising/promotional tool. they did it a lot in old hollywood, like recasting rock hudson and doris day, bogie and bacall, etc.

if thery make another movie with anne and jake together, we'll know the theory is true :D

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Facial hair should be a personal choice, not something dictated by others (except, of course, in the case of particular role requirements) ... how many elements of your 'look' would you like decided by me or some other stranger?  I thought so ... LOL

that's true. most people would leave well alone. hell, nobody seems to mind my fu manchu.... ::)

what i thought was interesting was seeing his partially shaved chest in PoP. manscaped by a professional, obviously. imagine the job perks if you were the barber on the set crew. being able to talk to jake while telling him to stretch this way or that. tickling him too. and i bet jake's a great guy when these people shave him, the banter he provides must be so cool. i don't hear any gossip about him being a diva on the set, so that's good. god knows some stars can be downright rude to the crew, and look down on them.

i'd love to see jake do a silly movie. like jake gyllenhaal and brüno, or jake and peewee herman, something like that, something where he can cut loose. i really thought his  brief spot on sesame street was amazing. i mean, he looked SO CUTE, and healthy and.... happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrmUfYKYXbM

so funny... and can you say coincidental, too? was he even still with reese when he did filmed that bit?

Offline lawgoddess

• Loving Jake, Brokeback, and Merlin
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • A Thousand Kisses Deep
    • karisblue
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 07:00:13 PM »
Chuck asked early this afternoon that comments about Jake's personal appearance  be taken to Lashes.

I am now repeating that request.

Discussions of facial and body hair are  off topic for this thread, which is for serious discussion of Jake's films, career, etc.

You can PM me or Chuck if you have any questions. Thanks.

It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do. Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility.

Offline Sienna

• Obsessed
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
As usual, i will be the one to poo-poo on something everyone else likes. But i guess i'm used to that by now. So here i go...

I am so NOT excited about seeing him with Anne Hathaway again. Now, i have nothing against Anne as a person, actress, human being, etc., but come on, guys... she was LUREEN! Her dad probably offed him or had him offed and the way she talked to Ennis on the phone there at the end just killed me.

BUT, i know that - of the two - she was probably the nicer wife... maybe, in her own way. I dunno. I felt sorry for her and Alma both, but i wanted J&E to be together and i saw them as two giant roadblocks to HEA... or at least any sort of future.

However, i'm going to put on my big girl panties and be brave and see the movie and hope it's a huge hit. I'm leery of the ending. I love RomComs, and i'm ok with drama and even tragedy, but i'm not sure how i will feel about both.  ???

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
sienna, you have to learn to separate fiction from reality! LOL. :)   anne's not lureen in this movie, she's agnes grunion or something like that.

i really don't think lureen or LD had anything to do with jack's death.  he was able to arrange that all by himself. he lived in TEXAS, for chrissakes, and he liked the cack!

i just want to know if there will be a BBM joke in this new movie. like the ice storm joke in BBM.

maybe lureen will ask jack if he found his blue parka yet. :)

oh gosh. for a minute there i thought this was the LAOD thread. i'm so easily confused when the jake threads become a blur. :D

hmm... okay.

i wonder what jake feels about makeup when making movies. i guess you can't get around it when you pick acting as a career.

does he like it, or put up with it begrudgingly? maybe he finds it a fascinating part of the business? i imagine most people would hate sitting too long in the stylist's chair.

hmm... somebody mentioned how jake seemed to cringe when they shaved his hair for JARHEAD, i don't know if that was in this thread or not.

it must be fun put make up on him. i imagine they don't need much, like they did when they had to do up heath, to cover up his tattoos.

the makeup people must be thrilled to be working with such a blue-eyed, talented young, academy award nominated actor.

i notice some pics show jake with what looks like eye shadow, or eyeliner, but my guess is that his heavily lidded eyes create natural shadows that do seductive things with the camera. also, remember when the famous photographer praised marilyn monroe for her facial hair? well, her facial DOWN. apparently she had very fine super soft hairs that were blonde and caught the light so beautifully so that her expression seemed to glow.

i think the photographers LUCKY enough to work with jake must have notes about him, or observations regarding certain qualities that make him such a photogenic animal! :D

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
like the ice storm joke in BBM.

What is the ice storm joke in BBM?  I've not seen Ice Storm, so I have no idea.

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »
^^^

it was mentioned when jack asks lureen if she'd seen his blue parka, she says, "the last time i seen it you was in it. the day we had that big ice storm."

it's a nod to ang lee's movie, "the ice storm," starring lieutenant ripley from the ALIEN movies. ;)

when we saw the movie at the arclight in hollywood back in '05, there were quite a few audience members that chuckled to hear it mentioned!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »
ah, I didn't even catch that.

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »
i would just crack up totally if maggie said, "look, jamie. don't get all brokeback on me," in LAOD.   <--------------- hey, that's kinda like LOAD, :D

or if she said, "jamie... why is your santa hat all pointy?" or something similar (referring to the JARHEAD movie).

hell, i'd be tickled if maggie mentioned something about PRADA shoes. hehehe.

Online gnash

• Obsessed
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 09:24:28 PM »
ah, I didn't even catch that.

i never saw the fly on ennis's face until my fourth or fifth showing. :)

if you ask "what fly" i'm gonna freak. :D

Offline trekfan

• Obsessed
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »
I can't wait to see LAOD.  I heard they had a showing in NY (why did I ever leave NY I'll never know  ::)  )   but so far the reviews are great and hey what's wrong with some nudity :D

(fyi: to me discussion about Jake and the beard IS serious.  I mean I seriously wish I could shave it off while he slept ;)  )

"don't cry because it's over but smile because it
happened."