The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Out of money and ideas for the holidays?  (Read 10821 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
Re: Out of money and ideas for the holidays?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »
The Meaning of Matthew: My Son's Murder in Laramie, and a World Transformed
By Judy Shepard

http://astore.amazon.com/davecullencom-20/detail/1594630577

“I was devastated when Brokeback Mountain lost the Best Picture Oscar,” Shepard says. “I loved the movie and thought it was beautiful. I was so disappointed, too, that Heath Ledger wasn’t given the Best Actor award.”

Diana Ossana, who teamed with Larry McMurtry to write the Brokeback Mountain screenplay, also wrote the foreword to The Meaning of Matthew. “Her daughter attended the University of Wyoming in Laramie at the same time Matthew was a student there,” Shepard notes.

Shepard also discovered that Annie Proulx, the author of Brokeback Mountain, was called as part of the jury pool for the trials of Matthew’s killers. Proulx lives outside Laramie, and since the area is so small and the case was so big, nearly every registered voter was included in the initial pool. Proulx did not serve on either jury. “Some people think Annie wrote the story after Matthew’s death, but she actually wrote it and published it with a collection of short stories prior to his murder.

“There was a lot of talk about whether or not Brokeback Mountain would come to Wyoming,” Shepard says. That seemed incredible to me, and I asked her, “Even after all that had happened?” Shepard’s response was, “Especially after all that had happened!”

Ultimately, the local theater in Casper, Wyoming, decided to give the film a one-week run. The film turned out to be so popular that it remained at the theater for the whole summer.

http://outsmartmagazine.com/2010/10/the-meaning-of-matthew%E2%80%99s-mom/
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Offline KittyHawk

• Senior Advisor
  • Obsessed
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 05:54:33 PM »

Need a last-minute gift for someone on your list (or yourself)? Get the latest albums from Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, the Black Eyed Peas, Josh Groban, Maroon 5, Kings of Leon, Rolling Stones, and Bruno Mars for just $3.99 each at Amazon MP3. Our music plays on virtually any device including iPods.
Expires Dec 25, 2010

Offline KittyHawk

• Senior Advisor
  • Obsessed
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »
Check out this blazer on Amazon- originally $800, now $120.

Bianco Brioni Modern Italian 2010 Two Button Sport Coat Ticket Pocket Hand Tailored Velvet Corduroy Blazer Sportcoat Extra Soft Black

It looks gorgeous in the pic.

Offline KittyHawk

• Senior Advisor
  • Obsessed
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
One more deal. Search Amazon for this

Gino Valentino Made in Italy Wool / Silk Men's Suit

Ir was $1,600, marked down to $159.00. That's 90% off!

It's 90% off, they have most sizes and it can be returned if it doesn't work for you..

Offline Marge_Innavera

• Obsessed
  • I'M WITH HER
    • Gift of Exile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:12 AM »
The winter holidays are behind us now but Valentine's Day is less than a month away.  If alcoholic beverages are do-able for you and your SO, here's an unqualified recommendation, especially for chocolate lovers:

This liqueur has the consistency and look of chocolate syrup. You can drink it straight, put it in hot chocolate, even over ice cream. I haven't tried it with a Grasshopper Pie recipe but I'm sure it would taste great, although you'd have to rename the pie (wouldn't be green).

A Google search turned up quite a few hits; here's one to start with - prices are from $21-$25

www.bizrate.com/liquor-spirits-beers/oid810491430.html
" 'Red' states are the meth labs of democracy."

Offline temooreaz

• Virgin
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

CHRISTMAS in July, (OK, August)!

I have a couple of items of interest up for bid and buy-it-now, over on eBay:

Ultimate Brokeback Forum THANK YOU AD in DAILY VARIETY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280717741501&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

and

RARE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN FULL COLOR PRESSBOOK PRESS BOOK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280716038003&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT[/b]

Enjoy!

Offline BayCityJohn

• Obsessed
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
thanks temooreaz

We also have a memorabilia topic here. I posted your links there:

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=10907.msg2130421#msg2130421
Once a virgin, always a virgin

Offline temooreaz

• Virgin
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
Thank you for reposting!  I am not really a virgin...I am an old timer that can't get back into my account (desertstarlover). 

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 01:44:14 AM »
CHRISTMAS in July, (OK, August)!

RARE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN FULL COLOR PRESSBOOK PRESS BOOK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280716038003&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT[/b]

Enjoy!

"These are ultra rare and were only given out for the screening of the movie, in 2005."

um........ I got mine at  the aero screening in 2006.  they were handed out when we went into the theatre.

some people were throwing them away in the trashcans on the way out!  >:(

i gave away some of the booklets to fans outside that were not able to get into the sold out screening. it was also a q&a with Heath, Michelle, and Jake, and Diana and Rodrigo and Gustavo.

I sat in the front row directly across from Heath. he had little gold anchors in a random pattern on his dark blue socks, and I could read his wrist tattoo. Michelle wore an Australian shark's tooth on a chain around her neck.

bear with me......

so, if you can find dark blue socks with tiny gold anchors on them, they might make a really swell christmas gift for a die hard Heath fan...  ;) ;D

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee