The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The new male: changes in attitudes and behavior  (Read 13293 times)

tonydude

Re: The new male: changes in attitudes and behavior
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
I don't know if any of the following is what was in mind when starting the thread,
but it's what I was thinking about in response.

......There IS a gay man who published two books of WWII era photographs, most all of them
from Government archives and that were photographed by official government photographers.
He became interested in these kinds of photographs because of his father who had served
in WWII.  The photos are basically of routine life of the military men together.  The photos
are essentially quite innocent, but viewed by gay men, can be loving, affectionate or even
sexual in nature.
 I thought that whole post was extremely well-done, Lyle, and the part quoted above would be fodder for my own grumbling about who decides what's acceptable and what's not. And the rest of the post was just fascinating.
  Meanwhile, the mods decide what's relevant, (and I hope they give plenty of leeway  :)), but as for my own original theme, am certain anything anybody has to say is interesting, at least to me.  And THAT post, plus the one you did before, were right-on, as far as what I like to read.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:38:29 PM by Tony5 »

tonydude

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
  I think it was Sonja, not sure, who asked if there were Europeans getting into the male bonding and tribal dancing.  All the best vids have vanished.  But here's one of Swedish soldiers in a barracks.
  What's to the point is that the only one who is dancing, and vulgarly, is really cracking up his pals.  And I don't think Old Order guys would have accepted this; too threatening.

NSFW due to extreme flopping of over-endowments in underwear.  This Swedish guy is waaay raunchy.  The point being, the guys like it, and do not punch him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKngDklUx88

tonydude

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
 Ok.  Here we go with the Brits.   This one is SO lame it has less than 400 hits.  But Sonja wants international?  Then she gets international  8).

NSFW due to simulated rear-entry intercourse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7lagpgL0g

This vid brings up some questions, for me, at least.  I do understand tribal bonding/dancing, especially in a war zone.  But why the switch, at times, to homo-erotic, and at so careful of a % ?
These guys are having fun.  It's good old boy stuff.  But then we have about 4 sets of one soldier humping another heavily, simulating sex.  And one, and only one hot guy, on the floor, doing seductive poses.
  My own miltary friends goofed off a lot. What has caught my interest is that these new vids show these things openly, with no fear of being called gay.  Enjoying playing gay. In some cases, to deflect the dour and prudish, they call themselves gay.  Whassup?  I think the videos are showing the old order breaking down.
  And back to a suspicion of mine.... I believe the new freedoms for straight men can lead to less abuse of women, and more tolerance for gays.

Meanwhile, the British have a ways to go on this stuff.  There are photos of Prince Harry licking the bare chest of a soldier friend. I'll try to find it.  Meanwhile, as the video above shows, the troops are lagging.

tonydude

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »
Prince Harry: The New Male Prototype

In searching out this photo, I also came across a lot of really good stuff about Harry, including strong interest in the poor, and a great sense of humor.  Also some VERY hot girlfriends.  Which is my point.  The New Male, IMO, is a better male.  The Brits should be very proud of him.
  Also, some strange stories about his opposing homophobia and, hmmm....kissing a gay guy for a beer.  If interested, it's on the internet.  This guy is confident enough of his own sexuality, to uphold that of others. And humor is always one of the very best ways.  Go, Harry!!!!

tonydude

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
  Not so happy news on the New Male frontlines.  There is, according to one of the networks, a huge sexual harrassment problem at, of all places, Yale University.  You would think the guys there would have been liberated by privilege, education, and an allegedly progressive environment.
  They stand to lose 700 million dollars in federal funding if they don't clean up the sexism.  But even as one woman was interviewed, there occurred some vulgar hooting from a guy out of a building window.
  Whatever I have hoped was evolving, may not actually be there.  Or maybe this is just some limited gloomy news.

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:59 PM »
  I think it was Sonja, not sure, who asked if there were Europeans getting into the male bonding and tribal dancing.  All the best vids have vanished.  But here's one of Swedish soldiers in a barracks.
  What's to the point is that the only one who is dancing, and vulgarly, is really cracking up his pals.  And I don't think Old Order guys would have accepted this; too threatening.

NSFW due to extreme flopping of over-endowments in underwear.  This Swedish guy is waaay raunchy.  The point being, the guys like it, and do not punch him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKngDklUx88

I have no idea what normal Swedish soldier-bahaviour would be - I was never a soldier, and men around me never talk about their army days - so I don't know if this is a sign of a new male norm emerging or just what young men usually do when they're bored and creative.

But sex and nudity in general are very much less controversial and not being cencored the way it is in the States.

Thanks for finding this, Tony!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
  I believe the new freedoms for straight men can lead to less abuse of women, and more tolerance for gays.

How I hope you're right on this!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

tonydude

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
Thanks for finding this, Tony!
  No probs, Sonja  :) !  I may post more videos, from time to time, especially of the non-U.S goofballs.  But it's been harder to find written material to support changes in males, and, so far, I haven't been able to support my theory very well.  But, in the process, it's at least some diversion from "Cowboys Up"  :D.  If I can, I will try to show something more going on.  If it's really there  :P.

tonydude

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »

I suppose this guy has been spoken of elsewhere on the forum, but he deserves some mention here.  This is Hudson Taylor, All-American wrestler and a coach at Columbia University.  He was pissed off at gays being trashed, and, as a straight athlete, started a website to ecourage sports fans and athletes to promote tolerance.  It's a small site, www.athleteally, but a good start.  David Beckham, you frivolous dog, why don't YOU join?  You've said you loved your gay fans...... ::).....
 Anyway....more evidence (just as I was nearly giving up), of the emerging new male.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
Yes, I first saw him in a recording of the interview on MSNBC, and was very impressed. The more I hear about him and what he has to say on the website the more impressed I'm becoming. Would there were more athletes and others like him in the world.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

tonydude

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
  I feel the same way, Fritz.  It's a small site, but, it has to start somewhere.  They do ask sports oriented people to sign a pledge.

Meanwhile, back at the camp, here we have.....what?  I don't even know.  British teen-agers playing a game called "Gay Chicken", to see if anyone would kiss or compromise themselves.  One appears....dubious, but, hey, I can't tell.  He's English  :D.  The other two probably straight.  It's interesting as adolescent horse-play, but does show the formation, possibly, of later views.
 Maybe NSFW due to some lewdness.  Mostly, a few attempts to sorta kiss, some crotch-to-rear frivolity and I'm hoping the breaking wind on a friend was feigned  :P.

Whatever.

http://youtu.be/5_x2E1Dt8Fs

ETA: well, one of the comments said the one standing had adjusted a boner at 2.15 and clearly visible at 2.19, so, we might assume he's gay, as he was aroused. Frankly, the way the youth are going goofy, it's only his mannerisms that might propose that.    The reticence and indifference of each of the others might suggest mixed gay/straight.  I really don't know.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:17:50 PM by Tony5 »

tonydude

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
 Again, I don't know what to make of this one, either: drunk soldier gives a lap dance.  Dude puts on a wig, goes femme, does his buddy, big ha ha. I thought they were gay soldiers. But, at the end, another soldier he fools with says, "get off me, I don't like that.." even though he had been laughing. No nudity.

The point being, whassup?  What's really gay and what's goofing off?  And if goofing off, is that progress or same old/same old?
http://youtu.be/UoQt96q7ef8

ETA: after re-playing, NSFW due to language and general stuff.  Also, showing butt-crack, as they said on the tape.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

tonydude

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
  Thanks, Fritz!  Will read it after posting.

This one is not a femme lap dance by marines.  More like rough play, at several points.  I don't know that it goes to anything, except, yeah, all guys goof off, but letting themselves be filmed would be, I think, the change in attitude.

http://youtu.be/lAUeJESztGA

tonydude

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
Another brief article about Hudson Taylor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/08/wrestler-promotes-lgbt-support_n_846719.html

Am not sure if that was where I originally found the story (it's been a long day  :P), but, Fritz, re-reading it, it's awesome!  Thanks for the link. I hope it holds up for later viewers. Also, in this story, some incredible statements.  He's a man who is confident of himself, and from there, wants to promote justice.