The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc. Vol. II
« Reply #495 on: October 16, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

Wed., Oct. 17, Red Sox at Astros, 8:30 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 18, Red Sox at Astros, 8:00 p.m.

Sat., Oct. 20, Astros at Red Sox*, 5:00 p.m.
Sun., Oct. 21, Astros at Red Sox*, 7:30 p.m.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #496 on: Yesterday at 01:46:53 AM »

Wed., Oct. 17, Brewers at Dodgers, 5:00 p.m.

Fri., Oct. 19, Dodgers at Brewers, 8:30 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 20, Dodgers at Brewers*, 9:00 p.m.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #497 on: Yesterday at 09:24:50 AM »
Dodgers finally get the WIN in the 13th inning!! Sorry, Lyle, I truly TRIED to stay up for this but kept finding myself falling asleep!! It was well past Midnight here then.......maybe it was ALL the innings before that made me sleepy!! ho-hum.........anyway, now it's a real contest again........Good Luck tonight....I may catch some of the late innings tonight.........

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #498 on: Yesterday at 12:26:16 PM »
^^^

You should be awake for the game today, Jonn!

Starting time
East: 5pm
Central: 4pm
Mountain: 3pm
Pacific: 2pm

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #499 on: Yesterday at 12:28:31 PM »

Last night's game verged on cruel and unusual punishment for the teams and the fans!
It was the second longest League Championship play-off game in MLB history. As you
noted, Jonn, on the east coast the game ended at about 2:30 a,m.  11:30 p.m. in Los
Angeles.  And they have to play the third game starting at 2pm here today!

BUT WE WON and that was a great feeling after that 5 hours 15 minute game!

13 innings of record strike outs, swinging and missing and trying to hit home runs instead of getting
runners on. And I'm talking about both teams. The Dodgers have the most home runs in the NL and
the Brewers are second. If the Dodgers don't have at least one home run in a game their record is
very bad. As of yesterday they hadn't won a game without a single home run since August 15th.
Two months ago!

The Dodgers won the season series with Milwaukee 4-3, but both teams are very evenly matched, I'd say.
We played the Brewers 7 games in 10 days, sort of a like a 7 game NLCS stint will be. The 3 games we lost
were close, 1 by 1 run, 1 by 2, and 1 by 3. Two of the ones we won were blowouts, 11-2 and 21-5! You
can't really tell anything by these things, but the Brewers are hot right now.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #500 on: Yesterday at 01:19:44 PM »

Of course, the press tries to find controversy all the time.  Last night in the 10th inning Manny Machado supposedly "kicked" the first baseman's foot running to first base. Words were had by Machado and the first baseman, Jesus Aguilar, a player he's played with in earlier days, prompting a pre-emptive bench clearing that fizzled.  When Machado got to first base in a subsequent inning they exchanged some words that seemed to smooth things over.

After the game the Brewers were calling him a dirty player and it was a dirty play etc. After Yellich was interviewed he was heard walking away saying "F*** that mother****er." Such language!

If you look at the play in slow motion, which has been done ad infinitum, it looks like Machado may have intentionally kicked him. Although it was not a "kick" -- he actually slides the top of his foot over Aguilar's. But if you watch it in real time it happens so fast that it hardly seems pre-meditated or intentional. Also, when Machado was in Baltimore, he had to have two knee surgeries from problems occurring from the way he landed on first base running to it. (IS that a factor? Possible.)

But the sports media wants to create drama and MLB would like ratings. And Machado is controversial. So they're getting people riled up. I like the way all of a sudden baseball players are supposed to be so holier than thou and any little fracas is subject to judgments from on high as though every player is pure and pristine or supposed to be.  Ty Cobb anyone? Remember when Yankee player A-Rod was running from second to third in a game and he loudly yelled a word near where the shortstop on the other team was about to catch the ball, but A-Rod's outburst startled him and he dropped it. A-Rod got lambasted for that. Clutch my pearls!

May I insert that no one seemed to mind during that Dodgers/Mets game I wrote about this summer where a  Mets player pretended to catch a foul ball for an out by falling in to the stands and picking up someone's souvenir ball, then held it up pretending he caught it. The Dodgers lost that game. If we'd won it, we would not have had that extra play-off game this year. But that was treated as an amusing joke to everyone. Where was the outrage back then?

And consider that in the exchange between Machado and Aguilar that followed, Aguilar clearly called Machado a gay slur twice. (Maricon.)  Why no flack for that?

But, I don't like controversies only if they affect the team I'm rooting for!   :D

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #501 on: Yesterday at 07:50:32 PM »

Fri., Oct. 19, Dodgers at Brewers, 8:30 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 20, Dodgers at Brewers*, 9:00 p.m.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #502 on: Yesterday at 07:53:48 PM »
Geaux y'all!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."