The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Collectibles Corner – Showcasing and discussing everything collectible.  (Read 120390 times)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
I just found (and bought) on ebay a piece of super friends memorabilia that I didn't know existed.

I have the bed sheets (stored away), but never knew there was a bed cover as well.

I managed to snag it for only $20.00!

Here are two different shots.

Great!  And $20!  I love it when I find a deal on something I collect.
“Remember the days you prayed for the things you have now.”

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Great!  And $20!  I love it when I find a deal on something I collect.

Yeah, it was a great bargain, and great find!

That looks great!

Who is the character behind Wonder Woman and in front of The Hawk?

Yeah, it will be a great addition to my collection.

If you look at the second pic, in each bottom corner is a dog, and young girl.  Along with the young guy behind Wonder Woman and in front of Hawkman, they were the official sidekicks of The Super Friends, named Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog.

They only appeared in the first season of Super Friends, and had no super powers.   They were carbon-copies of characters you would see on the Scooby-Doo cartoons.

One reviewer described their presence on the show as:  "The would stand around, ask questions, get captured (usually after stumbling into the villain's hideout by mistake), get rescued by the Super Friends, and then help narrate the moral of the episode at the end of the show."

They also appeared in the Super Friends comic book.

After the end of the first season, and the first 9 issues of the comic's run, writers for both the comic and cartoon complained it was too hard to try to write stories with these non-powered characters, and in the next season they were replaced with the Wonder Twins.

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
Sweet dreams, Chuck!
“When we grow older still we’ll speak about those two young men as if they were two strangers..... And we’ll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”

Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Sweet dreams, Chuck!

:laugh:

It will be stored away with the bed sheets, and not used!

Online Sara B

• Obsessed
I guessed that really!
“When we grow older still we’ll speak about those two young men as if they were two strangers..... And we’ll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”

Call Me by Your Name, André Aciman.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
;)  :laugh:

I'd actually like to put it on display, but since it's a bed cover, I'm assuming to do so would take up a large amount of wall space.