The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Pets and Other Animal Friends II  (Read 338118 times)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
Re: Pets and Other Animal Friends II
« Reply #2685 on: August 13, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
I can't imagine the kind of people who would sue a non-profit, cat rescue group.  The rest of the write-up is at the link.

Tinykittens
August 11 at 4:05pm ·

We feel it has become necessary to reach out to our beloved TinyKittens community because we know that some of our dedicated supporters have sensed that something has been different at TinyKittens.

We are reaching out now because we feel we have a responsibility as an organization to be transparent and honest about challenges we face. We had hoped that the TinyKittens team would be able to deal with this situation internally, without impacting our supporters and our work, but the situation has become much larger than our limited internal resources.

As you all know, Shelly is so very dedicated to TinyKittens, its rescue cats and kittens, and the remarkable TinyKittens community that spans the globe. Last fall, changes in Shelly’s personal life caused her to step back from her substantial role with TinyKittens for medical reasons. This has had a significant impact on our operations, and has impacted her ability to be as engaged and present as she would like to be.

Unfortunately, at the beginning of this year, the situation expanded to legal threats against TinyKittens, and we who fight to protect cats and kittens were forced to re-focus our energy on protecting TinyKittens. This legal battle is likely to continue well into 2018, as the timeline for resolution continues to be delayed. Needless to say, we have no choice but to continue to focus our energies on protecting our wonderful organization that has, and will continue, to make a big difference in the lives of the many cats and kittens who need our help.

https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens/posts/1619195541488637
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #2686 on: August 13, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »
Playful lion  :)  He looks like he has footie pajamas on!

Now that you mention it, he  does!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2687 on: August 13, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
I can't imagine the kind of people who would sue a non-profit, cat rescue group.  The rest of the write-up is at the link.

I heard about this as well, and I wonder what's going on?   I  searched on Google to see if some part of the mystery was "public knowledge", but my search turned up empty.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2688 on: August 19, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
synchronized napping

Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2689 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
They'd win the gold!

and is Emmitt lurking around, plotting a wake up call?  ;)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2690 on: August 19, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2691 on: August 20, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »
They'd win the gold!

and is Emmitt lurking around, plotting a wake up call?  ;)

Emmett had a little go-round with Cupcake today, as he attacked from the side of the couch, I could see his arm come up really high and try to whap her on the head.  That didn't happen, but they went back and forth a few times, playfully for the most part - no growls or claws.

But I am a little worried about Emmett.  Ever since a week ago last Wednesday, when I had three workmen in the house making noise, he's been spending most of his days and nights in my closet.  He used to be in the living room window all the time, checking out the neighborhood, any passing bugs or birds outside.  Or on the arm of the sofa with his head in my hand, while my left side would go numb, as he took his nap.  Now if a neighbor across the street closes his car door, he's off to the bedroom, growling as he goes, and spends the rest of the day there, unless i lure him out with treats. 

I'm hoping it will pass, but it's been 10 days and he's still hiding. 
Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2692 on: August 20, 2017, 04:18:54 PM »
hmmmmm,  I wonder what's up with Emmett?   Does he let you pick him  up?   Maybe you can place him on the window, and pet him for a bit, and get him comfortable being there again.

Mom & dad have been away since Friday afternoon, so it's been up to my brother and  I to check in on Blaze and keep him busy and fed.  LOL  it's pretty funny,   he pretends to  be anti-social, but as soon as my parents are gone for any amount of time, he gets all lonely and noisy.

I showed up there at 12:00, fed him, started my laundry and had lunch.    As soon as I was "out of sight" in the basement, I could hear him looking for me or my parents, meowing like he was saying "hello",

Just like this cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV71mpbvl-g

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2693 on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
Blaze is adorable.  Pretending to be anti-social, then giving it away with his talking and looking for attention  :)   Well, they have to keep up appearances as the ones in charge.

Emmett doesn't like me to pick him up, but I did do what you suggested, and put him on his window sill.  He's ok for a while, but then goes into the closet.  If I shut the closet door, he sounds just like the youtube you posted of the cat talking, but he sounds a little desperate, so i make sure it's open...I know he's fine, he just got scared with so many people and so much noise on one day...

He did leave the closet for the safety of a quilt on the floor...it was headed for the laundry, until I saw the paws...
Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2694 on: August 20, 2017, 07:39:22 PM »
I wonder if they realize their paws give them away when they hide like that.  There is always a paw or tail sticking out.   :laugh:

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2695 on: August 23, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
I took a walk between buildings at work yesterday to try to get some exercise and look what I found.  A dove has a nest on the 2nd floor, right outside a window.  The babies are pretty big, they might be ready to fly off on their own soon. 

Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2696 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
oh, very cool!

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2697 on: September 17, 2017, 06:30:56 AM »
A good story out of the hurricane...

This is “Irma”, she is one of the Muscovy ducks that hangs out in the ponds in front of, and behind our house in Plant City, Florida. About a month ago she laid 13 eggs at the base of the Live Oak tree in the front yard. She usually gets on and off the nest multiple times a day to eat and drink. When I got up this past Sunday morning Irma was on her nest.

The weather was already turning nasty with high winds and rain. Towards evening as the hurricane was heading towards us, we had torrential rains and wind gusts up to 107mph! Irma hunkered down and never left her nest. We could watch her from our bathroom window as we were lucky and never lost power. When the eye of the hurricane was over our house we went out to check on her and she was still sitting tight. After the eye passed the wind and rain kicked up again and we finally went to sleep around 2:00am.

When we woke up Monday morning, there was Irma, still sitting on her nest, covered in broken tree branches and Spanish moss, but alive and unharmed, all 13 eggs still intact. Monday was still very windy and Irma had yet to leave her nest so we brought her food and water which she readily accepted.

Today, Tuesday, she finally got up from her nest, stretched her legs and took a quick dip in the pond before heading back to her eggs.

So, here’s to Irma, super duck, who sat through a category 2-3 hurricane, protecting her eggs, and said “not today hurricane Irma, not on my watch”! Looking forward to having 13 Muscovy ducklings soon, pooping all over our driveway.

http://www.horseandman.com/people-and-places/irma-muscovey-duck-survived-hurricane-irma-13-eggs/09/16/2017/
Bye, Felicia

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #2698 on: September 17, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
Geaux Irma!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #2699 on: September 17, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »
what a determined momma!   Glad she and her eggs are ok!