The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2  (Read 407776 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 11:21:24 AM »
Watch Idol last night to see the battle of the Diva's, all I can say is poor Randy and poor Keith. 

I stopped watching Idol when it became more about hiring and flaunting celebrity judges.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
You are right, it became all about them and less about the contestants.  It was best when it was Simon, Paula and Randy!
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline doodler

• Obsessed
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
You mean Dixon? So would I--to move him to my place.  >:D

Dixon, Dillon, Domino... I'd have no objection to him leaving Vegas for your place.
 ;D
In 2010, 606 people (all ages) were accidentally killed by guns.
Almost 3000 teens (15-19) die in traffic accidents a year.
1100 kids under 19 drown each year.
44 kids under 5 died of heat stroke in hot cars in 2013.
HIGH school sports account for 1.2 million trips to the ER annually.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
Yeah, I know. ...

In the Elementary episode, it was good to see Roger Rees, but, oi,  he isn't aging well.  ::)

(Every Christmas "I see him 30 years ago," when I watch the George C. Scott A Christmas Carol. Roger Rees  played Scrooge's nephew Fred.)

At least it was the episode with the first mention of "Irene."

Yeah, he has not aged well, (But I am the last person who should be mentioning this!! :D )

I don't know. I can't either. Vincent is a very complicated character. Maybe more complicated than Ralph.

According to TV Guide (which might not be up to date in its listing), next week's episode is a rerun, the one that introduced Laura.

I'm still very worried about Jack. I would not want to see Jason O'Mara eliminated from the show. But, who knows, maybe that was the plan all along.

The feeling I am getting is that Ralph has not garnered as much interest from the viewing public, and the other 3 characters have, so the writers are expanding their roles as a result. Just my POV. I started watching because of Dennis Quaid, but am not staying because of him.

If Jack goes, I would be hard pressed to stay as well, as Doodler has said.

I keep becoming more and more obsessed of a fan of Dixon.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »
Oh and Jeff, the rerun episode of POI, with the woman who kidnapped Harold Finch. I am thinking that maybe this character is coming back, since they did not take her out when Reese rescued Finch. It seems they may be reintroducing her for the next episode.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
The feeling I am getting is that Ralph has not garnered as much interest from the viewing public, and the other 3 characters have, so the writers are expanding their roles as a result. Just my POV.

If that's the case, it must be kind of hard on Dennis Quaid: to be the "star" of your own show and have the audience more interested in your supporting cast?  :-\ Of course, Quaid is a producer, so if this is what the writers are doing, surely he had some say in the decision.

But maybe that was the point of the "old flame," to start making more of Ralph? Jack's in love with a mobster's daughter, and Dixon's a horndog and a bit of comic relief, but what is there to Ralph? He's just ... sheriff. I even found myself wondering Monday night how the heck they're keeping a ranch operating.  ???

I started watching because of Dennis Quaid, but am not staying because of him.

Me, too. And this isn't the only show where this has happened to me. I started watching N.C.I.S. L.A. for Chris O'Donnell, and now I really watch it for Hettie, Sam, Deeks, and Eric.  :-\

If Jack goes, I would be hard pressed to stay as well, as Doodler has said.

Same here.

I keep becoming more and more obsessed of a fan of Dixon.

Hey, he's a hot young cowboy.  :D

Dixon, Dillon, Domino... I'd have no objection to him leaving Vegas for your place.
 ;D

Thanks!  ;D

BTW, a little while ago I remembered something else I liked about that episode of Elementary: Holmes was prattling on in his usual way about a suspect wearing a pager, and Doctor Watson hauled him up short: "For your information that's not a pager. It's an insulin pump. Your suspect is diabetic."

Way to go, Joan!  :D

Oh and Jeff, the rerun episode of POI, with the woman who kidnapped Harold Finch. I am thinking that maybe this character is coming back, since they did not take her out when Reese rescued Finch. It seems they may be reintroducing her for the next episode.

I don't know. I was really only paying attention to the part where they introduced the dog.  ;D

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
Grey's tonight, what a twist at the end!!  ::)

I got bored with the whole Lance Armstrong thing, deleted it from my PVR.

Watching Blue Bloods now..
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
If that's the case, it must be kind of hard on Dennis Quaid: to be the "star" of your own show and have the audience more interested in your supporting cast?  :-\ Of course, Quaid is a producer, so if this is what the writers are doing, surely he had some say in the decision.

Maybe as producer, it may be his decision to bring the others to the forefront. But who knows?

But maybe that was the point of the "old flame," to start making more of Ralph? Jack's in love with a mobster's daughter, and Dixon's a horndog and a bit of comic relief, but what is there to Ralph? He's just ... sheriff. I even found myself wondering Monday night how the heck they're keeping a ranch operating.  ???

My thoughts as well!

Me, too. And this isn't the only show where this has happened to me. I started watching N.C.I.S. L.A. for Chris O'Donnell, and now I really watch it for Hettie, Sam, Deeks, and Eric.  :-\ 

I was never a big Chris O'Donnell fan, but love Linda Hunt.

Hey, he's a hot young cowboy.  :D 

Is he ever!! ::)

I don't know. I was really only paying attention to the part where they introduced the dog.  ;D

I love Bear.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Tony_

• Obsessed
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »
....I love Bear.
   Me, too !!!

[For others, baffled, Bear is the dog on POI]

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »
I love both their reactions to Bear, but especially Finch's. It was a particularly funny episode when Finch brought sprinkle donuts for dogs and Reese ate one! :D
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
I love both their reactions to Bear, but especially Finch's. It was a particularly funny episode when Finch brought sprinkle donuts for dogs and Reese ate one! :D

It was!  :D

I'm glad when they interject a little humor this way.

I didn't used to care much for Michael Emerson, but I've come to like Harold a lot.

I have to admit, since I came to the show "late," after most of the premise was established, I don't quite know what to make of Lionel. I understand Det. Carter used to be "after" "the man in the suit" (Reese), and she has been convinced to work with them--how, I don't know--I missed that part--but Lionel confuses me a bit.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »
This is from a website, Jeff,  when the series gegan,  and gives a pretty good basic synopsis of the 4 main characters. Of course they all have evolved as the stories progress.

Finch: The eccentric billionaire who created the machine that allows the government to track "relevant" and "irrelevant" activity (major loss of life vs. few causalities). Not able to stop thinking about the irrelevant findings, Finch created a backdoor into the system that gives him the social security number of the next person of interest -- however, the information given has no way of determining whether the person chosen is the victim or the perpetrator, making their job that much more precarious.

Reese: An ex-CIA agent who is presumed dead. Reese basically checked out of life following the death of the woman he loved. Recognizing Reese just needed a purpose in life to bring him out of his lonely, homeless existence, Finch approached him with an offer he couldn't refuse and now the two work together to try and prevent crimes before they happen. Killing, torture, blackmail -- Reese will stop at nothing to save innocent victims.

Fusco: The dirty cop Reese blackmails to get his foot in the door at the police department. In the pilot, Fusco had been working with other dirty cops and had Reese captive in the back seat of his car, where he was preparing to "take care of him forever." Naturally, Reese escaped and turned the tables on the cop.

Carter: Tough as nails female cop searching for the man in the suit her collars keep referring to when they're being questioned. In the pilot, Carter was one of the cops questioning Reese when he was brought in after beating up the men who attacked him in the subway (while he was living as a homeless man). Immediately suspicious of how he managed to subdue several men at once, Carter began investigating this mysterious man. It won't be long before she puts two and two together and figures out he is the man in the suit.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »
This is from a website, Jeff,  when the series gegan,  and gives a pretty good basic synopsis of the 4 main characters. Of course they all have evolved as the stories progress.

Thanks, Sweetheart!  :)  :-*

Offline Tony_

• Obsessed
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »
  Am finally going to try Teen Wolf.  If Jack says it's good, then it's worth a go.  But, since I don't get MTV, it'll have to be DVD's from the library  :P.

Meanwhile, for those who like Person of Interest, apparently there is now such a computer, with similar capabilities, called Trapwire, or something, according to news reports.  As usual, life imitates art, and the general public's reaction was "Mooooooo...".

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
As usual, life imitates art, and the general public's reaction was "Mooooooo...".

Maybe art is imitating life, in this instance. None of us know which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Call Me By Your Name