The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2  (Read 392961 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
 Am finally going to try Teen Wolf.  If Jack says it's good, then it's worth a go.  But, since I don't get MTV, it'll have to be DVD's from the library  :P.

Meanwhile, for those who like Person of Interest, apparently there is now such a computer, with similar capabilities, called Trapwire, or something, according to news reports.  As usual, life imitates art, and the general public's reaction was "Mooooooo...".
the first, oh, 5-6 episodes and primarily teen beefcake, don't use them as a barometer.  the hunks ar still pretty to look at, but i pretty much rolled my eyeballs at how little story was driving it.  it has picked up speed enormously, and several of the interactions/ pairings, official, and unofficial have taken a life of their own, and the fan base, teen and perv seem to be having considerable input, and the input is heavily m/m.  the male and female lead took an entire season to find any chemistry, but the alpha sexy werewolf and the goober best friend fairly crackle with bromance, and there is an established gay character that they take a long time to figure out what to do with.  in fact, odds are that in the new season of 24 episodes! they will need to flesh him out, and he is one hot hawaiian boy.  wade through the first season at speed, although the blooper reels are probably funny.  by early
season two, i think you will be a fan.
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
re: jodie foster, i heard it the way i heard it.  those that defended her often did it cutting her slack, and i don't.  i won't repeat myself, as i am tempted to do, but nothing i have heard, nor reviewing the speech with a view towards finding some humility, has caused me to think anything but what i said i thought previously.

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »
re: jodie foster, i heard it the way i heard it.  those that defended her often did it cutting her slack, and i don't.  i won't repeat myself, as i am tempted to do, but nothing i have heard, nor reviewing the speech with a view towards finding some humility, has caused me to think anything but what i said i thought previously.

And did you see my post that Mel Gibson may be her babies Daddy?  If that is true, I really question her sanity!
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline Tony_

• Obsessed
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »
Downton Abbey FINALLY starts getting back on track !!!!  Branson has fled from Ireland after a Fenian castle-burning.  The dowager countess never liked that particular family so it was ok by her.  The fallen woman is on the road to semi-redemption.  And. Thomas has fallen, loopy, over the new footman, Jimmy.  And here I had thought he could never bother with anyone lower than a duke.
  This is real period-piece drama.  Even Lady Sybil is on board, and has written to a newspaper, and, according to the previews, may become a columnist.  Finally some freaking action !!!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
And did you see my post that Mel Gibson may be her babies Daddy?  If that is true, I really question her sanity!

Really! She might have at least picked Johnny Depp. ...  ;)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »

I'll repeat yourself for those who missed it in the previous thread.

by equating ellen degeneris, lance bass, zaquary quinto, neil patrick harris, jesse tyler ferguson, andrew rannels, and countless others in the entertainment industry alone, never mind politics , journalism and sports, who have come out with honey boo boo mindless sensationalism (mind you, even "uncle poodle" the redneck gay family member showed more grace when outed by the show), dismissing all of them, and all of us who have chosen, at risk of life and limb, career and family, to live openly to put a face on gayness that the public could see, so that the world might be a bit safer for the young when they come out as of the same value, ms foster has shown herself to be completely lacking in grace, gratitude and empathy.  i may respect her talent, but i dislike her as a person profoundly.  she could turn this around by coming forward with a real apology showing an understanding of how grievously hurtful and disrespectful that part of her statement was to the very people who by dint of their sacrifice made her life and career possible.  i won't hold my breath waiting.  as if to ad further insult, her guest was the homophobic, anti semitic, wife beating mel gibson.

a pox on both their houses...

First, I'll repeat myself in saying that I'm not a huge Jodie Foster fan, and her realtionship with Mel Gibson has
always seemed odd to me, but really?  All those other people came out for all those noble reasons?  What about
those you didn't mention who haven't come out at all and even lie about their lives?  (Like Kevin Spacey.)  She may
not have ever publicly displayed the noble aspects you think the others have, but everyone has their own journey and
unless you have a pair of Foster mocassins, I wouldn't throw stones from your glass house so easily. There's a lot of
people and their actions that one could choose to take offense at and she rubbed you the wrong way, so be it. Many
of those you cited as positive examples were supportive of her.

(Also, I suppose if this conversation is to continue it should be in the COMING OUT, HOW & WHY thread.)

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Tonight is Purefoy+Bacon night!!!  THE FOLLOWING premieres at 9:00PM on Fox and CTV. 
"Florence, this is a tough hurricane. One of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." - Trump

Offline doodler

• Obsessed
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »
I didn't know James Purefoy was in that. Been looking forward to it and now it's with bated breath!
In 2010, 606 people (all ages) were accidentally killed by guns.
Almost 3000 teens (15-19) die in traffic accidents a year.
1100 kids under 19 drown each year.
44 kids under 5 died of heat stroke in hot cars in 2013.
HIGH school sports account for 1.2 million trips to the ER annually.

Offline doodler

• Obsessed
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
Oh wow!

And Touch is coming back in a couple weeks.
Go FOX!
In 2010, 606 people (all ages) were accidentally killed by guns.
Almost 3000 teens (15-19) die in traffic accidents a year.
1100 kids under 19 drown each year.
44 kids under 5 died of heat stroke in hot cars in 2013.
HIGH school sports account for 1.2 million trips to the ER annually.

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »
Oh wow!

Go FOX!

Nice update on the "gay best friend" character.  They usually end up dead like in Single White Female which is on now.
"Florence, this is a tough hurricane. One of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." - Trump

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:51 PM »
What's with women and facial moles tonight?  Anderson Cooper interviewed some woman with a HUGE mole on her upper lip.  A main character in THE FOLLOWING had a HUGE mole above her lower lip.  Even CASTLE featured a woman with a HUGE mole above her lower lip. We're not talking Marilyn Monroe beauty marks, these were HUGE moles like you see on witches.  Forget the botox and implants, get rid of that HUGE mole.  Sheesh!

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 04:43:48 AM »
actually, that would tend to explain a lot, although the kids look nothing like him.  mel gibson was not always a loon, and i don't think he was always a bigot either.  he may well be suffering from some form of late onset mental illness.  to look at the lost creature he has become as a relatively young man, and look again at his earlier life and works, the greatest sadness is not who he is now, but how he has fallen...

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »
I didn't know James Purefoy was in that. Been looking forward to it and now it's with bated breath!
i think i may forgive you for all our misgivings just for saying BATED breath instead of baited, which sends me screaming from a computer screen...

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 04:47:58 AM »
delighted to hear this! i had thought the show was a good bet to be cancelled, and i found it compelling.  terrific writing, and well acted.