The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2  (Read 347536 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
« Reply #6390 on: October 08, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »
I am pretty sure the psychologist stated it when Danny was in the second session with him.

I think you're right. That sounds about right.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6391 on: October 09, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »

I've been seeing very brief teasers for a coming show on TNT called The Alienist.
Does anyone know if it's based on the very popular novel from the 1990's. I can't
find out much about it online. They were trying to make it into a movie for years,
but back then didn't want to spend a lot of money on the period aspects. Now they
can with CGI and such. If it's the same thing

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #6392 on: October 09, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »
I've just started watching the Netflix series Ozark, with Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Has anyone here already seen the series, and do they recommend it? I've only watched the 1st episode, looks interesting, so far...... ;D

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6393 on: October 10, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »

I've heard it's good, but I haven't seen it. There is so much out there to watch that when somebody says "Have you seen..." my reaction is "NO!" No more TV series to watch, it's too much!   ;D

(Plus, I've been watching hours of baseball.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6394 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »
I've been seeing very brief teasers for a coming show on TNT called The Alienist.

I saw a longer ad for it on TNT last night and it is based on the book of the same name.

Anyone read the book?  It was very popular when it came out.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6395 on: October 10, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »

Anyone read the book?  It was very popular when it came out.

I did. I really enjoyed it.

Oddly enough, when I tried to read the sequel, The Angel of Darkness, I got to about the middle and stopped. I don't know why. I did not dislike the book. I just ... stopped, and never went back to it.  :">
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:36:49 AM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6396 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »

L&O: SVU, the plotline with Olivia's son takes a turn.

The stand alone plot line involved a man being castrated in a hotel room.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6397 on: October 12, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »
I've watched a couple episodes of 9JKL. It feels like it's trying
to find it's footing. Hope it does, it's got a good cast. Mostly, I
just remembered one peripheral character who is not so good.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6398 on: October 12, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »
L&O: SVU, the plotline with Olivia's son takes a turn.

Kind of interesting to watch Mariska Hargitay and her husband (Olivia's lawyer) acting together.

At least, I guess they're still married. ... Hollywood. ...

He gets around. He's also Erin Reagan's ex-husband on Bluebloods.  ;D

And he hawks laundry detergent.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6399 on: October 19, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »
Rather interesting and timely episode on L&O, SVU last night, though I think it wasn't the first time they covered that ground. I think the big difference was the bullying angle.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #6400 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »
I see occasional episodes of Project Runway because i have friends that watch it and i enjoy it, but I haven't heard about the twins this season. I don't have the channel it's on any more.

They are annoying  as  hell.   :laugh:   Although they have both been voted out as  of last week.

They are Shawn and Claire Buitendorp and told people they could remember who is who because "Shawn shaved, Clair hair".   

While there was no rule about designers helping each other, these two  took it to the extreme, constantly working at each other's tables to help each other  finish designs.   Finally a challenge came for pairs, and they choose each other, and were in the bottom.   Because they worked together so much, the judges couldn't decide who was worse designer, so they had to have a special challenge against each other to determine who should be sent home.

After 20 minutes,  Shawn had nothing put together, and Claire had a dress halfway done, so Shawn called Tim Gunn in, admitted defeat, and left so her sister could stay.

The very next challenge, Claire won.  However,  other designers revealed that Clair had measuring equipment in her room, and was measuring her own clothes and using those measurements in her creations, which was against the rules, and she was told she had to leave.

And now, the show is 'twin drama' free.   :laugh:

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #6401 on: October 19, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
I guess nobody here is watch AHS:Cult. It's getting really interesting. Tuesday's episode included flashbacks to Andy Warhol's late sixties NYC with Lena Dunham playing Valerie Solanas.  Here's a recap:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/american-horror-story-recap-season-7-episode-7-valerie-solanas-died-for-your-sins-scumbag-1202592940/

"This is an island. Surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water." - Trump

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
« Reply #6402 on: October 19, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »
Also, I'm actually enjoying the new Will & Grace. I still find Karen's voice annoying, though.  As one gets older, high pitch voices become harder to understand. Has anyone been watching?
"This is an island. Surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water." - Trump

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6403 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
Also, I'm actually enjoying the new Will & Grace. I still find Karen's voice annoying, though.  As one gets older, high pitch voices become harder to understand. Has anyone been watching?

I haven't watched it (Karen's voice being one reason ... ), but I saw a commercial for it where Jack finds out he's a grandfather, and that suggested it might be worth checking out.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #6404 on: October 20, 2017, 03:22:44 AM »
I'm most of the way through Mindhunter on Netflix. Not my usual thing at all but Iím watching it (in daylight hours) for Jonathan Groff, and I must say itís extremely gripping. I just have to make sure I donít think about it in the middle of the night.

There were only the two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawk's back and the crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below, suspended above ordinary affairs....