The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2  (Read 406816 times)

Offline oilgun

• Obsessed
Re: TV Right Now: The Good, the Bad, and the Totally Sucky - Volume 2
« Reply #6750 on: September 27, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »
I watched two episodes of American Horror Story: Apocalypse and I wasn't at all impressed. It was one of my favourite shows in the past but this season, so far, is just not doing it for me.
"Florence, this is a tough hurricane. One of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water." - Trump

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6751 on: September 28, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
I really liked the episode of Murphy Brown last night.

She mentioned Dan Quayle.  ;D

And I loved the special guest star!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:46:04 PM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6752 on: October 01, 2018, 09:22:43 AM »

Yes, it was better than I had expected.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6753 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
The episode of 9-1-1 that ran last night featured a too-brief shot of Ryan Guzman without a shirt on. I think they need to include more shots like that.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6754 on: October 09, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »
^^^

This is the closest photo I could find to that opening scene. I liked the whole scene, getting up, breakfast,
dressing...putting on his uniform...etc.  Very nice!

Getting my hopes up:  Jeff, did you at all get any ideas about his, more than once in the episode, getting a bit annoyed
when other people hinted at or wanted to set him up on a date?  Probably wishful thinking on my part that he might turn
out to be gay...?

It's a Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk show, so you never know...the possibility is there.

I like that the writer's like to have each 9-1-1 emergency tie in with each other in some way. This episode
was about people being :"stuck" in things, literally in the case of the emergencies, and figuratively with the
characters.

The incident that Chim talked about coming to terms with (the Asian character) was played out in an episode
last year and very harrowing. I mention it because I don't believe you saw every episode.

So far this season they've been filming out on location in Los Angeles, and so I've recognized a lot of places.
The hotel in the earthquake segments (it was a different name in the show) was filmed at the W Hotel at
Hollywood & Vine.

Last night's episode I recognized the Rosslyn Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and the Saddle Ranch, where
the girl had her head stuck in the tailpipe, is a couple blocks from here on Sunset Blvd. This is also where
Chim had the dinner date with his ex in a later scene.

That's always an interesting aspect and aded attraction of these L.A. set shows to me.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6755 on: October 09, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
^^^

This is the closest photo I could find to that opening scene. I liked the whole scene, getting up, breakfast,
dressing...putting on his uniform...etc.  Very nice!

I thought so, too. Really very sweet, watching him as a dad with the little boy.

Getting my hopes up:  Jeff, did you at all get any ideas about his, more than once in the episode, getting a bit annoyed
when other people hinted at or wanted to set him up on a date?  Probably wishful thinking on my part that he might turn
out to be gay...?

It's a Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk show, so you never know...the possibility is there.

Stranger things. ... Of course, they already have one (token?) gay character, Athena's husband. (Ex-husband? Have they formally divorced yet? Is he still going to be a regular character?)

I just read it as Eddie (Guzman) being really annoyed that a single young stud like Buckley has no clue what it's like to be a single parent with a child dependent on you, especially a child with special needs. Buckley "grew" in the sense that he came to understand what Eddie is up against and tried to help by getting the woman to help Eddie navigate the system to get the help that he needs to care for his little boy.

And OK, OK, even writing this, I want to cry when I think about the sequence with Eddie's little boy at the fire station.

The incident that Chim talked about coming to terms with (the Asian character) was played out in an episode
last year and very harrowing. I mention it because I don't believe you saw every episode.

Thanks. No, I only saw about three episodes of last season. It didn't confuse me, or anything, that I hadn't seen that episode. I think it was sufficient (at least it was for me) to know that something had happened that he ended up with a piece of rebar stuck through his head and lived to tell the tale. I thought, however, that he should have a scar, or something. I guess it was under his hair. ...

I'm just a little upset right now because I realized I may miss the next two episodes.  >:(

Edit to Add: Last evening on the Internet I found a couple of pictures of Ryan Guzman in underwear, and one nude from the rear with him leaning against the side of a swimming pool (nice butt, of course), but I didn't have much time to search. It's on my to-do list.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:38:35 AM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6756 on: October 10, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »

Always good to have a to do list!  ;)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6757 on: October 10, 2018, 12:02:58 PM »

Linda, whenever the next Amazing Race airs, I found out Tyler Oakley is going to
be on it again. I believe you follow him online somewhere...did you know this?

Offline gwyllion

• Backpacker
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • NaNoWriMo 2018
    • AO3
« Reply #6758 on: October 10, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
Linda, whenever the next Amazing Race airs, I found out Tyler Oakley is going to

Does anyone not adore Tyler Oakley?

<3

Lyle!! A couple nights ago, I was dangling my feet off the edge of Pont Neuf while watching the sunset over the Seine. AND discussing The Amazing Race with a couple from Kentucky! Thinking of you, of course  :-*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Like Solzhenitsyn, labouring in Vermont, I shall beaver away in exile..." -Cloud Atlas

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6759 on: October 10, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

No I hadn't heard this, Lyle. Thanks for letting me know. I follow him on most of the social media sites. Mostly his Podcast on YouTube, FB, Twitter, and Instagram.

Do you know who he is going to partner with?
Nevermind, he and Corey are teamed up again. I'll have to keep my eyes opened as to when the show premiers.

I was wondering where he disappeared to this summer, so this answers that question.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:46:05 PM by killersmom »
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6760 on: October 11, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »
Does anyone not adore Tyler Oakley?

<3

Lyle!! A couple nights ago, I was dangling my feet off the edge of Pont Neuf while watching the sunset over the Seine. AND discussing The Amazing Race with a couple from Kentucky! Thinking of you, of course  :-*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That sounds really nice!

And thanks for thinking of me, too!

Offline gwyllion

• Backpacker
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • NaNoWriMo 2018
    • AO3
« Reply #6761 on: October 11, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
That sounds really nice!

And thanks for thinking of me, too!

The Kentuckians and I remarked how TAR gives travelers confidence to shrug off inconveniences or plans that go awry. By watching TAR, one learns to 'go with the flow' and deal with any obstacle as it comes. I would never have become a good traveler, if not for that show!
"Like Solzhenitsyn, labouring in Vermont, I shall beaver away in exile..." -Cloud Atlas

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #6762 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »
I'll have to keep my eyes opened as to when the show premiers.
I was wondering where he disappeared to this summer, so this answers that question.

Yes, they filmed approximately from June 10 - July 10th or so.  When Amazing Race last aired it
began the first week of January and got better ratings than it had in quite awhile, to CBS's surprise.
There was disagreement as to whether it was because CBS gave it a better time slot than it had
in a few seasons or if it was because one of the teams they cast had been popular on Big Brother
during the summer and they drew some of the audience. (They also happened to win it.) So this
time around CBS wanted Amazing Race to have the teams all come from their successful reality
series. So this Race is comprised of former players from Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race.

I don't like that idea as a general rule. Amazing Race has done a couple seasons with former Amazing
Race team mates (All Stars and Second Chances) and they've occasionally had a team from Big Brother
and Survivor, but nothing like this before. I am just happy that it's continuing. CBS was airing it haphazardly
the previous seasons before this year and changing the time slots so much that people thought #30 might
be the last one, but it proved a success and so CBS let it come back with their idea of all reality star teams
and has also given it another season after the next one, which will be filmed in Nov. early Dec.!  That one
seems to be going back to the original idea of the show without the reality star gimmick.

When they will air is another question. It's probable the next one will start as the last one did, the first week
of January. Maybe the next one after that could be a summer season. In the early years they had two or three
summer seasons that were like going on a summer vacation every week. I'm sure CBS will tell us when they get
around to it.

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #6763 on: October 11, 2018, 01:30:29 PM »
The time slot was always a problem for me as they kept moving it around. I don't watch it regularly, but do usually find out who's going to be on the teams. I didn't this time as I genuinely thought it had been cancelled.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #6764 on: October 14, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
Since the very beginning of Blue Bloods, Commissioner Regan (Tom Selleck) has had an administrative assistant named Baker, played by an actress named Abigail Hawk. In the early seasons, Baker didn't do much more than open the office door to tell the commissioner he had a visitor.

At some point, I don't remember when, we did learn that Baker is actually on the force and has the rank of detective, but we still didn't see much more of her until close to the end of last season, if my memory is correct.

This season, however, Baker's roll has been enlarged considerably. In Friday's episode she was even included in a meeting with the commissioner and his two top advisers (both male). In an earlier episode this season, she actually went undercover to investigate an SVU officer who was accused of blaming rape victims for getting themselves attacked.

I think introducing Baker into the commissioner's inner circle is a very good move.

I think in one episode I even heard the commissioner address her by her first name (Abigail). (Yes, the actress' name is Abigail, but that doesn't mean they didn't decide to call her character Abigail also.)