The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond  (Read 195961 times)

Offline Melisande

• Obsessed
    • LiveJournal
New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:30:26 AM »
Welcome new forum members! Please ask any questions you have about the forum here. Can't figure out how to edit a quote? Have a burning desire to discuss a certain topic but don't know where to go? Don't know what rotflmao means? Here's the place. More experienced members will be happy to help. 

Welcome experienced members! Share your knowledge here. And if you have a question, ask!

let be, let be

Offline Rosewood

• Obsessed
Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »
Going in I have to tell you that I don't know most computer lingo terms, so pardon that.
The only reason I have a computer is that my daughter gave me one.
Having said that, I bless the child daily for insisting that her mother enter the 21st century.
I love my computer!

OK, I would like to know how to pick out a quote from a post I want to reply to and block it in in yellow so that it shows up outlined in my post.

Please explain in simple language and I will be forever greatful.
Thanks.
R
"Tut, tut, child," said the Duchess.
"Everything's got a moral if only you can find it."
                                                  Lewis Carroll

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:27:28 PM »
OK, I would like to know how to pick out a quote from a post I want to reply to and block it in in yellow so that it shows up outlined in my post.

Thanks.
R

In the box around the post you want to 'put in the yellow box' you shoudl see a button that says 'QUOTE' Click that button and you will be taken to the Post reply screen with the post inside some special characters starting with [ quote auth      and ending with /quote]start typing YOUR comment AFTER the last ]

Hope that helps
never enough time, never enough....

Some fictional characters are less fictional than others

Offline Rosewood

• Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:40:42 PM »

Thanks.
R

In the box around the post you want to 'put in the yellow box' you shoudl see a button that says 'QUOTE' Click that button and you will be taken to the Post reply screen with the post inside some special characters starting with [ quote auth      and ending with /quote]start typing YOUR comment AFTER the last ]

Hope that helps

If I understood you correctly, this should work.
Thanks for the help.
R
"Tut, tut, child," said the Duchess.
"Everything's got a moral if only you can find it."
                                                  Lewis Carroll

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »

Thanks.
R

Hope that helps

If I understood you correctly, this should work.
Thanks for the help.
R

You got it!

Offline PetiteMiel

• Experienced
Re: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »
OK this isn't a technical question but hopefully someone can answer it for me. I was wondering if we have a thread for the more creative aspects of the fandom. I saw a thread for fan fiction linksin the adult section but didn't see anything for posting or linking to videos, desktop wall papers, icons, etc. I wasn't sure if there was one and I had just skipped over it or if there wasn't one because they don't allow that here. If someone could let me know that would be helpful. Thanks.

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 07:08:01 PM »
We don't have such a thread at present time. Most of this stuff is found in various threads.

It sounds like a great thread for someone to start in Meet-and-Greet (members can start their own threads in this part of our forum).

Pete

Offline PetiteMiel

• Experienced
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »
Hey Pete Thanks for the quick response.

Offline jwhartz

• Virgin
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »
Welcome new forum members! Please ask any questions you have about the forum here. Can't figure out how to edit a quote? Have a burning desire to discuss a certain topic but don't know where to go? Don't know what rotflmao means? Here's the place. More experienced members will be happy to help. 

Welcome experienced members! Share your knowledge here. And if you have a question, ask!

I just fell into this site, and I hope I never fall out.  I have been so moved by the BBM mania that I hope and pray the next venture in gay oriented genre films will be Patrica Nell Warren's THE FRONT RUNNER.  Long overdue to be seen on film....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 02:27:21 AM by killersmom »

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 11:41:10 AM »
jwhartz, welcome to the forum, which I have always called the best place in the world.  If you have any questions about how to navigate through here, this is the place.  Glad to have you.

paintedshoes
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

bluebird2

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 08:57:11 AM »
Hi---although I'm not a new member I thought maybe you could tell me how to open the Daily Sheet for today, Monday the 1st.  When I try to open it I keep getting yesterday's sheet--April 30.  Thanks.  As you can see, I really do enjoy reading the Daily Sheet!

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »
  Hi---although I'm not a new member I thought maybe you could tell me how to open the Daily Sheet for today, Monday the 1st.  When I try to open it I keep getting yesterday's sheet--April 30.  Thanks.  As you can see, I really do enjoy reading the Daily Sheet!

Oops looks like the wrong link got posted.  Try this: http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=7520.msg203253#msg203253

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »
Hey folks..not new here, but have a question.  I haven't seen any early results of how BBM did on DVD release.  What numbers did it pull in for the first few weeks?  And how did it rate against others for those weeks?  Thanks!
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

Offline pwday

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
I wish I could hide the fact that I am not new here right now... but maybe, since I have this question, others may too. 

Is there a site map?  A one page outline listing all of the threads?

I've been looking for the "photo captions" thread for a while now, and soon I am going to forget the caption I'd like to post, or have to leave the computer.... there must be an easier way than trial and error.

I hope this isn't a completely stupid question.
"Anything interesting up there in heaven?"
"I was just sending up a prayer of thanks."

Offline KittyHawk

• Senior Advisor
  • Obsessed
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 05:00:50 AM »
Good morning, pwday! I'm not new here, either, but there's still lots I don't know.
But I may be able to help with this one.

The quickest way I've found to get to a thread I can't find is to use the blue "Search" button near the top of  each page.CLick on that button, then where it says "Search for" type in "Photo Caption Thread", hit Search, and it will be in one of the top 3 or 4 items it finds for you.

Another way I just thought of is to go to the forum home page, scroll down until you see "The LIghter Side" and the photo captioning thread is in there! By the way, it's one of my favorite places.

Hope one of these works for you!

- KittyHawk