The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond  (Read 196809 times)

bluebird2

Re: New Members Ask - Experienced Members Respond
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2006, 03:45:08 PM »
Hi---Could someone tell me how NOT to receive topic replies in my e-mail?  I have tried the unsubscribe line for each e-mail, but it does not seem to work.  Is there a way I can delete this capability from my profile?  Thanks

Gonzo

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »
Bluebird2,

The way I do it is to go to the particular thread and click on the notify button.  If you are subscribed to the thread it will ask you if you want to disable the function.  Click yes.  If this doesn't work, there might be more of a problem than I can assist with.

Offline Ellen (tellyouwhat)

• Proulx 101
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • resist the corporate Taliban
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2006, 09:24:48 PM »
Hi, Not sure where to post this question, but if we buy stuff from "the store" (the cafepress stuff, not Amazon) does the site get any money?
Thanks.
Kelly

Hi Kelly -

The answer is YES.  The forum benefits any time you buy through the Ultimate Brokeback Store link.  My reasons for supporting the forum -- gazillion hours of mind-stimulating genre-specific entertainment, and good causes (Ad campaign, DVD campaign, book project, etc.)
sometimes I think life is just a rodeo the trick is to ride and make it 'til the bell --john fogerty

bluebird2

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 06:33:09 AM »
Thanks Twistedboy--your advice seems to have worked!

Offline such.is.life

• Virgin
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 05:33:02 PM »
Hi from Brasil! Please forgive my poor written English. I'm a member of this forum since mid February, two weeks after BBM oppened here and I had the opportunity to watch it. This is the first time I write, because I think I can give a good, real contribution.
Are you aware of the WSA - World Soundtrack Award? Well to make a long story short the public also can vote, and of course BBM's terrific soundtrack is a contender. The period for voting starts on 07/01 and since in Europe it's past midnight we can already begin to vote - I did it a few minutes ago and the weblink is

http://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com/awards.cgi

This forum has grown so much, I have no idea if this is really new to you guys & girls, anyway is good to have an opportunity to talk to you. It would be lovely if our community could cast our vote and express one more time our love for this movie.
Thanx,
such.is.life

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 11:57:30 PM »
such.is.life....hello to you in Brazil.  Thank you so much for the information.  I just placed my vote.  Please post more.  We would love to hear your thoughts on any of our many topics.
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
Hi from Brasil! Please forgive my poor written English.

we're many here, fighting to express ourselves in another language
your english seems quite clear to me
be welcome!

Offline Ellen (tellyouwhat)

• Proulx 101
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • resist the corporate Taliban
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »

This forum has grown so much, I have no idea if this is really new to you guys & girls, anyway is good to have an opportunity to talk to you. It would be lovely if our community could cast our vote and express one more time our love for this movie.
Thanx,
such.is.life

Hi such is life

Your announcement has been picked up by our Daily Sheet and will run there tomorrow (July 3) but you should also post it in Forum News and events, there is a thread there for announcements.
sometimes I think life is just a rodeo the trick is to ride and make it 'til the bell --john fogerty

Offline Nikki

• Ephemera
  • Obsessed
  • Never enough time, never enough
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2006, 03:19:51 PM »

Not a new member, but am having trouble getting rid of those little marks before and after bold and italicized -- like this test and italicized please help!
The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

If he does not force his attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven!

Gonzo

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »

Not a new member, but am having trouble getting rid of those little marks before and after bold and italicized -- like this test and italicized please help!

Those marks are HTML programming characters.  The one with the back slash is meant to cease the directions.  e.g. [/b] stops the bolding.  They should always be in pairs otherwise the program just sees it as text.  The same goes for the quoting.  The first set of quote marks indicates your name etc. the last one closes the quote.  If the first set of characters has a back slash and the second one does not the program will not recognize it either and just leave it as visible text.  Just make sure when editing that you get them straight.  Is that now clear as mud for you?

Gonzo

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2006, 03:34:19 PM »
Nikki,

I looked at your recent posts and saw that you tried it in the sandbox.  Even though you had the pairing correct, I think, the reason it still showed up was because you had no text between the two sets of characters.  Try finding a short post such as this one and quote it.  When you do look at how the the characters are arranged.  Below are examples.  The word bold and the bolding marks beneath it were done exactly the same way I just did not have any text for the second example.  The program just recognized them as characters and displays them that way.  Maybe that will help.

BOLD

italicize

underline

Offline Nikki

• Ephemera
  • Obsessed
  • Never enough time, never enough
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »

Thanks Twisted Boy -- will try in the sandbox. Thanks again.
The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

If he does not force his attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven!

Offline ottoblom

• Experienced
    • website
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2006, 01:41:35 PM »
None of the enhancement buttons or emoticons work for me.  (I think maybe they worked in January)  What am I doing wrong?

Gonzo

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »
None of the enhancement buttons or emoticons work for me.  (I think maybe they worked in January)  What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean by enhancement buttons.  Bold? Italics?  To do these correctly you type the text and then highlight it and click the button of choice.  I have had trouble with the emoticons for a while.  It seems the shock and roll eyes and the kiss are no longer interactive on my screen.  Can you tell me if they make any movement?   :-*   :o   ::)  Previously kiss would purse its lips shock's eyes used to get big and small and roll eyes used to roll.

Offline ottoblom

• Experienced
    • website
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2006, 03:07:04 PM »
Yeah, I mean bold, italics, etc.  I highlight the text, push the button and nothing.  And I can't get an emoticon either.  Your little guys are doing what they're supposed to on my screen.  ;)
(I can make that wink the old fashioned way.)