The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Demolition" Discussion Thread - Spoilers allowed  (Read 11968 times)

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
Re: "Demolition" Discussion Thread - Spoilers allowed
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
Oops!  :o  Are we worried? Nah!  ;D

:laugh:  Nope! Not at all!
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 04:19:48 AM »
The Dutch poster! I like it. A lot.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 04:25:44 AM »
And a new clip! Jake dancing! It's a great day today  ;D

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-jake-gyllenhaal-dances-in-first-clip-from-demolition-plus-new-images-and-posters-20160311

To be honest, I was expecting more promotion by now, but all we have so far is what's posted in this thread. I do hope there will be some television promo as well.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2016, 04:54:09 AM »
JMV on filming the dance scene:

“It was ad-libbed as we were shooting,” Vallée says of filming Gyllenhaal’s dance moves, set to the sounds of “Free” by Mr. Big. “I showed a clip to Jake. I said, look at this guy dancing. You know, what’s it like to dance in the streets of New York like this, and just go wild? And he went, ‘Oh, yeah. F–k yeah. Let’s do this.’”

“We were shooting at the office and we had permission to shoot in the streets around the office, but then — we were a small crew, hiding the camera, we had production assistants and producers with some boards saying if you cross this line you might be in a feature film, so all the extras are accidental extras, and Jake just had a headset and he’s having fun with the music and just going wild,” the director says. “We knew we wanted to have this moment where this guy is telling society and the system, f–k off, I’m going to do it my own way.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/11/demolition-jake-gyllenhaal-sxsw-exclusive

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
And a new clip! Jake dancing! It's a great day today  ;D

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-jake-gyllenhaal-dances-in-first-clip-from-demolition-plus-new-images-and-posters-20160311

To be honest, I was expecting more promotion by now, but all we have so far is what's posted in this thread. I do hope there will be some television promo as well.

WOW! I love this!!!
Do we know the track he's dancing to? It sounds very like Paul Rodgers who used to sing with "Free" and "Bad Company", then took over as front man for "Queen" after Freddie died. It's a great funky track!  :P

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »
The Dutch poster! I like it. A lot.

Nice!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
JMV on filming the dance scene:

“It was ad-libbed as we were shooting,” Vallée says of filming Gyllenhaal’s dance moves, set to the sounds of “Free” by Mr. Big. “I showed a clip to Jake. I said, look at this guy dancing. You know, what’s it like to dance in the streets of New York like this, and just go wild? And he went, ‘Oh, yeah. F–k yeah. Let’s do this.’”

“We were shooting at the office and we had permission to shoot in the streets around the office, but then — we were a small crew, hiding the camera, we had production assistants and producers with some boards saying if you cross this line you might be in a feature film, so all the extras are accidental extras, and Jake just had a headset and he’s having fun with the music and just going wild,” the director says. “We knew we wanted to have this moment where this guy is telling society and the system, f–k off, I’m going to do it my own way.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/11/demolition-jake-gyllenhaal-sxsw-exclusive

LOL That'll teach me to post before I read everything! It was "FREE" and they couldn't have chosen anything better except maybe "All Right Now" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMFORx8uO8

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Pop quiz.

Do we know the track he's dancing to? It sounds very like Paul Rodgers who used to sing with "Free" and "Bad Company", then took over as front man for "Queen" after Freddie died. It's a great funky track!  :P

Beep. Perfect Score. Gold star.

('Highway')  ;D

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2016, 04:19:58 PM »
great poster!

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 06:24:37 AM »
LOL That'll teach me to post before I read everything! It was "FREE" and they couldn't have chosen anything better except maybe "All Right Now" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMFORx8uO8

Wait.

Is the article right? It says: “Free” by Mr. Big. That's incorrect. It's 'Mr. Big' by Free!  :laugh:

Mr. Big is also a band (well, there's two Mr. Big bands actually: a British one (1970s) and an American one ('90s: 'To be with you'), so I guess the mistake in the article is understandable.

Yes, they could have used 'All right now' as well!  Here's to hoping the 'Demolition' soundtrack will be great - I was already pleasantly surprised by 'Crazy on you' by Heart in the trailer. I have some very treasured memories of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZuW6BH_Vak

YouTube comment: "demolition brought me here"   :laugh:

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 06:48:36 AM »
Pop quiz.

Beep. Perfect Score. Gold star.

('Highway')  ;D

Hehehehehehe

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 06:53:36 AM »
Wait.

Is the article right? It says: “Free” by Mr. Big. That's incorrect. It's 'Mr. Big' by Free!  :laugh:

Mr. Big is also a band (well, there's two Mr. Big bands actually: a British one (1970s) and an American one ('90s: 'To be with you'), so I guess the mistake in the article is understandable.

Yes, they could have used 'All right now' as well!  Here's to hoping the 'Demolition' soundtrack will be great - I was already pleasantly surprised by 'Crazy on you' by Heart in the trailer. I have some very treasured memories of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZuW6BH_Vak

YouTube comment: "demolition brought me here"   :laugh:

Yes they got that the wrong way round. I read it twice before I realised what was going on. So far so very good with the soundtrack...love "Crazy On You" as well.
There were THEE comments about going there because of "Demolition".  ;D

Offline bubba

• Obsessed
  • love is a force of nature
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:13 AM »
Jake Gyllenhaal cuts a dapper figure in tailored suit as he gives his winning smile on the red carpet at South by Southwest Festival

His rugged good looks have earned him roles in many top action films.

However, Jake Gyllenhaal showed off his more polished side as he put on a dapper display at the South by Southwest festival (SXSW), yesterday.

The 35-year-old actor cut a classic figure at the Demolition screening in a slim cut suit and tie.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3490059/Jake-Gyllenhaal-cuts-dapper-figure-steps-red-carpet-South-Southwest-Festival.html#ixzz42o41jW5J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 05:36:39 PM »
Thanks Bubba!

New Jake pics for Eyelashes!

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2016, 07:32:58 AM »
New Jake pics for Eyelashes!

Yaaaaaaaaay! Never enough new Jake, never enough! And such colourful pis, too!  ;D

And also just when I was complaining there had been so little promo so far...  ;)

UV posted some review links on her GyllenBabble blog. I'll re-post some here:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/13/sxsw-review-demolition

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/03/10/sxsw-review-jake-gyllenhaal-makes-a-marvelous-mess-in-demolition/

“Demolition” is a strange beast. Its simple premise of an affluent investment banker struggling to cope in the wake of his wife’s death suggests it might be the kind of prestige pic that guns hard for Oscar gold. It does have a generous helping of Academy Award nominees, including director Jean-Marc Vallee (“Dallas Buyers Club”), Jake Gyllenhaal (“Brokeback Mountain”), Naomi Watts (“21 Grams”) and Oscar-winner Chris Cooper (“Adaptation”). However, as its title suggests, our hero finds salvation not through putting his life back together, but by methodically ripping it apart. Now that could be the stuff of a quirky Nancy Meyers comedy, where the wrecked widower finds a new love and a new lease on life to the jaunting tunes of Peter Gabriel’s “Solsbury Hill.” Instead, “Demolition” plays more like a lost Chuck Palahniuk adaptation, darkly comedic, dangerous, and edged with pain."