The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 753077 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #1470 on: January 04, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
He makes it almost impossible to ignore him.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1471 on: January 04, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »
You are right, but it's kind of difficult to ignore him when he's holding the BIGGEST nuclear bottom. I really need a facepalm button, a real big one.

"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1472 on: January 04, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #1473 on: January 04, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1474 on: January 04, 2018, 07:26:33 PM »
Trump is now claiming CREDIT for no air travel deaths in the USA for 2017.........>GOOD LORD!! Is there NOTHING the Man won't say??

Mining deaths rose in the US last year. I wonder if he'll claim credit for that.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Paul029

• Obsessed
« Reply #1475 on: January 04, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »
Tell-all book on Trump to be released early despite White House legal effort

Lawyers for Donald Trump moved on Thursday to try to shut down an explosive new book which has exposed chaos behind the scenes at the White House. In response, the book’s US publisher brought publication forward to Friday.

Michael Wolff’s book was due to be released on Tuesday. But after extracts were made public by The Guardian, the White House was thrown into a frenzy.

The Guardian published details from the book on Wednesday after obtaining a copy from a bookseller in New England. New York magazine then rushed to publish a lengthy extract and more details began to emerge as major US publications including the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal received copies free from embargo.

About 250,000 copies of the book had already been shipped, supposedly to be held until Tuesday. On Thursday afternoon, a spokeswoman for Holt & Co told the Guardian publication in all formats was being brought forward to Friday “due to unprecedented demand.”

A statement from the publisher added: “Henry Holt confirms that we received a cease and desist letter from an attorney for President Trump. We see ‘Fire and Fury’ as an extraordinary contribution to our national discourse, and are proceeding with the publication of the book.

As the White House struggled to contain the fallout from the book, a lawyer for the president sent a letter demanding Wolff and his publisher, Henry Holt & Co, “immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination,” or excerpts and summaries of its contents. The legal notice, sent by the Beverly Hills-based attorney Charles Harder, also demanded a copy of the book.

Ben Wizner, director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s speech, privacy and technology project, said earlier Trump’s lawsuit had no chance of success.

“Even Donald’s Trump’s lawyers aren’t crazy enough to present this to a court,” he said. “It would be extraordinary and unprecedented for a court to respond to these claims by blocking publication. That is not going to happen.

In a column for the Hollywood Reporter, titled “My Year Inside Trump’s Insane White House,” Wolff gave more insight into what he discovered as he sat “day after day on a West Wing couch” for a year. Administration officials, he suggested, do not believe Trump is capable of fulfilling his role as president.

In a final anecdote, Wolff wrote: “At Mar-a-Lago, just before the new year, a heavily made-up Trump failed to recognize a succession of old friends.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/04/trump-lawyers-book-steve-bannon-white-house
...there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline Paul029

• Obsessed
« Reply #1476 on: January 05, 2018, 12:16:29 AM »
Some jaw-dropping claims in explosive Trump book

•     Trump did not enjoy his own inauguration. He was angry that A-level stars had snubbed the event, disgruntled with the accommodations at Blair House, and visibly fighting with his wife, who seemed on the verge of tears. Throughout the day, he wore what some around him had taken to calling his golf face: angry and pissed off, shoulders hunched, arms swinging, brow furled, lips pursed.

•     Trump and Melania sleep in separate bedrooms and he demanded a lock on his bedroom door against the wishes of the Secret Service.

•     Trump orders McDonald's so he's not poisoned, told staff not to touch his toothbrush and strips his own bedsheets. 

•     Trump regularly sits in bed eating a cheeseburger at 6.30pm while calling his friends and watching three TVs.

•     Rupert Murdoch called Trump a “f***ing idiot” after a phone call and billionaire backer Tom Barrack said “he's not only crazy, he's stupid.”

•     Trump’s aides say he doesn’t read and “for all practical purposes is no more than semi-literate.”

•     Trump would try to bed his friends’ wives by goading their husbands to cheat while the wife listened in on speakerphone.

•     White House Communications Director Hope Hicks dated married Corey Lewandowski and Trump later told her: “You're the best piece of tail he'll ever have.”

•     The president called Acting Attorney General Sally Yates a ‘c***’ after she refused to enforce his immigration ban.

•     Trump tells the same stories three times in ten minutes and forgot a succession of old friends’ names at a Mar-a-Lago party.

•     Among his staff’s verdicts on him: ‘dope’, ‘dumb as s***’, ‘hopeless idiot’, ‘just a f***ing fool’, ‘lost his mind’, ‘incapable of functioning in his job.’

•     Ivanka Trump often jokes with friends about her father’s hair secrets—“She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the centre and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”  The colour, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men her father used to get rid of grey hairs—the longer it was left on, the darker it got—but his own impatience resulted in the strange orange-blond colour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5235929/Trumps-lawyer-tries-BAN-publication-explosive-book.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2775589/trump-hair-finasteride-ivanka-michael-wolff/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/donald-trump-best-bits-book-that-blew-up-steve-bannon-romance/9303242
...there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1477 on: January 05, 2018, 07:08:11 AM »
He's going the Howard Hughes route.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1478 on: January 05, 2018, 07:59:24 AM »
Well, you know what they say:"People don't remember the denials, they just remember the original stories or charges".....it's human behavior, I guess.

Plus: "Where there's Smoke, there's Fire"!! and this WH has plenty of SMOKE rolling around in it......... ;D ;D ;D

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1479 on: January 05, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »
A review on Amazon:

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY BAD. YOURS TRULY AMERICAN FRIEND
Bykeepwreckinon January 5, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
DEAR COMRADE BUDDY

PLEASE DO NOT BE OF READING. VERY BAD.

YOURS TRULY
AMERICAN FRIEND NO1
Bye, Felicia

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1480 on: January 05, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
First, sorry to be so blunt and/or vulgar, but times call for it.

Some jaw-dropping claims in explosive Trump book

•     Trump did not enjoy his own inauguration. He was angry that A-level stars had snubbed the event, disgruntled with the accommodations at Blair House, and visibly fighting with his wife, who seemed on the verge of tears. Throughout the day, he wore what some around him had taken to calling his golf face: angry and pissed off, shoulders hunched, arms swinging, brow furled, lips pursed.

•     Trump and Melania sleep in separate bedrooms and he demanded a lock on his bedroom door against the wishes of the Secret Service.

•     Trump orders McDonald's so he's not poisoned, told staff not to touch his toothbrush and strips his own bedsheets. 

•     Trump regularly sits in bed eating a cheeseburger at 6.30pm while calling his friends and watching three TVs.

•     Rupert Murdoch called Trump a “f***ing idiot” after a phone call and billionaire backer Tom Barrack said “he's not only crazy, he's stupid.”

•     Trump’s aides say he doesn’t read and “for all practical purposes is no more than semi-literate.”

•     Trump would try to bed his friends’ wives by goading their husbands to cheat while the wife listened in on speakerphone.

•     White House Communications Director Hope Hicks dated married Corey Lewandowski and Trump later told her: “You're the best piece of tail he'll ever have.”

•     The president called Acting Attorney General Sally Yates a ‘c***’ after she refused to enforce his immigration ban.

•     Trump tells the same stories three times in ten minutes and forgot a succession of old friends’ names at a Mar-a-Lago party.

•     Among his staff’s verdicts on him: ‘dope’, ‘dumb as s***’, ‘hopeless idiot’, ‘just a f***ing fool’, ‘lost his mind’, ‘incapable of functioning in his job.’

•     Ivanka Trump often jokes with friends about her father’s hair secrets—“She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the centre and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”  The colour, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men her father used to get rid of grey hairs—the longer it was left on, the darker it got—but his own impatience resulted in the strange orange-blond colour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5235929/Trumps-lawyer-tries-BAN-publication-explosive-book.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2775589/trump-hair-finasteride-ivanka-michael-wolff/
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-04/donald-trump-best-bits-book-that-blew-up-steve-bannon-romance/9303242

NONE OF THIS IS A SURPRISE.

As the sign on a Texas woman's truck says:
(And police have pulled her over and tried to get her to take it off.)

FUCK TRUMP
&
FUCK YOU FOR VOTING FOR HIM.

Offline BlueAmber63

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1481 on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
Will we be able to get this book in the UK or on Amazon or ANYWHERE ??
My God ...what great bedtime reading !!
Wanting him to come back... before anyone notices
part of the world has not moved...since he left.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1482 on: January 05, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »
it's available now on Kindle, the wait for the hardcover is 2-4 weeks on Amazon...

Following pressure from Trump’s lawyers to block publication, publishers Henry Holt and Co. moved the book’s release from January 9 to Friday at 9 a.m. Eastern time in the U.S.

In Washington, independent store Kramerbooks opened at midnight Friday to long lines and reportedly sold out within minutes. The indie seller promised via Twitter, "We will have many more copies on Monday."

Elsewhere, you can visit your local Barnes & Noble or independent bookstore to see if it has the book in store yet.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-and-where-buy-fire-and-fury-inside-trump-white-house-michael-wolffs-771970
Bye, Felicia

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1483 on: January 06, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »
I fear one of my well-meaning friends or relatives BOUGHT me that book!! oh, LORD!! We've LIVED that book the past year, I don't NEED it in print!!

hahahaha......... :D :D :D

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1484 on: January 06, 2018, 09:01:38 AM »
It sounds like it might be worse than what we've already seen, heard and read about.  It's already #1 on the NYT best seller list.
Bye, Felicia